Bye bye R3

As far as I've followed the topics and the answer given by the admins and even after few updates the problems are still there I strongly believe there is a hardware issue which they are trying to fix with software 

Asus gaming routers works fine but netduma hit detection feels better to me. The average gamer couldn’t tell a difference between a asus gaming router and a netduma router

That asus router has better hardware than the netduma r3

1 hour ago, Zippy said:

I hope you did your home work on that router..

Zippy.

So far so good internet speeds are good and stable no internet drop off like the R3 and WiFi is crazy good hopefully stays working like this 

56 minutes ago, swippur said:

Asus gaming routers works fine but netduma hit detection feels better to me. The average gamer couldn’t tell a difference between a asus gaming router and a netduma router

That asus router has better hardware than the netduma r3

Yeah I can’t tell a difference so far new router working great tho… the R3 kept losing internet connection and WiFi was poopy in my house at least 

14 hours ago, LuisAponte said:

Got tired of waiting for a fix on the R3.When it works it’s amazing but that’s once in a blue moon so decided to sell it to my buddy and let him deal with all the headaches lol…. New router hopefully this one is good 

IMG_3571.jpeg

this is a post for people who purchased the R3.  I am on of those people.  I however will give away the R3 (to the garbage can) when I get rid of it.  So please continue to support us by giving as much follow up information so we can make informed decisions on how to proceed.  They have already taken my money and I like to joke around about how to get rid of the 3 routers I have that use duma os because I could never sell them to someone else in the condition that they are in.  So I hope to see this r3 get fixed but I also have to make realistic plans going forward.

Keep up the updates on that r3 replacement possibility as a service to this community!

Router definitely hit or miss on days one day ill be getting called a cheater other days "what happened your subsciption to your mods expired?' lmao! Its frustrating, a fix should be one thing at a time not 1 BIG list of fixes! Just want consistency thats all.. Rebooting everything 2-3 hours like the routers needs a refresh just to run smoothly for gaming..

4 hours ago, idvizual said:

Router definitely hit or miss on days one day ill be getting called a cheater other days "what happened your subsciption to your mods expired?' lmao! Its frustrating, a fix should be one thing at a time not 1 BIG list of fixes! Just want consistency thats all.. Rebooting everything 2-3 hours like the routers needs a refresh just to run smoothly for gaming..

You have to understand when making fixes or debugging code, fixing one thing can break another if it has dependencies. They know there's a lot to do and I know they're working hard on it. Honestly if you're that unhappy, I get it, but don't short change yourself and just throw it away when it could be great eventually. I understand completely needing stable net as I have many backup routers to use if I need to, but I'm not gonna throw my R3 away or sell it as I feel it'll be a great device once some issues are sorted out.

19 minutes ago, Proud R3 Owner said:

You have to understand when making fixes or debugging code, fixing one thing can break another if it has dependencies. They know there's a lot to do and I know they're working hard on it. Honestly if you're that unhappy, I get it, but don't short change yourself and just throw it away when it could be great eventually. I understand completely needing stable net as I have many backup routers to use if I need to, but I'm not gonna throw my R3 away or sell it as I feel it'll be a great device once some issues are sorted out.

To each their own but I had the R3 since late January hasn’t work to my liking since day one 3 months in still no fix what they need a half a year to fix they router 🤔 nah I that’s unacceptable to so I just sold it and moved on 🤷🏽‍♂️…. Hope eventually they fix everything and you guys enjoy it but for $200 I need something that work all the time not every other day 

20 hours ago, LuisAponte said:

Got tired of waiting for a fix on the R3.When it works it’s amazing but that’s once in a blue moon so decided to sell it to my buddy and let him deal with all the headaches lol…. New router hopefully this one is good 

IMG_3571.jpeg

🙄

I don't know why you have so much difficulty in a perfect configuration for the R3 Before that, I used this Asus AC86u and it was difficult to find a good configuration for detecting hits in Warzone. However, with the R3 I quickly found hit detection in Warzone and glaring for the Asus At least from my experience with routers and online games over 10 years R3 was the only one that solved my problemIMG_20240403_183523281.thumb.jpg.a7f7c0971acb721eda5d30e4d6e42089.jpg

