Bufferbloat A+

zombitroid

guys im still having a very hard time getting A+ BB. Ive been trying all sorts of numbers. what are the requirements for A+ again?

these are the results I just got with 95% down and up. Ive tried many many different combinations in the Congestion Control settings.

3117536.png

same here, don;t think it will make any diff, if you play bops3, game is woeful, and it won't help anyhow.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zombitroid - Essentially you are trying to protect your own home network against spikes that can cause lag in your game.

If you are getting an "A", you are better than about 99% of the average gamers out there that know nothing about it. The rest are probably all members here...LOL

I assume you have upgraded to 1.03.06g?  If you haven't you should.

If you have it already, just put your console in the Hyper Lane and don't worry so much about the BB.  With the Hyper Lane giving you better than blink of eye front of the queue priority, you are going to be good as long as you have that basic CC set (95% in your case).

Times are changing and Iain is always looking out for us.  Trust the new tech and roll with that brother.  You will be happier being less stressed out by the ever changing variables on something that has been resolved.   ;)

i had not a clue about the new update! great post!!! im going to go get it! ill try not to stress. im just techy and I like fiddling around with this stuff. Hyper Lane is going to be interesting!!

i had not a clue about the new update! great post!!! im going to go get it! ill try not to stress. im just techy and I like fiddling around with this stuff. Hyper Lane is going to be interesting!!

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I must repeat once you get your network tuned and tested for BB the difference is there.

Everyone's connection is different even if you have the same ISP and internet package.

Yeah if that was wireless and at 100/100,I would say your line is just fine.

But would still run wired if possible,especially when doing any kind of testing or when running ping plotter.

These numbers will vary HEAVILY on several factors, not limited too:

• Wired or Wireless.  Wired will always give you better numbers (meaning you will need less congestion control) but you need to factor in what other members of your house will be doing going forward into your gaming session.  If you run this test while you are home alone, and then (3) members come home and all open two windows a piece in remote corners of the house, your response is going to go to shit.  Rerun the test with all members active to ACCURATELY protect your gaming session from their opening/closing and downloading/streaming.

• Your Service Type:  FTTH (Fiber to the Home) is going to ALWAYS have a much cleaner path to and from your house than other models.  Thusly, you won't need as much Congestion Control to get an A+ rating IF you don't have anything wrong inside your house.  If you have traditional cable lines, like we do in the States, depending on how far you are from the Node feeding your neighborhood, you may find it impossible to get an A+ without your service providers assistance.  This is where www.pingplotter.com comes in.

• 2 weeks later...

These numbers will vary HEAVILY on several factors, not limited too:

• Wired or Wireless.  Wired will always give you better numbers (meaning you will need less congestion control) but you need to factor in what other members of your house will be doing going forward into your gaming session.  If you run this test while you are home alone, and then (3) members come home and all open two windows a piece in remote corners of the house, your response is going to go to shit.  Rerun the test with all members active to ACCURATELY protect your gaming session from their opening/closing and downloading/streaming.

• Your Service Type:  FTTH (Fiber to the Home) is going to ALWAYS have a much cleaner path to and from your house than other models.  Thusly, you won't need as much Congestion Control to get an A+ rating IF you don't have anything wrong inside your house.  If you have traditional cable lines, like we do in the States, depending on how far you are from the Node feeding your neighborhood, you may find it impossible to get an A+ without your service providers assistance.  This is where www.pingplotter.com comes in.

"Rerun the test with all members active to ACCURATELY protect your gaming session from their opening/closing and downloading/streaming." - are you saying that running the test itself can protect you from lag? How does this test work? please explain I dont understand. Why do you run the test while they are online to protect yourself?

"Rerun the test with all members active to ACCURATELY protect your gaming session from their opening/closing and downloading/streaming." - are you saying that running the test itself can protect you from lag? How does this test work? please explain I dont understand. Why do you run the test while they are online to protect yourself?

JD was referring to the fact that like he said if your run the test and your the only one home on a quiet network,you'll get one result.

If your home by yourself and gaming then 3 people come home and start using your network the results will not be the same as it was while you were the only one using your network.

So if you run the test while your network has traffic on it,it will be more accurate.So to break it down if your the only one on your network gaming and you have set your CC then others come home and start using the network you adjust accordingly.Because the results will be different so you'll need to re run the test with a busy network and reset CC

Hi everyone! Im wondering if any of you out there have any idea how to go from an A bufferbloat rating to an A+ rating. (Im talking about the dslreports.com speedtest) I understand that if you consistently get A+ on the bufferbloat then you know that your Congestion Control settings are perfect. Thing is, I have gone percent by percent through my Congestion Control Settings and I cannot find a percentage that gives me an A+ rating.

Do any of you get an A+ rating on bufferbloat? What is the trick?

Thank you!!!

The trick for me was to switch from cable to DSL. On cable I could never get good rating on BB even though my cable speed was faster.

Run the test based on the usage at the time of your session.  

If you set up when no one is home, and people come home doing what people do with the internet, then rerun the test and adjust accordingly to protect yourself from the pings and spikes of your house mates opening/closing/streaming stuff via your connection.

If you set up and no one is home, and game for two hours with no one home, then there is no need to rerun the test as nothing has changed locally for you*  (*outside of the obvious - unnamed device just pinged their update location and found a 2Gig patch waiting to download immediately)

ive been wanting to switch from DSL to cable! lol :)

The only thing I noticed this weekend was that Youtube on some videos take a little bit of time loading which I could say that I never experienced with cable.

By the way anyone here having buffering problem with AT&T and Youtube?

I wouldn't recommend that zombitroid

I'm with Zennon on this one, having switched from a cable line to a VDSL line just for my gaming needs.

IMO very bad idea,DSL is so much more stable which is so much better for gaming.

And yes I have switched from cable to DSL,no comparison.

Cable is shite! DSL is Waaaaaaay better and if we all had fiber then that is heaven!

Amen brother,hopefully this fall for me for the giga on AT&T and hopefully for you too... :D

Archived