Bye bye R3

What Ive also noticed being on the .41 firmware ever since splitting wifi bands, it has dramatically improved my cpu spikes. Im not sure if anybody has already posted something like that on here. But yea I can see potential in this beast of a router, its still growing. lol! 

8 hours ago, MarkonikovBR said:

This Asus isn't going to tank the cake (with the Asusmerlin) with yours speeds... at most it will take up half of your bandwidth... it's very pretty on the outside, but it has a processor that's pretty average ... 

It would be better to buy a mini-PC and run openwrt... but it's that thing, very complicated to work with openwrt...

Openwrt complicated? It's no more complicated than learning the r3. Just gotta know what you're doing and understand the gui for their software lol. 

same here. router from the supplier for 45 euros. gives better results than r3. I feel cheated because something else is written in the description of r3.

13 hours ago, MarkonikovBR said:

This Asus isn't going to tank the cake (with the Asusmerlin) with yours speeds... at most it will take up half of your bandwidth... it's very pretty on the outside, but it has a processor that's pretty average ... 

It would be better to buy a mini-PC and run openwrt... but it's that thing, very complicated to work with openwrt...

This isn’t true LOL. I bought a new Asus router GT-BE98 Pro. I get 2.2 gbps from my 2 gig connection. Yes, there are some issues with the firmware, but every core feature does work. I’m posting a message on Trustpilot regarding Netduma. Fraser does a great job, but the lack of transparency coupled with all the problems is a big problem for me. No official comment for Netduma, there isn’t a way to submit a ticket etc. Everyone that isn’t happy should put a review on Trustpilot and the Better Business Bureau.

the should releases fixes incrementally like other companies. But it appears that they cannot manage that.

14 hours ago, LuisAponte said:

I don’t need crazy speeds I just need reliable WiFi and consistent speeds at all times which so far the ASUS is doing better than the R3… the R3 for me had no WiFi coverage at all unless I was near it and never had consistent internet at all would need to restart every other day just to get good speeds and I kept losing internet connection to my ps5 on random days since day one 

I quickly returned the R3 ,It`s a shame as they have good software when t work , I went back to my Asus Rt-Ax6000 and like you everything just work , you can`t go wrong with the one you have got , it`s similar to the 6000 under the hood ....good luck and also remember to use the gaming open ports section which will open your ports to games ,great feature      

13 hours ago, Chris J said:

This isn’t true LOL. I bought a new Asus router GT-BE98 Pro. I get 2.2 gbps from my 2 gig connection. Yes, there are some issues with the firmware, but every core feature does work. I’m posting a message on Trustpilot regarding Netduma. Fraser does a great job, but the lack of transparency coupled with all the problems is a big problem for me. No official comment for Netduma, there isn’t a way to submit a ticket etc. Everyone that isn’t happy should put a review on Trustpilot and the Better Business Bureau.

the should releases fixes incrementally like other companies. But it appears that they cannot manage that.

Bandwidth doesn't equal better games. Also no ps or Xbox servers will let you break 1gbps btw.

3 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Some extremely ungrateful members in this forum. the R3 does its job.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CuteSpoopyEagleChocolateRain-Dnxo_nIk8rb5QW5p

Have patience!!! Why would you want a rushed firmware thats not ready? You guys are complaining, you think rushing them is going to make your gaming experience better?

Yes it has a couple hiccups but all pc components / consoles and software do too, why they are always updating firmware, software, and drivers... have patience

I will write again, a regular router for $40 has better results. for a speed test than the super overrated r3. the new r3 is waiting in the box and I still play on the supplier's router because it is better. didn't you understand something?

1 hour ago, Sgt-Greco said:

Below is a screenshot from the official web page advertising R3s features. Here is the link for you.

Νame one brand, ONLY ONE,  advertising unavailable to the customers features.

Calling "ungrateful members" people with  justified complaints is lame.

vpn.thumb.png.ea4a9bdfcbf9be7313bdabb8a5ce5e2f.png

Thr guy is a clown man should see his comments I read the forum everyday, in hopes of news of this thing actually working without hard resetting twice a day the stuff that he comes out with, #1 netduma brown noser.

On 4/7/2024 at 8:15 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

Some extremely ungrateful members in this forum. the R3 does its job.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CuteSpoopyEagleChocolateRain-Dnxo_nIk8rb5QW5p

Have patience!!! Why would you want a rushed firmware thats not ready? You guys are complaining, you think rushing them is going to make your gaming experience better?

Yes it has a couple hiccups but all pc components / consoles and software do too, why they are always updating firmware, software, and drivers... have patience

Almost 5 months since released. That is too long to have "patience" on issues which should have been resolved before it was even released. They shouldnt need to be fixing so many issues after release!

Been lurking here for a bit every now and then for a firmware update, just to let you guys at DumaOS this is borderline fraud. You should put a well detailed disclaimer somewhere visible on your main page that this is a Alpha/Beta product and all features may or may not function correctly. I've ordered another router and ill box this up and check back next year and to the people that are saying "bro lol just wait more its a small team they will fix it" I just don't understand you.

Peace All!   