I want to leave a comment I have Vivo Fiber 200 Download and 100 PPPOE Upload I use DNS (P) 1.1.1.1(S) 1.0.0.1 MTU 1492 IPV6 VLAN Disabled in the speed test option I leave 100 Download and 100 Upload I do this to always get an A+ And in Ping Optimizer I leave download and upload in expert mode at 50% I have A+ in waveform bufferbloat Steady ping enabled simple mode DMZ on xbox upnp enabled SMARTboost Gaming simple mode only My latency in warzone is around 15ms to 10 ms And I have a great experience of quality and performance in warzone I always get about 14 kills per match in resurgence

I personally have my R3 in a DMZ off my tp-link archer ax11000 just for the homeshield IPS. I have ip6 and STP disabled. I have Cox gigablast service which is 1Gb down and (cringe) 35Mb up. I set my speed manually to 800/30 and set CC to 80/70. I get A+ on waveform consistently and for the most part we can do anything we want on the network simultaneously with nothing being affected, including large downloads, video calls, gaming, etc. Yes there are some issues but I'm happy with my purchase. I knew going in the WiFi wouldn't be strong enough for my house and yard so I have 2 ax11000 routers in AP mode for that. When the firmware is fixed with minimal issues, I'll do more with it but that's not saying I'm unhappy with the R3, I still think it's a great piece of tech and it'll only get better.

22 hours ago, LuisAponte said:

You should at this point I don’t even think it’s completely fixable and honestly they taking way to long to put out a fix for poopy that’s been a problem since day one

What was the problem on the first day that they didn't fix? here it works fine ...

5 hours ago, Jairo said:

I want to leave a comment I have Vivo Fiber 200 Download and 100 PPPOE Upload I use DNS (P) 1.1.1.1(S) 1.0.0.1 MTU 1492 IPV6 VLAN Disabled in the speed test option I leave 100 Download and 100 Upload I do this to always get an A+ And in Ping Optimizer I leave download and upload in expert mode at 50% I have A+ in waveform bufferbloat Steady ping enabled simple mode DMZ on xbox upnp enabled SMARTboost Gaming simple mode only My latency in warzone is around 15ms to 10 ms And I have a great experience of quality and performance in warzone I always get about 14 kills per match in resurgence

isso ae meu amigo brasileiro kkkkkkk

5 hours ago, gangrel said:

🙄

This Asus isn't going to tank the cake (with the Asusmerlin) with yours speeds... at most it will take up half of your bandwidth... it's very pretty on the outside, but it has a processor that's pretty average ... 

It would be better to buy a mini-PC and run openwrt... but it's that thing, very complicated to work with openwrt...

27 minutes ago, MarkonikovBR said:

What was the problem on the first day that they didn't fix? here it works fine ...

I got mine up and running before Christmas and I've had minimal issues since *.41 FW. I'll admit I went back to my previous setup for a while and put my R3 on the shelf as the Internet kept dropping from the LAN ports. But seriously for the most part I haven't had a ton of trouble since .41

23 minutes ago, MarkonikovBR said:

This Asus isn't going to tank the cake (with the Asusmerlin) with yours speeds... at most it will take up half of your bandwidth... it's very pretty on the outside, but it has a processor that's pretty average ... 

It would be better to buy a mini-PC and run openwrt... but it's that thing, very complicated to work with openwrt...

I don’t need crazy speeds I just need reliable WiFi and consistent speeds at all times which so far the ASUS is doing better than the R3… the R3 for me had no WiFi coverage at all unless I was near it and never had consistent internet at all would need to restart every other day just to get good speeds and I kept losing internet connection to my ps5 on random days since day one 

13 minutes ago, Proud R3 Owner said:

I got mine up and running before Christmas and I've had minimal issues since *.41 FW. I'll admit I went back to my previous setup for a while and put my R3 on the shelf as the Internet kept dropping from the LAN ports. But seriously for the most part I haven't had a ton of trouble since .41

Man I wish it worked fine for me because when it did work it was amazing for warzone unfortunately the WiFi was horrible in my household and the Ethernet connection kept dropping even after the update