losing every single gunfight?

Okay so when I first got my netduma it was perfect, I felt like the game was in more of real time people would shoot at me and couldn't even hit me almost like I had fiber (I have DSL) and I'd have 4 bar. Well now here we are I still four bar to every lobby almost and I'm now losing gunfights every single time on both bo3 and ghosts. I'll set my home location to (Maine) and my ping assist to 35 bo3 or 50 on ghosts. I have cc settings on 70% and Xbox one in hyper Lane, packet inspection unticked, ipv6 unticked. Idk what's going on with my hit detection all of a sudden but on bo3 I'll be uploading a whole Clip and nothing registers ghosts is like I'll get perfect hit registration on one kid then melted by the other. This is generally not the case ever for ghosts on my Asus router the hit detection without geofilter was fairly clean Im a 3kd player and almost a 2 on black ops 3 mostly cuz it lags ten times more. What am I doing wrong? I feel like a total noob now.

Right, not sure if the software is just buggy or what's up with it. I have an open Nat type and I'm in the US and there's obviously plenty of players and lobbys. I can often set my ping to 35 on ghosts even and grab a match. I don't get what's going on but it's pretty frustrating.

Okay so when I first got my netduma it was perfect, I felt like the game was in more of real time people would shoot at me and couldn't even hit me almost like I had fiber (I have DSL) and I'd have 4 bar. Well now here we are I still four bar to every lobby almost and I'm now losing gunfights every single time on both bo3 and ghosts. I'll set my home location to (Maine) and my ping assist to 35 bo3 or 50 on ghosts. I have cc settings on 70% and Xbox one in hyper Lane, packet inspection unticked, ipv6 unticked. Idk what's going on with my hit detection all of a sudden but on bo3 I'll be uploading a whole Clip and nothing registers ghosts is like I'll get perfect hit registration on one kid then melted by the other. This is generally not the case ever for ghosts on my Asus router the hit detection without geofilter was fairly clean Im a 3kd player and almost a 2 on black ops 3 mostly cuz it lags ten times more. What am I doing wrong? I feel like a total noob now.

Get good  ;)  :P

I'm not super savvy but savvy enough to know I've set the right settings. I'll admit the routers settings aren't exactly user friendly to the newbie tech person. But I fairly understand well of what I'm doing and watched a few YouTube videos plus I play with a guy who has one. Not sure if I'm suffering buffer lag or what but I've been using preemptive this whole time for cc and it was working great now idk wtf is going on and I see other YouTuber people aren't having issues so why am I? The host map is confusing as fuck too, the legend isn't pointing out a dedicated server from a player I just see red circles all around me and one with broken dotted lines usually outside of my host filter range.

Hahaha I'm not bad, I just unload a clip into kids and they don't die, and I'm being raped by kids with a 2-3 bar with no mercy at all. They didn't even use lube, hahaha. But seriously if my ping is better then wtf. I used the internet tester on the Duma and it says ping OK, loss and jitter like excellent or whatever it says. So that makes no sense at all. I turned Geo filter for my console off and the same laggy bullshit kept happening so idk.

First off have you checked your line by running ping plotter for a few hours at peak times?

Secondly when you look at the Geo filter map if you cannot rate the server but you can temp ban it then it is a dedicated server, also in game the number st the top right, if it ends in a letter e it is a dedi. I only ever connect to dedis, when you go into game there will be one big red circle and all the others will go to red dots. This is the server.

When you first launch mp all the dedicated servers around the world will light up for a few seconds.

And 3rd, do not worry about you tubers. Most probably play a shed load of games before they put up the one where they go beast.

Have you tried switching everything off and leaving it for 5 minutes before voting stuff up one item at a time starting with the modem.

Checked all cables are properly seated.

Lastly are you on the latest software with your console / gaming device in hyper lane upnp enabled or port forwarded.

the broken dotted-line is a host that you have added to your 'allow' list and it will allow you to connect regardless of distance

Alright when I get off work I'll mess with it more, I haven't actually allowed any people to my allow list, my friends can't join me only my Maine one cuz hes in my state. So this means that the jitter and lag must be on my line? In that case I am evidently getting connected to dedicated servers alot but what if I only want to connect to local ones? Either way still wouldn't explain going from winning most gun fights to literally losing them all.

ISP's can go bad real quick and you must rule it out, it may well be fine but better looking at the source of how you get your packets to a host before you start diagnosing other things.

ISP's can go bad real quick and you must rule it out, it may well be fine but better looking at the source of how you get your packets to a host before you start diagnosing other things.

So what do you propose I do?

Also you need to look at your monitor,cables(ethernet, hdmi) etc are they for good quality?

My Netduma is working fine after the update. The game kept giving me a moderate nat after the update so I forwarded the relevant ports and it plays fine. No throttling etct etc.

Also remember its a double whatever weekend which usually causes a few problems every time they do one.

Clearly the netduma is not performing after the latest black ops 3 update. The only solution to this problem is the anti-jitter and anti-spike features that were promised.

Have you checked your line to make sure that it is not getting abnormal amounts of jitter or packet loss?

Clearly the netduma is not performing after the latest black ops 3 update. The only solution to this problem is the anti-jitter and anti-spike features that were promised.

My Netduma is working fine after the BO3 update. I suspect your Netduma is too.

Zennon is absolutely right, my own connection fell apart overnight a few weeks ago - having tested everything at my end the ISP sent an engineer and they told me that they cannot fix it but they confirmed it is a problem their end not mine.

Yes sir. I have an A+ bufferbloat and A+ quality connection last time i checked at dslreports.com

Ok, please run a ping plotter test for several hours at peak time and let us look at your results and maybe we can help you sort things out :)

Oh, and please don't call me sir, I used to work for a living. :)

I'm sure we will be able to get things sorted :) just sometimes takes a while

It would appear that I have really bad uplink buffer bloat issues. Why? I can't tell. And ajusting the sliders seems to make no difference at all. Unless the settings take ages to kick into affect each time you do. I don't get why down link seems okay but the other way isn't. As far as I know my laptop is the only thing using data as I'm getting my full speeds very easily and I checked the netduma network monitoring for anything else. Even still with CC active buffer bloat shouldn't be an issue right?

Seems as if buffer bloat, MAYBE jitter seems to be two issues at current. The jitter idk. But the buffer bloat on the other hand is not fixed no matter how I ajust the sliders. The bloat seems to be happening on the uplink side. I tested DSL reports using DSL as my ISP type option and more often than not download was fairly good and uplink would work okay for a second but then spike like crazy sometimes up to 10kms but on average it was 2-300ms. OS this my user end issue,either the modem or something?

Archived