1.03.5 If you are having out of geo or speed issues see here

I am seeing a lot of this so I thought a sticky with the possible answers from the firmware set up guide that might help.

Out of the geo-filter:

Make sure you have refreshed the host filtering page once you have upgraded then change the now non-existent xbox live pa or playstation network pa service to xbox live or play station network service on the host filtering page select a service tab.

Speed :

The device priority flower is now download as well as upload so if you have prioritised you console your other device you are speed testing on will be throttled.

If you want to re gain speed on other devices press the reset distribution and update distribution that is found at the bottom of the congestion control page.

Edit : Also if you are using preemtive please try reactive.

I am seeing a lot of this so I thought a sticky with the possible answers from the firmware set up guide that might help.

Out of the geo-filter:

Make sure you have refreshed the host filtering page once you have upgraded then change the now non-existent xbox live pa or playstation network pa service to xbox live or play station network service on the host filtering page select a service tab.

Speed :

The device priority flower is now download as well as upload so if you have prioritised you console your other device you are speed testing on will be throttled.

If you want to re gain speed on other devices press the reset distribution and update distribution that is found at the bottom of the congestion control page.

Hi Zennon, I did the Duma update and everything was fine, after the BO3 update it all went to a crapfest as usual.

I am having an issue with my speeds at present, but not sure if it's the settings my router/modem.

I am supposed to get up to 152dL and had my setting set accordingly turbo set deep packet processing off etc

On doing a few speed tests after the updates I am getting nearer 35-40 so am now confused as to which speeds to put in the bandwith and what settings to use.

Do you know how to do a speed test with a modem, or do I need to put it back into router mode first?

Hi, after I did the new update to 1.03.5 my connection speeds have become very low. And even after I disconnect the Netduma router and go back to my old Lynksis router my connection speed is still low. It's almost like after I updated the Netduma router it has also affected my Modem. Is that possible? Could the new update have affected how my Modem brings internet into the house and it's speed?

Because now no matter which router I use Netduma or Lynksis my connections speeds have disappeared. I need some help please, I'm quite concerned!

Hi, after I did the new update to 1.03.5 my connection speeds have become very low. And even after I disconnect the Netduma router and go back to my old Lynksis router my connection speed is still low. It's almost like after I updated the Netduma router it has also affected my Modem. Is that possible? Could the new update have affected how my Modem brings internet into the house and it's speed?

Because now no matter which router I use Netduma or Lynksis my connections speeds have disappeared. I need some help please, I'm quite concerned!

Who is your provider., I am with Virgin and my speeds have come way down. It cannot be the Netduma if the Linksy's is the same, it is more likely your ISP could be congestion, or a fault on your line

Awesome!

If it helps anyone having the speed decrease issue... it took me a few tries after 'reseting/ updating distrubution'... I tried 3 speed tests in the first five min after doing so, and found that the first two revealed a massive drop (eek!), but upon the third test the reported results were as expected/ what I should be seeing (yay!).

Q

I found a loss in speed after the update also.  I have 50 DL / 50 UL from Verizon Fios. I tried resetting the distribution flower as suggested, but that didn't do anything. I ended up having to switch from the "Preemptive" algorithm to "Reactive" and that restored my speeds to original. Actually, my UL speeds have never been higher.  I went from a consistent 48-53 UL speed to ~ 58-60.

ok so im having some speed issues , i have comcast, us . 150mb download 10 updload. so i click the turbo setting , reset CC , but as soon as i move the numbers on device prioritisation , all devices fall under 6mb down 2upload , whats going on .

the duma cant effect your modem thats own your isp. your isp might have a node overload and during peak hrs your speeds can get really low 

I have ran about 15 different test atlas one each hour of the day/night I have seen NO difference in the results . I have updated my router with the new firmware, reset my router (called ISP to REPING/FRESHEN), power cycled all my devices. I pay for my internet and it is kind of upsetting and disturbing to me to find that the Netduma is not living up to what its supposed to doing, as for support hey @Netduma support ! Listen up  we have problems and you guys need a fix for this a DETAILED youtube video would be great! oh BTW WITHOUT my Netduma I run 296down and 25up with my Netduma I'm at 40down and 5up.....What the HECK COME ON GUYS!  -_-

• Netduma Staff

I have ran about 15 different test atlas one each hour of the day/night I have seen NO difference in the results . I have updated my router with the new firmware, reset my router (called ISP to REPING/FRESHEN), power cycled all my devices. I pay for my internet and it is kind of upsetting and disturbing to me to find that the Netduma is not living up to what its supposed to doing, as for support hey @Netduma support ! Listen up  we have problems and you guys need a fix for this a DETAILED youtube video would be great! oh BTW WITHOUT my Netduma I run 296down and 25up with my Netduma I'm at 40down and 5up.....What the HECK COME ON GUYS!   -_-

If you follow these instructions word for word you'll get your speeds. I have 300/30 and get them through the Duma.

Are you using the reactive algorithm? if not can you switch to it and check.

Also make sure VPN is not enabled, scroll down the page and make sure it is unticked and then press apply and wait for it to say disconnected.

Out of the geo-filter:

Speed :

Edit : Also if you are using preemtive please try reactive.

Seems like Reactive helped this morning, but I'm still having problems with finishing off the opposing player in Blops III. When I think I've got them beat after emptying a whole magazine somebody comes along and I get an assist. I'm really struggling with this fiber optic network. I'm 100 up and 100 down. It's a 100% fiber network in my area. You wouldn't think lag would be an issue, but it's a major problem where I live. I didn't have nearly as big a problem when I was on DSL. 

• Administrators

Seems like Reactive helped this morning, but I'm still having problems with finishing off the opposing player in Blops III. When I think I've got them beat after emptying a whole magazine somebody comes along and I get an assist. I'm really struggling with this fiber optic network. I'm 100 up and 100 down. It's a 100% fiber network in my area. You wouldn't think lag would be an issue, but it's a major problem where I live. I didn't have nearly as big a problem when I was on DSL. 

Bandwidth has nothing to do with gaming. Gaming uses like a lot less than 1mbps. You could have 10gbps down and up but if you have a base ping of 50 then you won't get a game under that. 

What is your base ping? You can then work from there. Do a internet diagnosis on the duma, click show details and look for the average ping to see what it is.

Archived