One BOOM attacks Netduma and Advertising

UK_Wildcats_Fans

I know this kid is wanting viewers and probably isn't as bright as he thinks he is, but he better be careful because he is treading a very fine line between slander and freedom of speech.

I doubt the Duma crew would care enough to pin this kids balls to a wall with a cease & desist order, but I'm just sayin' ;)

On a more serious note, like many others here, I bought the NetDuma about a year ago for AW. 

It made a difference... And this was before I upgraded my internet to what I have now in order to stream.

My games were on point in AW, so much my best moment is when I kept killing this kid over and over again and I heard him say, "Oh, come on, dude!" That's when I knew the Netduma was the product I paid $200 USD for. I've never had that same type of experience since... But it's not the Netduma's fault. It's the God Damned game a.k.a. BO3.

BO3 is a piece of doggy do.

It's everything all the CoD haters have been saying for years and I can no longer defend it, or the developers. Once again, this is not the Netduma's fault.

Also, is it me, or have IQs dropped collectively across the board?

I mean, the obvious answer is "Yes" since Donald Trump may be a candidate for President of the United States, but the amount of ignorance and stupidity out there (on the net and IRL) is frightening. The irony is they are the ones who get the most attention because they make uninformed statements about things they haven't the slightest clue about to get others to drink the Koolaid and anoint them as the "smart one". Oy, vey!

This guy who made the video still thinks you can sort COD with just QOS. lol

Funny how his lack of knowledge or any time with the Netduma R1 has not allowed him to reflect on the two algorithms the R1 allows the consumer to use.

You're not getting Premeptive/Reactive algo's with your Netgear son.

• Administrators

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the nice words. I've read all of your comments. It really means a lot to us. 

That being said, we made a mistake by responding to him on Twitter after the tweet that sparked it. We'll not do that again haha.

Please don't engage with him, as much as it is unfortunate that he is concerned with us enough to do a video he is entitled to his opinion as are we all. We don't have to agree with him and certainly he has made points (from what I heard) that are false. Best thing to do in this situation is just ignore him. 

Once again thank you DumaArmy, you continue to amaze us with the enormous amount of support you give us on a daily basis. It is appreciated much more than you know!

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the nice words. I've read all of your comments. It really means a lot to us. 

That being said, we made a mistake by responding to him on Twitter after the tweet that sparked it. We'll not do that again haha.

Please don't engage with him, as much as it is unfortunate that he is concerned with us enough to do a video he is entitled to his opinion as are we all. We don't have to agree with him and certainly he has made points (from what I heard) that are false. Best thing to do in this situation is just ignore him. 

Once again thank you DumaArmy, you continue to amaze us with the enormous amount of support you give us on a daily basis. It is appreciated much more than you know!

You should consider sending him a Netduma for him to do an actual thorough product review.  Let the product speak for itself.

You should consider sending him a Netduma for him to do an actual thorough product review.  Let the product speak for itself.

Normally I would agree but not for a whiner/barf spewer.  The kid tweets to JD about how he was just mouthing off, but not talking about the router. Meanwhile he's taking shots at real people not equipment. I love how he's spent years learning to optimize his home network and QOS...I felt like saying, "Yeah I optimize mine in less than 1 minute and it works perfectly" Like A7Legit said he thinks all our router does is QOS and that QOS will solve COD issues.  There comes a time when every man realizes it much more important to know what he is talking about before he goes off because when you don't, it's easy to have your argument unravel in less than a second.  I almost picked it apart, but decided he wasn't going to change anything he said.  If he was so knowledgeable he would have given more than a 1 letter reply to my comment on his video

Normally I would agree but not for a whiner/barf spewer.  The kid tweets to JD about how he was just mouthing off, but not talking about the router. Meanwhile he's taking shots at real people not equipment. I love how he's spent years learning to optimize his home network and QOS...I felt like saying, "Yeah I optimize mine in less than 1 minute and it works perfectly" Like A7Legit said he thinks all our router does is QOS and that QOS will solve COD issues.  There comes a time when every man realizes it much more important to know what he is talking about before he goes off because when you don't, it's easy to have your argument unravel in less than a second.  I almost picked it apart, but decided he wasn't going to change anything he said.  If he was so knowledgeable he would have given more than a 1 letter reply to my comment on his video

Some of my grandfather's advice and knowledge that has stuck with me.

Teens:  You THINK that you know everything

20s: You KNOW that you know everything

30s: You start to realize that you may not know as much as you thought

40s: You realize that you really don't know anything

50+: The real learning begins, and the world is a wonderful place filled with intrigue, diversity and mysteries

Some of my grandfather's advice and knowledge that has stuck with me.

Teens:  You THINK that you know everything

20s: You KNOW that you know everything

30s: You start to realize that you may not know as much as you thought

40s: You realize that you really don't know anything

50+: The real learning begins, and the world is a wonderful place filled with intrigue, diversity and mysteries

60+: You start to forget half of what you "know", and realize most of it wasn't that important anyway.. it's the simple things in life that really matter. 

I did not watch the video but I read what was posted above. I've had my R1 for a little over a year now. I am an early adopter, got it on the 2nd batch of orders. I am pretty much a tech nerd, after all that is what I do for a living. So for me, setting up a router is something I can do with my eyes closed. I can say that I've thoroughly tested it and for what it is, it's a finicky piece of hardware. When I first bought it, I was worried that it was all just a gimmick like anything else that has the words "gaming" on it. Which for a $200 "gaming" device that claims to fix so many problems should be anyone's worry.

A year later, I can say that the router does do exactly what it says. However, the problem here is that people are expecting way too much from it. From a technical stand point I see the effects of having the router in place. But from a normal casual gamer who doesn't know anything about why we lag, and how the internet works I can understand the frustrations that people have on this forum and after their purchase not living up to expectations.

I said the router is finicky and I meant it. For me it's always been a love hate relationship with it. On one hand I can recommend it to people who have tons of people in their house using up their bandwidth. The congestion control feature is about the only one I use these days and it works fantastically. However, the geo-filter is a pain in the ass to deal with. For me, on PS4 I have tons of issues when I start enabling and disabling the geo-filter or messing with settings constantly. Getting dropped from parties, not finding any games, not being able to see any players in a full lobby, etc. I think most of the problems come from the geo filter being over used. And honestly since black ops 3 and other games have been running on dedicated servers now I find it almost useless to try to find "close" hosts because even on a server with 12ms ping you can still have a lag-fest.

And that brings me to my next point. Just seeing the in game ping on BO3 show 60ms ping, and my R1 showing 12ms proves that the problem is with the game not the router. Players don't want to realize that this game is broken. Not by accident, but on purpose. And all future cod games will also lag on purpose, because while you are raging that none of your shots count - timmy no thumbs is having the game of his life dropping raps and a mothership on your ass.

To end this, I will say that I use my R1 more as an informational tool now to know that my internet and network are working optimally and the problem isn't on my end. For that, it works great and for anyone else who knows how to use a router and understands that this is not going to make you god like and invincible in your games then you should buy this router.

TL;DR - The router can be a pain to use at times, but if you use it for what it was intended to do then it works great. At times I feel like we are beta testers for some features. These days I only recommend it to people who have lots of people using their connection causing them to lag. I think Netduma needs to be a little more clear on what their router can and can not do. Be clear about fixing in home lag vs fix laggy servers.

My feelings exactly. It's a great router and will only get better, but this router has not been a miracle worker for many of us.

Archived