1.03.5 If you are having out of geo or speed issues see here

• Administrators

Can you do the following please:

Make sure you have the cable we provided connecting the Duma to your modem/hub or a high quality cat6 cable.

Ensure you have done the following: 

Settings > miscellaneous: 

• Disable Deep packet processing.
  • Disable link local IPv6.
  • Ensure turbo/super turbo is un ticked.

Settings > WAN:

• Disable IPv6.

Settings > LAN:

• Disable IPv6.

Congestion Control:

• Set bandwidth - Put your correct speeds in & apply.
  • Choose Reactive algorithm
  • Wiggle the anti-flood sliders down and then put them both to 100%.
  • Reset device distribution & apply distribution.

Once you have done all of that ensure you do a wired speed test from your PC. 

Good afternoon!

2 questions:

1. Why I have this error?

2. If I have 40mb download speed and 4mb upload speed. Why if I put in the CC to 70% for download and 70% for upload I do not get 28mb for download and 2.8 for upload? The 70% of 40 is 28 and 70% of 4 is 2.8. My speed are lower when I do that. I am getting 12-16mb max for download and 1.2-1.6 max for upload.

If I put the CC to 100% the results are different. 40-41 download and 3.92-4.12 upload.

post-709-0-07518000-1448474231_thumb.png

• Netduma Staff

Good afternoon!

2 questions:

1. Why I have this error?

2. If I have 40mb download speed and 4mb upload speed. Why if I put in the CC to 70% for download and 70% for upload I do not get 28mb for download and 2.8 for upload? The 70% of 40 is 28 and 70% of 4 is 2.8. My speed are lower when I do that. I am getting 12-16mb max for download and 1.2-1.6 max for upload.

If I put the CC to 100% the results are different. 40-41 download and 3.92-4.12 upload.

1. See if this fixes it :)
  2. Are you using pre-emptive? If you are then the reason for this is probably because it is a conservative algorithm. It shouldn't matter too much if this is happening because it is still doing the job of stopping congestion on your network :)

Just p.m. either Crossy, Zennon, Fraser or Iain in that order. Let them know you want to do a 1 on 1 and they will set up a time with you.

Thanks Buck, i have resolved the speed issue and now Im getting full 100dl - 20ul

Im on pppoe and what i did is i put another router between my isp box and netduma, and i entered my pppoe username and password on the router in between isp box and netduma, and kept pppoe fields empty on netduma and issue was resolved and now im getting awesome gaming experience.. thanks guys :)

Archived