Daily experiences using the Netduma the good, the bad, and the ugly

Grafti

I have a 23 inch 144hz 1ms monitor and I love it. My 360 is hooked up to my 55 inch tv and I can def feel the difference. I drop so much faster in blops 2 on my tv than AW on the xbox one. I used to have the 360 on the monitor and I would drop fools on blops 2 but playing on the tv... yuck! lmao

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Samsung has 200-300ms input lag in game mode (mid 2011 model). Even smaller TV's comes with huge input lags, they all trying to make viewing experience better (as you said image processing).

Many PC monitor have this issue as well. Manufacturer says that this monitor has response time of 5ms, 10ms, 15ms or whatever, however if you test it with proper tools you can easily see input lag of 80-150ms

youd need to buy a stone old PC monitor to find one with 80-150

most modern ones, even the bureau desktop versions have less than 50

gaming monitors usually less than 25

mine has 14,3ms for example

definitely get a different TV or monitor, 200-300 is not playable

What TV/Monitor are you playing on ?

My 55 inch Samsung TV has at least 1 second HDMI input lag, on "game mode" is little bit better but still not great. I'am not able to play any FPS games on this TV with reasonable result even if my ping is like 15-30ms. Large TV is suitable for Skylanders but not for COD or BF.

Right now i'm using only 32 inch Toshiba TV (no input lag at all), 23 inch AOC monitor or Optoma projector.

Check your lag in your console main menu, whenever you press on d-pad you should get instant reaction on TV/Monitor, if not, ping is not your issue.

I'm using a 40" Samsung ES8000. I have it into PC mode because it's the mode with less input lag (I do not know how many exacly, but it has been improved with updates).

The best thing to prove that was with the Wii U game pad. In normal mode I can appreciate a significant delay betwen the screen on the Wii U game pad, and the tv scren, but this delay is practically unapreciable when I turn TV in PC mode

Still, Samsung TV's are No No for proper COD gaming.

You can complain on you ISP, Netduma router or whatever while the real issue is directly on the front of you.

Agreed. TVs can have "gaming" modes and say they have low ms but once a twitch game like COD is being played especially multiplayer the input lag is very much there. I would never go back to a TV playing COD unless I feel raging and blaming my connection. Not to mention I react quicker on my 24" gaming monitor. =)

I game on a 46 inch Sony 905 series, very little input lag - about 12ms I believe in game mode. Apparently the 805's are even quicker, with only 8ms. Cracking TVs too..

Back to the op - no, you're not alone! I've suffered worse lag than ever with the R1 when playing Advanced Warfare. I know it's not the duma though as I can see that my ping to host is good...in fact, the lower my ping seems to be, the worse the lag! I've recently been getting killed by enemies not even on my screen, that were supposedly right in front of me at the time!

There's many factors involved with CODs lag compensation, with your view of the game basically being rewound slightly being one of them. It gives the feel that you do have a bit of input lag just even controlling your character movements (you know when it feels like you're running in quicksand?). This is where I'm getting hammered too and I know it's not my TV as one game every now and again (1 in 20 I'd say) plays as it should - snappy, crisp and on point. Other than that, it's just being instakilled and opponents sponging bullets all day long!

I've had a great time on BO2 however with the Duma.

I'm gaming on a Samsung 5 ms monitor and i too am getting destroyed compared to a few week back think it's safe to say AW is having serious issues,I'm experiencing people not even being on my screen too but at the same time I've not come across anyone in a lobby who's really standing out as though it's as though everyone is suffering of course I could be wrong

I'm gaming on a Samsung 5 ms monitor and i too am getting destroyed compared to a few week back think it's safe to say AW is having serious issues,I'm experiencing people not even being on my screen too but at the same time I've not come across anyone in a lobby who's really standing out as though it's as though everyone is suffering of course I could be wrong

location?

i have easily left games with 70 kills in hc domination

Well that's a relief ! I thought I sucked at COD but can now blame my 50 inch Samsung ! Feel so much better now

i play on a 50" samsung as well!

I know everyone is correct about using a gaming monitor but I am firmly in the spread out of sofa stare at large screen when it comes to gaming 

i play on a 50" samsung as well!

I know everyone is correct about using a gaming monitor but I am firmly in the spread out of sofa stare at large screen when it comes to gaming 

Yeah comfy gaming rules, I can live with a bit of monitor lag

Making farther with the main topic...

This weekend I have played several games in lobbies wich my ping was under 30ms.... and they were totally unplayable!!! Lag, lag, lag. I was forced to leave all this lobbies.
Fed up with the situation, I decided to play in any lobby, and I get into a lobby wich ping was 120ms.
The result? 24-14 (such great for me). The game was not free of lag, but it was quite playable.
What the hell is going on here???

I find similar experences Grafti, i played Ghosts on my xbox one at the weekend when advanced warfare was having issues on PSN, it played incredible, completely Lag free, without blowing my own trumpet i dominated every game I joined :-) total contrast to the flaky connections i see in Advanced warfare on PS4 even when it shows i have a good ping. 

I find similar experences Grafti, i played Ghosts on my xbox one at the weekend when advanced warfare was having issues on PSN, it played incredible, completely Lag free, without blowing my own trumpet i dominated every game I joined :-) total contrast to the flaky connections i see in Advanced warfare on PS4 even when it shows i have a good ping.

Thanks Ian. I have my TV in the best mode I can afford (PC mode has less input lag than game mode ;)). But I am sure that I'm talking about lag because of the insta kills of enemies that just appear in front of me and (wtf!?) I'm dead before seeing him aiming, the delay time between my gun shots and the hitmakers, etc, etc. Not every game was such bad, but most of them, and what confuses me is feeling better in a high ping lobby than in a low ping one

Mate im with you on that one ,I put in ghosts and was beasting on 24/7strikezone I was dropping 70 kills minimum the connection was amazing,think it's safe to say AW is rather broke at the moment,also on xbox one

Glad to hear you say.that mate. It's not my imagination then, I don't even think it's skill based match making also, the game is just laggy On all systems.

I'm about 2kd on advanced warfare, this is down from.3.5 on black ops 2 and ghosts though.

Thank you two!!

Are you playing with the expasion DLCs?

Archived