Daily experiences using the Netduma the good, the bad, and the ugly

Grafti

I find similar experences Grafti, i played Ghosts on my xbox one at the weekend when advanced warfare was having issues on PSN, it played incredible, completely Lag free, without blowing my own trumpet i dominated every game I joined :-) total contrast to the flaky connections i see in Advanced warfare on PS4 even when it shows i have a good ping. 

Mate im with you on that one ,I put in ghosts and was beasting on 24/7strikezone I was dropping 70 kills minimum the connection was amazing,think it's safe to say AW is rather broke at the moment,also on xbox one

Tahnk you both!

I'm playing on PS network. Do you have the DLCs expansion maps on Ghosts?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma_Iain

No problem for repeats Grafti,

I'm not even going to go down that road I'm afraid. Its pretty much a universal truth that low ping means good game. The problem is there are many other variables involved including: the opponents skill level, your mood at the current time, your luck with the spawns , team-mates skill level,  game mechanics etc. But I assure you if you do a scientific study that is completely empirical it will conclusive prove that low ping means good gameplay.

I need to put this in a delicate way, firstly I'm a hardcore gamer myself so I completely understand where you're coming from and I've been prone to rage quitting in my time lol. But honestly I think if you watch the video back in an objective manner you'll probably realise that it was a fair game.

The best I can do is give the example in our first demo video of the geo-filter: http://youtu.be/mVuDpwRSOug?t=1m7s

That is a very low ping lobby. You'll notice when I shoot people the registration is on point BUT also notice my first death. The guy clearly kills me round a wall. We didn't redo the video because we want to be authentic. Does he shoot me round a wall? Absolutely. Is it unfair? nope, not one bit. Look at his positioning it was great, he saw me and had a large opportunity to kill me. Unless he's a total bad kid he will kill me. So what's happened there is he did shoot me before I went round the wall it just took a while for me to be notified because he had a high ping. 

I wouldn't focus too much on kill cams or death screens because they make things look worse then they are. You're seeing it from the opponents connection point of view not your connections point of view if that makes sense.

Anyway I've spent too much time commenting on game play already, I really do need to enforce the policy on diagnosing ping only. That is all a router can do is optimise your connection to minimise your ping. That in turn will give you much better games.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Grafti I'm sure you checked but you're on wired as well right? Because wifi can make you lag even if the ping graph is low. 

Tahnk you both!

I'm playing on PS network. Do you have the DLCs expansion maps on Ghosts?

Yes I have the dlc for ghosts,gotta be AW mate simple,i thought the same as you with the connection but appears we arnt the only one suffering,the best thing I can do when having a bad time on a game because it can come down to our own skill sometimes is to put the game down for a week,I tried playing AW last night and was still bad so I'm staying clear til the wknd

Grafti I'm sure you checked but you're on wired as well right? Because wifi can make you lag even if the ping graph is low. 

Yes Sir, I'm wired.

I have look the video. Ian, I can assure that this is not what is happening to me :(. I will continue testing as well

South of France isn't too far lol, glad you had a good game though.

Couldn't believe the difference in game play from them both,was pinging around 30 ms to the france host aswell,a ping on AW at 30 ms is horrible for me AW really is messed up at the minute,compared to when I got the duma 1week before Xmas,that week was the best week of cod I've ever experienced

Guest Netduma_Iain

yeah xbl & psn have been having issues recently. But the solution is simple though mate if there is a host you connect that you don't like either deny it or move your home to avoid it, you have the control my man :)

oh dear sorry Black Ops I'm sure you'll smash them tomorrow 

Ian...

You have the patience of a saint. Always hearing us complaining again and again, but you're still there giving support.

I only would like to say that I really appreciate your patience and your dedication to be always looking for new ways to improve the netduma.

This can not be found in every community.

Thank you man

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks Grafti that's very kind of you and very much appreciated :) 

I think the message that I've failed to communicate is that the duma gives you the tools to control lag or at least diagnose it(sometimes its your ISP thats what the Internet Diagnosis if for).  For most players just setting your home and distance will suffice. But if you really want to be hardcore you can play with it a bit more: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_advanced

Just played some games on xbox one AW and I can't understand what grafti means when he says that games with 120 ms feel better.... I had almost all the time a good connection (30 ms) and most of the time I was on a dedi server so I must say that the game on those servers feels really smooth.

All in all I must say i had not much problems with the netduma and when I had them Iain helped me!

• 4 weeks later...

Impossible... It's impossible at all lights to have any miserable good game!!

I am so frustrated. I don't know what else should I do to have a free lag game! I can assure you that  what I suffer is LAG!!
It's been sooooo long since I don't have any positive game. I'm tired of beeing always the last monkey in lobbies below 40ms ping. I am feeling even worse than before having Netduma. Is destiny who deserves I will never be able to have a free lag game in CoD series??? Mi ISP ping is always bellow 25ms, and when I search for games, I do it in strict mode and all your recomendations about monitor, wired, and other themes, but it is totaly impossible to have a good experience like this one:

When I see an enemy, my only chance to kill him is hopping he has not seen me yet, because if he did, I'm dead.

Is there any way you can check my network to verify what's so wrong?.
My k/d ratio in last gaes has been this: 0,50, 0,22, 1,09, 0,31, 0,80 without counting all the games I was forced to leave beacause the rage of lag. Please, help me :( It is sad saying that since I own a Netduma I have not feel getting better at all, but I want to give you a chance, I know that something must be really wrong

Guest Netduma Fraser

Impossible... It's impossible at all lights to have any miserable good game!!

I am so frustrated. I don't know what else should I do to have a free lag game! I can assure you that  what I suffer is LAG!!
It's been sooooo long since I don't have any positive game. I'm tired of beeing always the last monkey in lobbies below 40ms ping. I am feeling even worse than before having Netduma. Is destiny who deserves I will never be able to have a free lag game in CoD series??? Mi ISP ping is always bellow 25ms, and when I search for games, I do it in strict mode and all your recomendations about monitor, wired, and other themes, but it is totaly impossible to have a good experience like this one:

When I see an enemy, my only chance to kill him is hopping he has not seen me yet, because if he did, I'm dead.

Is there any way you can check my network to verify what's so wrong?.
My k/d ratio in last gaes has been this: 0,50, 0,22, 1,09, 0,31, 0,80 without counting all the games I was forced to leave beacause the rage of lag. Please, help me :( It is sad saying that since I own a Netduma I have not feel getting better at all, but I want to give you a chance, I know that something must be really wrong

Sorry to hear that Grafti. Here are some links that will help you make the most out of the Geo-filter to get the best games possible. 

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_advanced

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_am_i_getting_booted_from_the_lobby_game

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=cc_settings

These should provide you with enough info to avoid the hosts youre gettin :)

Archived