Why do I get lag when I host?!

Evening gents,

I see from reading other posts that there are a a few people experiencing problems with BO3 connection, but my problem also existed in AW, I just didn't take the time to ask fro a fix.

So, as I understand it, you can tell when you're hosting a game as all the circles that represented the other players get bigger and smaller during the game, if this is incorrect, then apologies, but I'm sure I was told this previously!

When this happens, others in my party will be fine connection wise, quite often they will comment on how good the connection feels. Sadly this isn't the same for me. I get loads of hit markers, assists that should have been kills and just the general feeling of shooting through people without they being hit and feeling slow and sluggish compared to my opponents.

I've checked my connection, it's fine as far as I can tell. I have a 40mb download speed and 10mb upload with a ping of around 20ms.

I normally set the geo filter to cover the uk, as before I had the NetDuma, I was exclusively playing against French/Spanish/German opponents.

I normally set the slider to 75% on each, with the algorithm on preemptive, but i did switch this to reactive last night and didn't see a difference.

I've read the guides available, and as far as I can tell, my connection should be better than it is, so any help appreciated!

I have not hosted a game on blops 3 but used to host 90% of games on MW3 and it was unplayable as host.

I think that the game introduces some sort of delay or adds latency to you due to the fact that in effect you have a ping of 0. This is toy try and even up the playing field.

This was most noticeable in the latter days of COD4 when players would keep backing out of a game till they got host as back then this delay or added latency was not added and the host had a great game.

Try changing your congestion control to a bit lower or lower your download bandwidth so that you are not selected as host. Or stick your home position on top of a dedicated server near you.

I am sure if I am totally wrong somebody will be along to put me in my place pretty quickly but that is my take on it.

Don't know how the rest of you feel, the only imo game treyarch has made that i didn't lag like a mofo was WAW, ever since that title its been shambolic connections, they changed the 

formula which was fair imo, you had low ping it played like low ping, you had high ping then expect to lag simple as, it just feels so artificial now in this power rangers game, sorry i mean

black ops 3. hosting or not hosting, this game for the money it has just generated is downright abysmal trying to play online, i fully expect not to win most battles head on cause time and 

time again you shoot first with the superior weapon in its range and you end up dying through artificial lag. the things we can do in the world and this is still an issue almost 2016. wow.

It is a toss up on what its like to host in any game for me sometimes its ace but if you have distant players with high pings it makes it difficult.

But with the duma....

On mw3 and bops2 with a 314km geo it is great to host as it then blocks players outside the geo from joining the game.

On bops 3 I have to have a wider geo making hosting sometimes a bit off, but most of the time its good to be host on bops3 for me.

I think blops3 might be particularly bad for hosts, the amount of host migrations I'm seeing is far more than normal, hosts are quitting a lot

It's also rate the game actually restarts after a host migration, maybe the gf is blocking the new host?

I would enable peer ping and see if there are high pinging players that may be hindering you. 

Have you prioritised your console as well?

I do check peer ping, but there's never anything that would overly concern me there.

My console has a static IP and I've allocated 40% to my ps4 in the device prioritisation part.

Anything else!?

So other than broken netcode, and just the game being rubbish, is there actually anything I can try to ease the problem??

Yup don't be host... :D

If your trying to avoid host just move your home location closer to a dedi bank and make sure it's in your GF,That should fix your "host" issue.

Archived