Bye bye R3

5 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

I might play around with it this weekend a little bit but I was constantly getting bad hit detection in games or not finding them at all. Ping assist was broken af for me on geofilter and ping optimizer was super busted as well as the ping stabilizer, though that could be due to already having a very stable fiber connection. Overall it was just the fact that all the features I use are simple set and forget on my firewall, after working all day on networks, I do not want to troubleshoot my own poopy for an hour every other night after work lol.

I'm not sure what game you play but COD's servers have been a disaster since the new season came out.  Loooooong queue times (which I'm sure are compounded for me by denying servers in 75% of the country), stuttering, servers crashing in the middle of games, etc.  They definitely f**ked something up with the update like they always do.

I've had the Deco's setup for about 5 days now and haven't had any major issues.  I'm not doing anything crazy on my network but I do hammer it with traffic.  I average about 35gb per day.

I am on. 41 if that makes a difference.

19 hours ago, zuhloobie said:

Not a shill or plant, just offering my 2¢...and some positivity if you will. I'm on 4.0.41 and aside from a few random drops, the R3 is working just fine for me 🤷‍♂️. Haven't gone crazy with settings, just basic stuff. 

Same here.. the random drop like once a day is the only issue I have so far. Lots of people here are saying the netduma r3 is paperweight.

I love my r3 but I’m not going to lie that something is seriously wrong with it and the hit detections. Some days I get decent hit detection then others just plain poopy. The last weeks or so it’s been so dog poopy I’m losing the most unrealistic gun battles to the point I thought it was just my internet itself  but I just switched back to my Asus gt ax11000 pro and I’m getting hit detection I could only dream about.

4 hours ago, x12Tyler said:

I love my r3 but I’m not going to lie that something is seriously wrong with it and the hit detections. Some days I get decent hit detection then others just plain poopy. The last weeks or so it’s been so dog poopy I’m losing the most unrealistic gun battles to the point I thought it was just my internet itself  but I just switched back to my Asus gt ax11000 pro and I’m getting hit detection I could only dream about.

Do you play on WiFi or Ethernet

7 hours ago, x12Tyler said:

I had what may be a similar situation.  I was getting such bad hit detection with the R3 so I disconnected and set my xr1000 back up.  I used it for playing MW3 multiplayer and the first few games were so good.  Then just as quickly as things got better they got worse again and it was back to the same ol thing.  I am wondering if that was also your experience?

Bear with me for a minute.  Is it possible that what people are calling SBMM is actually something far more simple and far more sinister?  Think call of duty as a very simple equation (though its a bit more complex)

(x-l) + (y-l) = z

x is your input, y is your opponents input, l is latency and z is the outcome

I ran a test.  I am a multiple input player.  I sometimes use a ps5 scuff controller and sometimes use an xbox elite v2 controller and sometimes I run mouse and keyboard.  I played 3 different game sessions each on one of these inputs.  The results were so similar that it was staggering.  I had previously run multiple tests in the custom lobby.  Those tests were the same result every time.  Kill confirmed in shoothouse against bots.  Myself and 5 bots vs 6 other bots (each test the bots were on the same difficulty friendly/enemy)  every game did well, the next match Call of duty increased my latency in the following match.  I have a 30 ping server nearby but never get that latency... instead I go from 60-70 all the way up to 100-120

So..... I decided to test this in actual multiplayer as well.  Same result, but with some twists.

I played the 3 sessions as mentioned before, each session was 7 kill confirmed matches.  when I added the latency of all 7 matches and divided by seven..... you guessed it, one day on an xbox controller the average latency over a 7 game session was 82.57  the next day on a ps5 controller it was average over 7 games 82.71  That is far too similar to be a coincidence..... Right?!

on keyboard and mouse it was similar but not exact.  I had average 71.29 latency over 7 games

my kd for xbox controller was 1.60 for 7 games and for ps5 controller it was 1.32 and on KBM it was 1.44

What do I think all of this means?  I think that it means that call of duty is an algorithm as a whole.  It seeks to keep everything in balance.  I have never seen anyone get a nuke in my match.  I think the game changes latency and hit detection and damage dealt and damage received for  each player to keep everyone at their preassigned KD and score per min and that balance keeps as many people playing as possible.

