Netduma r3 is the best gaming router!

2 hours ago, Nj12 said:

You’re on an island of very few with that opinion.  Most owners seem displeased with the product.

Which type of router performs better than the netduma r3 for you for gaming? I’m just curious because I’ve tried lots of different router OS. I’ve tried pretty much everything. I simply can’t find anything better.

I agree with you that the R3 is a great router. I've tried a lot of them in the past and I've had expensive routers from well-known brands. The truth is that the R3 still has bugs in the software, but I have no doubt that it will be the best router when it's all sorted out. I saw your Rank in MW3. Well, I think everything is easier when your server for MW3 is 50-200km away from home. LOL I would like to see you play with my nearest server at 1000km+. My download is 850mb/s, upload is 400mb/s. Servers are a problem for me and distance, not the connection of my ISP. Total disaster Ranked Play. I'm a hardcore player as well and it's easier to play there because you don't need to shoot 7-10 bullets that travel through the server and register it in order to kill the opponent.The long distance of the server can't register every bullet I shoot. I'm desperate! I bought R3 only because I saw that Austria has a server for MW3 and that country is 600km away from me and my ping would be 15ms. Then my game in Ranked Play would be a real story and realistic. I shoot 80% first and get killed at the end. Shoot first - be killed first. I'm desperate! I'm sorry that that server in Austria is invisible right now and that R3 can't locates it. I love Ranked Play but it's very hard to play on servers 1000km+

The R3 does it's job but it can't magically make your bullets register how they should, that's up to the game and your opponents - the matchmaking doesn't prioritise the connection of your opponents, so when you get connected to laggy people from across the country most of the time, you're going to get poor hit registration no matter what router you're using. I sit single digit pings but get penalised heavily, the game just feels delayed when there's people with crap connections in the match. If everyone's under 20ms (rare) it feels amazing. They've tried to make the game playable for everyone no matter your ping but it's not perfect, there's a reason why people geo filter to servers further away to increase their ping, or why some Japanese/Chinese connect to the Australian servers on purpose.

MWIII has given me the worst experience i've had in cod in a long time. My KD is around 2.8 now but I was probably negative the first 2 months from how awful it ran. That's the lowest i've had since like OG MW3 and I'm surprise it's even gotten there with how bad it runs. The only router that has made this game remotely playable is the R2 or R3 - no other router has given me playable matches until recently, I decided to switch to my old Asus router I was running as an AP to router mode and it has been giving me some smooth hit rego. It's running Merlin firmware, I have no fancy settings, just set my console to priority and using Adaptive QoS with my full bandwidth set up. I have found matches run bad if I throttle bandwidth low, unlike some of the older cods.

Some people that I occasionally play with have no issues whatsoever playing via WiFi and they're sitting on 30-70ms ping due to their location. When I vs them for fun in public lobbies, they have the type of connection where you're dead before you can ADS.. they are just synced to the server much earlier than you and have the lag comp on their side. I've tried bumping up my ping but it doesn't give the same experience as having a high ping by default. Maybe it's related to the routing.

5 minutes ago, Zli said:

I agree with you that the R3 is a great router. I've tried a lot of them in the past and I've had expensive routers from well-known brands. The truth is that the R3 still has bugs in the software, but I have no doubt that it will be the best router when it's all sorted out. I saw your Rank in MW3. Well, I think everything is easier when your server for MW3 is 50-200km away from home. LOL I would like to see you play with my nearest server at 1000km+. My download is 850mb/s, upload is 400mb/s. Servers are a problem for me and distance, not the connection of my ISP. Total disaster Ranked Play. I'm a hardcore player as well and it's easier to play there because you don't need to shoot 7-10 bullets that travel through the server and register it in order to kill the opponent.The long distance of the server can't register every bullet I shoot. I'm desperate! I bought R3 only because I saw that Austria has a server for MW3 and that country is 600km away from me and my ping would be 15ms. Then my game in Ranked Play would be a real story and realistic. I shoot 80% first and get killed at the end. Shoot first - be killed first. I'm desperate! I'm sorry that that server in Austria is invisible right now and that R3 can't locates it. I love Ranked Play but it's very hard to play on servers 1000km+

Aww man I know that sucks having to play on those far servers. The United States have lots of servers. The highest ping I see when playing is 60ms. I have Google Fiber and they have really good ping to all the United States servers. During the peak hours I usually get 6-25 Ms servers.

Brother, you are a lucky man. I feel desperate when I play on those distant servers. I dream of a server under 20ms. Maybe it will happen someday. I wish you happy playing and good fun in Ranked Play.

9 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

The R3 does it's job but it can't magically make your bullets register how they should, that's up to the game and your opponents - the matchmaking doesn't prioritise the connection of your opponents, so when you get connected to laggy people from across the country most of the time, you're going to get poor hit registration no matter what router you're using. I sit single digit pings but get penalised heavily, the game just feels delayed when there's people with crap connections in the match. If everyone's under 20ms (rare) it feels amazing. They've tried to make the game playable for everyone no matter your ping but it's not perfect, there's a reason why people geo filter to servers further away to increase their ping, or why some Japanese/Chinese connect to the Australian servers on purpose.

MWIII has given me the worst experience i've had in cod in a long time. My KD is around 2.8 now but I was probably negative the first 2 months from how awful it ran. That's the lowest i've had since like OG MW3 and I'm surprise it's even gotten there with how bad it runs. The only router that has made this game remotely playable is the R2 or R3 - no other router has given me playable matches until recently, I decided to switch to my old Asus router I was running as an AP to router mode and it has been giving me some smooth hit rego. It's running Merlin firmware, I have no fancy settings, just set my console to priority and using Adaptive QoS with my full bandwidth set up. I have found matches run bad if I throttle bandwidth low, unlike some of the older cods.

I’ve tried the Asus ROG Rapture GT-BE98 Pro annd I used your exact settings. I connected my gaming pc to the gaming port on the Asus rog router and used adaptive qos with gaming first priority.. And I’ll say the hit detection was okay. I spent $900 on that router so I was expecting it to be the best. But the r3 hit detection feels better to me theres less shoot first die first moments. The Asus router is definitely second on my list out of all the other routers I’ve tried. And now I have it in AP mode because the WiFi is really good.

What would be nice if we could play some private matches together to put the routers to the test 😂

25 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

Some people that I occasionally play with have no issues whatsoever playing via WiFi and they're sitting on 30-70ms ping due to their location. When I vs them for fun in public lobbies, they have the type of connection where you're dead before you can ADS.. they are just synced to the server much earlier than you and have the lag comp on their side. I've tried bumping up my ping but it doesn't give the same experience as having a high ping by default. Maybe it's related to the routing.

I think that what you are saying is not true at all. Every time I'm in a game, I ask the players from the team what their ping is. They all have a better ping than me because they're French, German, Italian, Belgian and so on... So I know what I'm talking about. it's not the same when playing from countries that are surrounded by MW3 servers and the country I come from, which has to go through 4,5 countries to get to the MW3 server. I don't know where you are from, but I'm from Serbia. All servers for MW3 are 1000km+ away from me. Italy, Germany, France, Holland, Switzerland... everything is far. For you, everything is probably better and different. Be happy and have fun.

20 hours ago, Zli said:

I think that what you are saying is not true at all. Every time I'm in a game, I ask the players from the team what their ping is. They all have a better ping than me because they're French, German, Italian, Belgian and so on... So I know what I'm talking about. it's not the same when playing from countries that are surrounded by MW3 servers and the country I come from, which has to go through 4,5 countries to get to the MW3 server. I don't know where you are from, but I'm from Serbia. All servers for MW3 are 1000km+ away from me. Italy, Germany, France, Holland, Switzerland... everything is far. For you, everything is probably better and different. Be happy and have fun.

Yes, what I said won't apply to you with your closest server being 1000km+ away.. It applies to others in Europe (mainly west side) that have multiple server locations close by to connect to. There are people here from the UK that have a crap experience playing single digit ping on their local servers but have better experience getting 30ms+ on Spain for example.

I can't take advantage of this unless I move states 😄, I live in the same state as the servers in my country (Australia) and the next closest server location is in Asia which gives me 100ms ping. Now my ping is usually around 5ms depending on what router I'm using and I have a terrible time when people from New Zealand especially are in the match playing on 60-80ms ping.

Like I said previously, when I party up with people from other states, their ping is anywhere from 30-70ms+ and they dominate. Coming up against them I CAN'T kill them at all even when I shoot first, it's like my bullets hit them in slow motion and they can react easily and melt me. They tell me I move slow and look like a bot to them but on my end i'm zipping trying to be a hard target to hit. Their movement looks like 2x normal speed,

One thing I have noticed happens a lot when we are partied up and this was also very common on MW19 (might be the same engine?) - we can be running together and an enemy pops up, I shoot first according to what i see and hear happening on my screen, I don't even get a hitmarker despite being on target then I see the enemy just instantly die cause apparently my friend shot before me and killed them before I even shot. This has happened with multiple enemies as well, multiple appear in front of us and i shoot at enemy #2 while my friend shoots at enemy #1 but he manages to kill enemy 1, 2 and a 3 out of nowhere. There's a massive discrepancy to what we see on our screens and the only difference we have is his ping is almost 10x mine.

It's not fair from Activision that they didn't activate more servers on a global level. I also tried VPN with an Asus router and I couldn't do anything. Everything was the same, if not worse. I also think that VPN is a big delusion. My ping was much higher and I was late. I used NordVPN and ExpressVPN. I'm waiting to see what the hybrid VPN from Netduma will be like and how it works.

On 3/31/2024 at 1:08 AM, Nj12 said:

You’re on an island of very few with that opinion.  Most owners seem displeased with the product.

Not necessarily. A support forum is always going to be an echo chamber of users postings about their issues. Users without issues are not on here and are instead enjoying their gaming and entertainment.

On 3/31/2024 at 12:56 PM, DanologyUK said:

The guy can play COD on PC but doesnt know where the Screenshot button is. Hahaha

I’m on my phone when I’m on netduma forums, not sure what the problem is of me taking a simple picture of my rank with my phone vs screenshot.

You thought I took a picture with my phone and then moved the photo to the pc then uploaded it?!? I’m lost

On 4/1/2024 at 7:30 AM, Zli said:

It's not fair from Activision that they didn't activate more servers on a global level. I also tried VPN with an Asus router and I couldn't do anything. Everything was the same, if not worse. I also think that VPN is a big delusion. My ping was much higher and I was late. I used NordVPN and ExpressVPN. I'm waiting to see what the hybrid VPN from Netduma will be like and how it works.

I’ve also tried a VPN, it feels the same for me. I would say a vpn is only good for gaming when your ISP has bad routing to the servers

8 minutes ago, swippur said:

I’m on my phone when I’m on netduma forums, not sure what the problem is of me taking a simple picture of my rank with my phone vs screenshot.

You thought I took a picture with my phone and then moved the photo to the pc then uploaded it?!? I’m lost

You were clearly on your PC so why even use your phone? Taking a picture of a screen to then upload from your phone screeen is just strange. 

You guys are really giving him a hard time cause he took a pic with his phone thats wild... its the tick rate of the cod servers that is the problem, you dont run into any of that when its p2p but the r3 does get the jpb done, dropped a warzone nuke with no kills on easter lol

https://www.twitch.tv/toddzillainla/clip/SingleLittleMarjoramGivePLZ-4ZXyk8eAOeAp-G4j

then dropped a multiplayer nuke right after

https://www.twitch.tv/toddzillainla/clip/InnocentDeliciousCucumberDancingBanana-63HRPdVD6BRRZEBF

On 3/31/2024 at 12:35 AM, swippur said:

Which type of router performs better than the netduma r3 for you for gaming? I’m just curious because I’ve tried lots of different router OS. I’ve tried pretty much everything. I simply can’t find anything better.

better is more of a personal preference. there is a couple asus routers that would be BETTER for me since they support up to 2 and 5gige fiber connections. but the r3 for the price is a really good inexpensive alternative. 

24 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

better is more of a personal preference. there is a couple asus routers that would be BETTER for me since they support up to 2 and 5gige fiber connections. but the r3 for the price is a really good inexpensive alternative. 

If you really wanted to do it right, you could potentially get one of those Asus routers and use it for your home network, put the R3 in it's DMZ and just use that for your gaming devices.

3 hours ago, Proud R3 Owner said:

If you really wanted to do it right, you could potentially get one of those Asus routers and use it for your home network, put the R3 in it's DMZ and just use that for your gaming devices.

the only way i can do it anymore RIGHTER is to get a router that supports my internet connection. i have a spectrum 1gige connection for the whole house, i have fios 2gige just for my gaming, You never want to put anything in DMZ if you do not have to, Portforward should always be first choice, upnp if you cant figure it out on your own, DMZ if you dont want to FAFO

Well if you put a router behind another router you'd want to put that second router in the DMZ as it has it's own firewall and relieves double NAT. Yes I agree if you only have 1 router DMZ leaves it completely open to everything which isn't very secure. However if you're putting a router in DMZ it has it's own security.

6 hours ago, Proud R3 Owner said:

Well if you put a router behind another router you'd want to put that second router in the DMZ as it has it's own firewall and relieves double NAT. Yes I agree if you only have 1 router DMZ leaves it completely open to everything which isn't very secure. However if you're putting a router in DMZ it has it's own security.

security is not even a issue, i do not even have windows defender installed on my pc i have a custom version of windows 10 with no bloatware and on my fiber internet connection it goes from the ONT straight to the duma nothing in-between and the reason you do not want to use dmz is cause there is nothing to prioritize the ports. at that point which can cause all kinds of different issues. if the wrong port is being used cause there is no instructions for the correct port to be used