Bufferbloat A+

zombitroid

and I have asked the netduma devs if my upload speed is too slow and they confirm its fine for gaming. :)

I didn't mean it was too slow to work for gaming. 

I meant you may not be able to achieve an A+ on Upload. 

There isn't enough bandwidth to counter the modem's buffer. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Netduma needs to add to ability to test like dslreports and auto tune the router for optimum settings for bufferbloat and line quality.

That would be a cool feature to have on the duma,if it's possible.

Oh and by the way I finally got an A+ A+ for bufferbloat and quality when I swiched to preemtive and changed my download to 30% and kept upload at 50%.

It fluctuates between A+ and A and I got the A+ A+ between 30-33% download testing.

Games were smoother too!

Neither can i, tried hundreds of tests, wrote every one down also, best i get is b on both.

I personally don't put a lot of faith in the BB debate. Mainly because my Internet is soooo jittery and unstable. I can get A+ on BB and Quality, test my ping on Internet Diagnosis and it's awful and the games unplayable.

But if it works for you enjoy! :)

I personally don't put a lot of faith in the BB debate. Mainly because my Internet is soooo jittery and unstable. I can get A+ on BB and Quality, test my ping on Internet Diagnosis and it's awful and the games unplayable.

But if it works for you enjoy! :)

This was pretty much my stance too because A+ BB should be a starting point, not the only one.

50% Up / 50% Down
BufferBloat: A, Quality: A+, Speed: F

100% Up / 100% Down
BufferBloat: B, Quality: B+, Speed: C

No matter what I do I cant get my speed any better than a C. I have verizon 75 up and down

50% Up / 50% Down

BufferBloat: A, Quality: A+, Speed: F

100% Up / 100% Down

BufferBloat: B, Quality: B+, Speed: C

No matter what I do I cant get my speed any better than a C. I have verizon 75 up and down

same here 1 A 2 A and 3 C-F but mostly F

Has anybody found a way to test this directly through the PS4? Using the built in web browser on the PS4 I think would give us a more accurate buffer bloat reading than what the laptop or iPad checks, or am

I wrong?

No it will not be any different or better.

Connection CHARTER
60 D/L 4U/L.

62% D 96% U Preemtive I tested this during early morning
Bufferbloat A+, A+,D.

I tweaked my setting a little bit more.

45% D 96% reactive, I tested this during night when nobody was using the internet, hit detention feels smooth with this setting.

BB A+,A+D.

Has anybody found a way .... I think would give us a more accurate buffer bloat reading than what the laptop or iPad checks, or am

I wrong?

If you were testing your Ipad or laptop wirelessly when doing this, then a hard wired connection would obviously lead to better results.  I don't personally believe you would gain much (better or different) settings by doing a wired laptop versus wired console connection that would be even perceivable by the average human.

I'll be honest with you guys - Most of the #Canaries have moved away from checking and double checking this with the new features that came out.  With the Hyper Lane queuing game packets as top priority, and having a hardwired test that shows almost no movement on dlsreports, (I've pretty consistently run about 88 on the down and 90 up to get my A+).

With the new features, I just set my sliders at 85/85 and drop in.  

Dslreports for me doesn't give me my BB grade on the PS4. It does on the Xbox One but with error messages. I just set my CC to 60% up and down for the Xbox and 65% up and down for the PS4. I've always got different results from Dslreports so I don't believe it 100%.

The new features have made a difference though, a big difference!

Dslreports for me doesn't give me my BB grade on the PS4. It does on the Xbox One but with error messages. I just set my CC to 60% up and down for the Xbox and 65% up and down for the PS4. I've always got different results from Dslreports so I don't believe it 100%.

The new features have made a difference though, a big difference!

Are you doing the dslreport on the consoles or on a pc/laptop?

Also gave up on BB settings and just went back to the standard 70/70 when mama's home and 90/90 when I got the place to myself.The BB was good for awhile and helped but it for me anyway quit having the desired effects.But if it's working for you by all means stick with it

guys im still having a very hard time getting A+ BB. Ive been trying all sorts of numbers. what are the requirements for A+ again?

these are the results I just got with 95% down and up. Ive tried many many different combinations in the Congestion Control settings.

3117536.png

Zombitroid - Essentially you are trying to protect your own home network against spikes that can cause lag in your game.

If you are getting an "A", you are better than about 99% of the average gamers out there that know nothing about it. The rest are probably all members here...LOL

I assume you have upgraded to 1.03.06g?  If you haven't you should.

If you have it already, just put your console in the Hyper Lane and don't worry so much about the BB.  With the Hyper Lane giving you better than blink of eye front of the queue priority, you are going to be good as long as you have that basic CC set (95% in your case).

Times are changing and Iain is always looking out for us.  Trust the new tech and roll with that brother.  You will be happier being less stressed out by the ever changing variables on something that has been resolved.   ;)

Archived