I think that maybe everyone has this same experience and it is by design.  Why do I mention this?  Because most people in here are here because Net Duma promised to change that, and it can't, or at least still hasn't.  The Call of Duty algorithm is bigger and more well funded that duma will ever be.....  weather we spend the time playing Call of Duty or in this forum talking about how broken it is and how this router doesn't do what is advertised.... maybe its all just a waste of time.

Please let me know if you your hit detection stayed the same over the long term with the different router.  I'm guessing that it was just the same bump you would get if you reset your R3... first game or two the COD algorithm was figuring out your connection and optimizing its latency cocktail to keep you at your predetermined skill.....

59 minutes ago, rvndo said:

I had what may be a similar situation.  I was getting such bad hit detection with the R3 so I disconnected and set my xr1000 back up.  I used it for playing MW3 multiplayer and the first few games were so good.  Then just as quickly as things got better they got worse again and it was back to the same ol thing.  I am wondering if that was also your experience?

Bear with me for a minute.  Is it possible that what people are calling SBMM is actually something far more simple and far more sinister?  Think call of duty as a very simple equation (though its a bit more complex)

(x-l) + (y-l) = z

I ran a test.  I am a multiple input player.  I sometimes use a ps5 scuff controller and sometimes use an xbox elite v2 controller and sometimes I run mouse and keyboard.  I played 3 different game sessions each on one of these inputs.  The results were so similar that it was staggering.  I had previously run multiple tests in the custom lobby.  Those tests were the same result every time.  Kill confirmed in shoothouse against bots.  Myself and 5 bots vs 6 other bots (each test the bots were on the same difficulty friendly/enemy)  every game did well, the next match Call of duty increased my latency in the following match.  I have a 30 ping server nearby but never get that latency... instead I go from 60-70 all the way up to 100-120

So..... I decided to test this in actual multiplayer as well.  Same result, but with some twists.

I played the 3 sessions as mentioned before, each session was 7 kill confirmed matches.  when I added the latency of all 7 matches and divided by seven..... you guessed it, one day on an xbox controller the average latency over a 7 game session was 82.57  the next day on a ps5 controller it was average over 7 games 82.71  That is far too similar to be a coincidence..... Right?!

on keyboard and mouse it was similar but not exact.  I had average 71.29 latency over 7 games

my kd for xbox controller was 1.60 for 7 games and for ps5 controller it was 1.32 and on KBM it was 1.44

What do I think all of this means?  I think that it means that call of duty is an algorithm as a whole.  It seeks to keep everything in balance.  I have never seen anyone get a nuke in my match.  I think the game changes latency and hit detection and damage dealt and damage received for  each player to keep everyone at their preassigned KD and score per min and that balance keeps as many people playing as possible.

I think that maybe everyone has this same experience and it is by design.  Why do I mention this?  Because most people in here are here because Net Duma promised to change that, and it can't, or at least still hasn't.  The Call of Duty algorithm is bigger and more well funded that duma will ever be.....  weather we spend the time playing Call of Duty or in this forum talking about how broken it is and how this router doesn't do what is advertised.... maybe its all just a waste of time.

Please let me know if you your hit detection stayed the same over the long term with the different router.  I'm guessing that it was just the same bump you would get if you reset your R3... first game or two the COD algorithm was figuring out your connection and optimizing its latency cocktail to keep you at your predetermined skill.....

Theres a close to full ish explanation on cods sbmm on their blog btw if u want to understand more about it. Btw my problem is geo filtering works when it feels like 🤷🏻🤦🏻😂 actually whole router works when it feels like. 

1 hour ago, rvndo said:

(x-l) + (y-l) = z

This is a thing now with newer cods. Based on your performance for your last few games you will get nerfed / buffed depending on how well or bad you played. They call it EOMM.. it’s a few YouTubers that talked about this. Some games your hit reg will be spot on, other games you will shoot nerf bullets. It will be nice if you can test this with a VPN. I’m not sure if it works or not but competitive players play on a VPN called SBMM off.

@swippurG your playing a game that is rigged to hell and complaining is just hilarious on it own plus it has the most cheaters in history. Maybe only game that it can’t beat would be TF2 when it comes to cheater count.

image.jpeg.3286aead3d83b28c079c8d47adff600b.jpeg

1 hour ago, BadLuckTom said:

Theres a close to full ish explanation on cods sbmm on their blog btw if u want to understand more about it. Btw my problem is geo filtering works when it feels like 🤷🏻🤦🏻😂 actually whole router works when it feels like. 

Thank you!  I hadn't read this "white paper", doesn't seem very inclusive dose it?  It was very informative.  I will now run some tests with a more open ended search criterion in my quick search and see if it lowers my delta ping.  Thanks again

10 hours ago, swippur said:

Do you play on WiFi or Ethernet

If you have to ask that you’re not a gamer I play on a 5k pc Ethernet cables of course 

7 hours ago, rvndo said:

(x-l) + (y-l) = z

Not gonna lie after a few games it went right back to not so good so idk. And @DARKNESSi know cheaters are running wild atm I’m only diamond 2 in resurgence ranked and my son is plat 3 and we half our lobbies are crim and iri players usually and most are cheating from what I saw last night especially. We did get a win against a team of the #3,4,7 top 250’s though so it ain’t like we are bad and call everyone cheaters but it’s to a point there is quiet a lot of them at these ranks so joke, almost every crim and iri I’ve seen are literally chasing people down with absolutely no knowledge at all with some of the hardest aimbot chest lock you’ve ever seen. And just for reference we tuned into warz stream if you want to check out someone I think is cheating as well he was the number 3 top 250 we beat and watched about 3 games they at least call in a bunch of uavs but (could have been his stream) glitching constantly he was on a 90 ping basically locking on to people across the map or at least shooting at every single person wether it was 20 or 150 meters away knocking some from that distance with better hit detection then I get on my 13-15 ping so idk

@x12TylerYour not understanding my friend the game uses data to manipulate players so there ain't nothing else to it. I am top of the crop when it comes to cod 2-3KD but I retired after the MW franchise got added as the mechanics that were implemented were so obviously implemented to make you split your hairs jumping from corner to corner to then having your guns do less damage based on your performance per game. Why else do you think Pro League Players are disappearing one by one? Cod has changed it style to battlefield style which isn't cod no ones out here trying to play boot fest camp ground games. Why else you think battlefield 1 sold one year as it was innovative and cool but after that the upcoming games all died off? well not only cause of LGBT nonsense but regardless different topic. Not all cheaters are equal there are those that are brain dead and take any advantage they can and then there those that are professionals and use them discretely for profit purposes. Cod is filled with brain dead ones for the most part so you could say that positive 😂

2 hours ago, x12Tyler said:

If you have to ask that you’re not a gamer I play on a 5k pc Ethernet cables of course 

You’ll be surprised how many gamers play on WiFi here and complain of connection drops. 

8 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@swippurG your playing a game that is rigged to hell and complaining is just hilarious on it own plus it has the most cheaters in history. Maybe only game that it can’t beat would be TF2 when it comes to cheater count.

image.jpeg.3286aead3d83b28c079c8d47adff600b.jpeg

It’s definitely rigged now that’s a fact.. the algorithm that COD has now decides who’s going to win the game.

But COD seems to have buffed their cheat detection recently. Also With AI getting more and more sophisticated cheaters are getting much easier to make

@swippurAI is the ultimate downfall of humanity so eventually it'll be an AI war with propaganda and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between what's real and fake as it becoming indistinguishable. As for cheats yeah that going to be one of the biggest problems however the same way AI is used it can also be used to collect data and know how the average or even top tier individuals plays so they can try and hide it as for as long as they can but they'll be point were it should be easy to distinguish and that'll be the end for cheats. It just a matter of time whether this poor companies actually start implementing such methods as there so poor that they can't afford such tech 😂.

2 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@swippurAI is the ultimate downfall of humanity so eventually it'll be an AI war with propaganda and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between what's real and fake as it becoming indistinguishable. As for cheats yeah that going to be one of the biggest problems however the same way AI is used it can also be used to collect data and know how the average or even top tier individuals plays so they can try and hide it as for as long as they can but they'll be point were it should be easy to distinguish and that'll be the end for cheats. It just a matter of time whether this poor companies actually start implementing such methods as there so poor that they can't afford such tech 😂.

Not really a subject for this thread but EOMM and SBMM was created cause a weaker society decided little Timmy and Billy deserved a trophy for just showing up.

The whole losing your gun fight because of connection or blaming your router not working properly and not cause your just bad at the game... well If your router is set up correctly the only time your gaming experience will change is cause of the tick rate of the cod servers being so low and the server your on is over saturated (COD is only at 20 when every other online game is 30 to 128). If you lock your geo filter down to specific servers only you can avoid a ton of those bad gun fights. People complained about this in older cods that used P2P for MP and now you revenge spawn in MP, proxy mines and motor strikes stronger for bum players in WZ when it takes 2 proxy mines to down someone or your motor strike does nothing at all. Also there's ways around eomm / sbmm with the geo filter. 

Activision has been recording every single online game since black ops II and maybe even before that but they let you know they did when they put theater mode in the game and no one said anything about it. For the digital finger print so AI can actually ban you and it does not matter how many new accounts you make. Some cheat providers have already implied a offset scale and there will never ever be two of the same movements. Unfortunately this is the world we live in and its easier for most humans to be negative instead of positive. This forum and especially this thread is 100% prof of that. Just my 2cents.

6 hours ago, swippur said:

You’ll be surprised how many gamers play on WiFi here and complain of connection drops. 

Yeah I don’t doubt that at all

Well here’s a game I played earlier today on netduma r3.. im getting accused of wallhacks. I did this SOLO against a 4 stacked party one in their party had purple flames

IMG_2291.jpeg

15 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Not really a subject for this thread but EOMM and SBMM was created cause a weaker society decided little Timmy and Billy deserved a trophy for just showing up.

The whole losing your gun fight because of connection or blaming your router not working properly and not cause your just bad at the game... well If your router is set up correctly the only time your gaming experience will change is cause of the tick rate of the cod servers being so low and the server your on is over saturated (COD is only at 20 when every other online game is 30 to 128). If you lock your geo filter down to specific servers only you can avoid a ton of those bad gun fights. People complained about this in older cods that used P2P for MP and now you revenge spawn in MP, proxy mines and motor strikes stronger for bum players in WZ when it takes 2 proxy mines to down someone or your motor strike does nothing at all. Also there's ways around eomm / sbmm with the geo filter. 

Activision has been recording every single online game since black ops II and maybe even before that but they let you know they did when they put theater mode in the game and no one said anything about it. For the digital finger print so AI can actually ban you and it does not matter how many new accounts you make. Some cheat providers have already implied a offset scale and there will never ever be two of the same movements. Unfortunately this is the world we live in and its easier for most humans to be negative instead of positive. This forum and especially this thread is 100% prof of that. Just my 2cents.

SBMM was added to protect the weak from reality I already know that much as for the potato audio whoever hired the director for that should be fired because they intentionally make you go deaf with explosives and score streaks sound effects that take the entire audio. Yeah it was sorta obvious however there still no such implementation most likely because the truth is that it an underground business though I won't go much further but you see what I am saying....

8 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

SBMM was added to protect the weak from reality I already know that much as for the potato audio whoever hired the director for that should be fired because they intentionally make you go deaf with explosives and score streaks sound effects that take the entire audio. Yeah it was sorta obvious however there still no such implementation most likely because the truth is that it an underground business though I won't go much further but you see what I am saying....

heres the fix for the potato audio but its not plug and play so have fun...I have astro a40 tr with mix amp for my xbox, DUNU Titan S IEM's for my Streaming PC when i play on that, and for the gaming rig im building i got SteelSeries - Arctis Nova Pro Wired

i followed the videos instructions step by step and night and day difference!

@TODDzillaInLAI mean the fact that you need special equipment to tweak audio means there bad at there job pal 😂. I own a G7 with PC38X and there godly but when it comes to these games with horrible audio were you need to waste time out of your day to find the proper settings I am out.

4 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@TODDzillaInLAI mean the fact that you need special equipment to tweak audio means there bad at there job pal 😂. I own a G7 with PC38X and there godly but when it comes to these games with horrible audio were you need to waste time out of your day to find the proper settings I am out.

We all know this and i totally agree. But from the game, to game audio, to the router nothing cool is easy.

20 hours ago, swippur said:

Well here’s a game I played earlier today on netduma r3.. im getting accused of wallhacks. I did this SOLO against a 4 stacked party one in their party had purple flames

IMG_2291.jpeg

Ngl you probably are lmao

On 4/10/2024 at 8:27 AM, x12Tyler said:

I have the same thing with picking out hits. with r3 I lose fights that are won. currently r3 is disconnected and the regular tp-link from the supplier is better at detecting hits. tp-link speed test 900/900 jitter 2/3 r3 speedtest 700/800 jitter jumps 3/12/16 and I'm losing fights because of this jitter. We are waiting for an update and I hope it will improve, because if not, it will be the most unsuccessful purchases in a long time.