I have been very busy this evening writing a Chrome extension. Now it is relatively simple, so what it allows you to do is click an R1 logo (in the extensions zone) to launch a new tab showing the Netduma config page. So now your interested how do you install it? Rather than babble on I am going to leave the steps below and then some quick notes about future plans.
1) Please read the bottom of the article now! I have made some updates. You can now download an official version form here:
For custom installs:
1) Download the .crx file, this is the actual extension file. I had never heard of .crx before doing this
project but I can promise you it is not malicious.
2) Move the .crx file to your desktop. This isn't required but will make the next steps a bit easier.
3) Open a new chrome tab and enter: chrome://extensions/
This will open the Extensions management page.
4) Now move the Chrome window to a position where you can see it and the .crx file on your desktop. Now all you need to do is drag the .crx file onto the Chrome page.
5) Release your cursor and a confirmation box will pop up asking if you want to add it. Click add and that is it!
6) You will now see a Netduma logo in the top right of your Chrome page with your other extensions. If you click it a
new tab will be launched opening the Netduma configuration page.
So eventually I would like to publish this to the Chrome store for more easy use. Can either Iain, Fraser or anyone from the Netduma team message me regarding permission to do this, alternatively I am happy for you to publish it as long as I am given some form of recognition Done it!
If you have any questions please leave them below! Hope this helps!
So... I sorta jumped the gun a bit and published it! It's available here for download through the Chrome store: