-
Posts
87507 -
Joined
-
Days Won
1947
Everything posted by Netduma Fraser
-
You can disable it that's not a problem. What percentage had you set the sliders to? What do you mean it doesn't respond? Yes that's correct for DNS. Yes setting to 100% essentially disables it. I think we'll be going over it in a video, I'm not sure how much we can say about how it works at the moment. You can always downgrade. Generally if its not in the changelog then it's not been included, we're still working on improvements and fixes. You can adjust Congestion Control manually. Could you expand on that? Well PPPoE/DHCP is working otherwise you wouldn't have a connection at all - it doesn't affect your gameplay quality. It'll be down to have you have the settings done, you may need to fine tune them as the firmware has changed. You can downgrade if you wish to.
-
Do you get an error when trying to run the test at all?
-
Okay that's great, that's what I'd suspect. There aren't any game specific settings that you definitely need to do. As long as you have the Geo-Filter setup to get the closest servers and have Congestion Control setup to eliminate local congestion and SmartBOOST has your device/gaming prioritized you should be good.
-
Sorry for the late reply, you can ignore the stat part, that's quite a new feature so may need tweaking. It can still stabilize the ping to peers I believe but it may not work with every single game
-
Check if you experience the same direct to your modem
-
Disable Steady Ping, are you forcing the closest servers? Congestion Control is set how exactly?
-
As above. I wouldn't have thought it'd really negatively impact your connection at all, may have just been that game. Networking has lots of variables so games can vary game to game all the time
-
Try disabling SmartBOOST and the protection options in settings
-
Ah that's great to hear, thanks for the update!
-
The test has a compatibility table, the link you provided isn't compatible, ublock is, hence the difference in the results.
-
XR700 Dual port 2.5gbps
Netduma Fraser replied to davemarsden132's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
These articles should help: https://kb.netgear.com/000060606/How-do-I-set-up-my-10G-SFP-port-for-WAN-on-my-NETGEAR-Nighthawk-XR700-Pro-Gaming-Router https://kb.netgear.com/000059681/How-do-I-set-up-a-10G-network-using-my-Nighthawk-XR700-and-Nighthawk-SX10-Gaming-Switch can ignore the switch part on this -
NAT Type 2 is open so that's good. It's reporting incorrectly, if its open then they'll be working
-
You order has shipped today, you should have received a tracking email
-
Do you play any other games? If so does it ping those servers okay or just this game you have an issue with?
-
NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535
Netduma Fraser replied to Netduma Lew's topic in NETGEAR Nighthawk Support (XR range)
Is this on the beta? I don't think I've seen many people get Rapp not loaded on this version. Use routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm to login and then try re-upgrading from there. Also just to double check, you're not still on RC10 are you? -
Please let me permanently disable steady ping
Netduma Fraser replied to Megatf's topic in Netduma R3 Support
We're aware of that and will get it sorted. As long as you don't reboot the router the disabled state should persist. -
The R3 can handle that many devices so it's not a problem. With an AP technically the devices connected to it are seen as wired to the router as at no point does it connect to the R3 WiFi so it would be hard to overwrite that. You don't need to DMZ the AP either. I think maybe in theory if you rename the WiFi to be the same that could achieve what you want, I haven't tried it so not sure how effective it would be.
-
What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R3? E.g. R3 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode. Are ALL devices connected to the R3? How have you set Congestion Control? Are you using Steady Ping on the Geo-Filter?
-
Adblock - Blocking Apple TV Components Bug Report
Netduma Fraser replied to Zac's topic in Netduma R3 Support
Yes essentially it's like a browser Adblocker at the network level. However, as the browser Adblocker I assume can block elements that's why it's easier to block video ads where its harder to do so at the network level. We do have some default lists, I'm not too sure how they were created but we're not using any other service. -
easports nhl24 "Couldn't Ping Server"
Netduma Fraser replied to xxfrostbitexx's topic in Community Discussion
That will happen sometimes as some servers don't respond to pings but it shouldn't be every time you play -
network statistics
Netduma Fraser replied to L0rd's topic in Feature Ideas & Improvements for DumaOS
For Network Activity? Not that I know of, I can make a request to have them save past a reboot, that is a good point. -
Fixed CPU usage spike issue coming next week.
Netduma Fraser replied to Netduma Cameron's topic in News & Announcements
Do a factory reset, there has been a lot of changes -
Ports being opened or using the DMZ doesn't mean you'll get a good experience. What are your Geo-Filter, SmartBOOST and Congestion Control settings?
-
Try this that I posted above
-
It uses measurementlabs, if the main server is down and the backups are down it won't work