It is interesting to read these last two posts, because I just yesterday disconnected my R3.  I am using a different router now and will continue to check back on these forum posts because I am a part of this club and I paid my $200 entry fee to join this club and I have my router shaped paperweight as proof that I am a part of this club!  I live in the US and it wouldn't be worth my time to try to get a refund.  I think the r in R3 stands for Regret.  I am Rand0 and I am a member of the regret club!  Keep smiling lads 😁

I turned off the WiFi completely on my R3 and added some TP-Link Deco XE75 Pro's in AP mode with ethernet backhaul to solve the issue with my WiFi dropping out constantly.  Wired has been pretty stable 99.9% of the time so no real complaints there.  Using the Deco's in AP mode allows be to have fantastic WiFi that doesn't drop out and still have the benefits of DumaOS for gaming.

After a weekend with the ASUS this thing is a beast at least in my testing those speeds are over WiFi and the coverage is amazing… cod of duty at least on rebirth island with crossplay off been real smooth as well under 15 latency 90% of the time 

IMG_0630.jpeg

IMG_0631.jpeg

IMG_0639.jpeg

1 hour ago, steelcity403 said:

I turned off the WiFi completely on my R3 and added some TP-Link Deco XE75 Pro's in AP mode with ethernet backhaul to solve the issue with my WiFi dropping out constantly.  Wired has been pretty stable 99.9% of the time so no real complaints there.  Using the Deco's in AP mode allows be to have fantastic WiFi that doesn't drop out and still have the benefits of DumaOS for gaming.

That’s exactly what I did, I turned WiFi off completely on the netduma r3 and have a WiFi 7 router as my access point.

Not a shill or plant, just offering my 2¢...and some positivity if you will. I'm on 4.0.41 and aside from a few random drops, the R3 is working just fine for me 🤷‍♂️. Haven't gone crazy with settings, just basic stuff. 

15 hours ago, steelcity403 said:

This was my setup for a bit but with the issues with geo-filter, ping stabilizer and optimizer, plus no vpn, I had to set my UDM Pro back up with my Deco's. I will hook the R3 back up when it is stable, I don't have the time or energy to mess with it especially with the gf saying how much faster accessing work sites is via the UDM Pro versus the R3. TP Link killed it with the AP game.

40 minutes ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

This was my setup for a bit but with the issues with geo-filter, ping stabilizer and optimizer, plus no vpn, I had to set my UDM Pro back up with my Deco's. I will hook the R3 back up when it is stable, I don't have the time or energy to mess with it especially with the gf saying how much faster accessing work sites is via the UDM Pro versus the R3. TP Link killed it with the AP game.

I haven't had any issues with geofilter or ping stabilizer.  Optimizer on the other hand is a hot mess.  Took me about thirty tried to get it to work the first time and haven't really messed with it since.  My Wi-Fi was very very weak and constantly dropping out.  All my smart home devices were always randomly disconnecting.  My work laptop as well.  I had to do something.  To be fair my Wi-Fi has never been great in any router I've had because I live in an area with a ton of other networks jammed into the same area so the AP's were probably needed anyway.  However, in comparison to the other routers I've had the Wi-Fi on the R3 is exceptionally bad.  

1 hour ago, steelcity403 said:

I haven't had any issues with geofilter or ping stabilizer.  Optimizer on the other hand is a hot mess.  Took me about thirty tried to get it to work the first time and haven't really messed with it since.  My Wi-Fi was very very weak and constantly dropping out.  All my smart home devices were always randomly disconnecting.  My work laptop as well.  I had to do something.  To be fair my Wi-Fi has never been great in any router I've had because I live in an area with a ton of other networks jammed into the same area so the AP's were probably needed anyway.  However, in comparison to the other routers I've had the Wi-Fi on the R3 is exceptionally bad.  

I might play around with it this weekend a little bit but I was constantly getting bad hit detection in games or not finding them at all. Ping assist was broken af for me on geofilter and ping optimizer was super busted as well as the ping stabilizer, though that could be due to already having a very stable fiber connection. Overall it was just the fact that all the features I use are simple set and forget on my firewall, after working all day on networks, I do not want to troubleshoot my own shit for an hour every other night after work lol.

Nah bruh for real tho where’s that update at? Timeframe? Oh dont know or dont want to comit? Otherwise tells us expected date if delayed why? Keep us updated maybe or i guess thats too hard to do too… sorry looks like just a rant coz it is 😂 frazer prob gonna close this thread soon 🤦🏻

22 hours ago, rvndo said:

It is interesting to read these last two posts, because I just yesterday disconnected my R3.  I am using a different router now and will continue to check back on these forum posts because I am a part of this club and I paid my $200 entry fee to join this club and I have my router shaped paperweight as proof that I am a part of this club!  I live in the US and it wouldn't be worth my time to try to get a refund.  I think the r in R3 stands for Regret.  I am Rand0 and I am a member of the regret club!  Keep smiling lads 😁

U aint the only one who joined this club. I should have learned with r2 membership 🤷🏻🤦🏻😂

1 hour ago, BadLuckTom said:

U aint the only one who joined this club. I should have learned with r2 membership 🤷🏻🤦🏻😂

Yes you should have.... Do they think that this is some kindof kickstarer campaign or something?  They sell a full priced product that they advertise as being a finished product and then when the features don't work, they say, "just turn that feature off it is negatively impacting this other feature and turn the other feature off as well and turn off the wifi because it is also not working and stop reporting problems in the support forum because there are too many of them right now......