bug in CC?

RedBull2k

CC does not work the way it should above 50% to 99%. I have set my bandwidth to 74/18,  I have been trying to get my bandwidth to cap on speed tests at 68-71 Mbps, to try and get the highest speed while trying to keep bufferbloat an A+. No matter what combination I put in to make the end result, it always seems to cap out at 48-50 Mbps. What can I do? I have tried both algorithms with same results. i have un-ticked share excess, and set 95% prioritization, with speed tests and its still capping out at 48-50 Mbps

this is what i think it should be doing

cc set to 97% = 71.78 Mbps 

my set up is HG-612 > Netduma. 

turbo mode is already on. anything else i can try? do you not have same problem as me? the only thing i can think of is im using PPPoE on the netduma

Same issues here, have to keep prioritize even to all devices, used turbo mode both on and off with no fix. also have issues with setting saving on Duma, even with miscellaneous section I have cookies enabled. My upload and download saves for like an hour or so then changes to default for upload and download. Goes to 100 by 10. I used dsl for bufferbloat, was getting a plus them all of a sudden had to restart router cause my ping went from 45ms to 150ms and had problems loading the page, but when I reset the router it goes back to lower ping. Have to restart router almost everyday. Hopefully theirs a patch coming out to fix a lot of the issues.

• Netduma Staff

Same issues here, have to keep prioritize even to all devices, used turbo mode both on and off with no fix. also have issues with setting saving on Duma, even with miscellaneous section I have cookies enabled. My upload and download saves for like an hour or so then changes to default for upload and download. Goes to 100 by 10. I used dsl for bufferbloat, was getting a plus them all of a sudden had to restart router cause my ping went from 45ms to 150ms and had problems loading the page, but when I reset the router it goes back to lower ping. Have to restart router almost everyday. Hopefully theirs a patch coming out to fix a lot of the issues.

What version are you on?

To clear up what I said before, what I mention to Iain is that my speed is 180 Mbps down... So if I set the slider to 99% mathematically it should be about 178 Mbps... But on the router it drops my speed to about 160Mbps. This happens from about 75% to 99%, and I assume it's different for every speed.

My bandwidth is 50/50 DL/UL.  If I move both the CC sliders to 80%  I lose about 44% of my DL bandwidth and about 30% of my UL speeds  this ratio is consistent until I move the CC sliders to 20%, at this point the math works out and I get about 10MB/s.   There was negligible bandwidth change between 80% CC Sliders and 50%. 

With both CC's at 100% my Speeds were 56.3 DL and 51.1 UL

With both CC's at 80% my speeds were 28.5 DL and 33.5 UL

With both CC's at 50% my speeds were 19.8 DL and 23.3 UL

With both CC's at 20% my speeds were 9.5 DL and 9.58 UL  ( still lower mathematically than it should be, but it's close to correct )

Reset Distribution was done prior to the testing, no Hyper Traffic rules. For my paid for ISP speeds; in the 100-50% range on CC's, the actual congestion control is about 12ish% more stingy than it should

It sucks, but I still really like everything else the R1 brings to the table.  Part of the R1's purpose is to restrict our bandwidth to help with buffer bloat, so I just keep that in mind before I get all huffy. I understand the issue with people who have much more bandwidth than I.  Losing 12% on 180 MB/s line is significant, and it's tough to tune it in if you're losing all of that bandwidth after moving the CC slider just 1%.

I wonder what would happen if we put in higher than our paid-for bandwidth.  Like for my house, if I increased the value I enter into the R1 to 65 or 70 MB/s for both...maybe an experiment for another time...

i have experimented with this to try and get the desired value, but this also does not work. there is something fundamentally not working the maths.

• 4 weeks later...

I have done a test to get CC to work. Using PPPoE in Netduma i can get my max throughput with all previous tweaks, but CC  does not work they way it should. Using the Netduma behind a router i can get CC to work the way it should, at the expense of throughput.

My question, Is it possible to atleat get one of these scenarios to work the way its expected. 

• Administrators

I have done a test to get CC to work. Using PPPoE in Netduma i can get my max throughput with all previous tweaks, but CC  does not work they way it should. Using the Netduma behind a router i can get CC to work the way it should, at the expense of throughput.

My question, Is it possible to atleat get one of these scenarios to work the way its expected. 

You should be able to get your full speeds behind a router as long as everything is connected to the duma but thanks for the info :)

well i dont,

Also another bug i have found if i make a change to CC lets say down at 1% only, then I go to settings>lan and toggle ipv6 on and off and run a speed test i get full throughput if i then move the slider up 1% and run a speed test then i will only get 2% of my throughput.

Fraser, please take a look at Ping Assist. If I set it for example 22ms then I shouldn't connect to anything above that right. But every-time I'm connecting to 34ms +.  Please look into it thanks. Lots of bugs still on .6 that needs to be fixed. I feel every-time I make a change to something I have to reboot for it to release.   

• Administrators

Fraser, please take a look at Ping Assist. If I set it for example 22ms then I shouldn't connect to anything above that right. But I'm every-time . Im connecting to 34ms +.  Please look into it thanks. Lots of bugs still on .6 that needs to be fixed. I feel every-time I make a change to something I have to reboot for it to stick.   

You can still connect to hosts within your radius that are above that limit. It's just for hosts outside it. If it detects it as being under your limit for even just a second it will let it through.

I have finally done what i wanted to do, see my sig, before at 97% sliders i was getting between 50Mbps-60Mbps i think im going to do a little write up on what i have done later on.

the cc sliders do have something wrong with them. i pull 290 down at 100% then drop it to 99% and i pull 170 down. so a 1% drop is 120 difference. It does seem like the upload slider works properly though. never had a problem there

Archived