In 1 week it will be 2 months without any new firmware and there are so many bugs and problems still unresolved.

• mightywizard666 changed the title to In 1 week it will be 2 months without any new firmware and there are so many bugs and problems still unresolved.
1 minute ago, Nj12 said:

Most of the issues aren’t experienced by most users,  just an isolated few.……………………………..  is what I gather from the reps here.

I second this.. only issue I experience is random drop outs every few hours other than that the router is perfectly fine for me

If you are all happy with your brand new super extra mega cool R3 we do we have so many topics about the same problems on this router, just continue to be Netduma's fanboy, i lost all my hope about this device, my old XR500 works definitively better, it will be usable when the R4 will be available. I know that other brand are more reactive about so huge bug and performance problem and make more often firmware update to reduce users problem and made the device more useable as bugs are fixed, here you have to wait many months without any update and then leave your device in the cabinet. The minimum for a network device is stability and no blocking bugs and after that during the life of the device performance optimisations and minor bugs corrections, it's not the case here, the device was launched in beta state, who made the prelaunch tests??? Next time please do more better tests before launching a new model, i had the R1 and after that the XR500 and now the R3, i think that if it's continue like that the R3 will be the last Netduma for me.

45 minutes ago, uunf8z3d said:

I mean come on let's be serious the only way for the product to work-ish is to deactivate every single feature you bought it for. 

I'm no dev and don't know what updating a firmware implies but from a customer POV 2 months in the current state of the product is hard to accept. Even if they only released 1 feature like hybrid VPN which was supposed to be a couple weeks after launch... Especially when they are selling probably hundreds of R3 thanks to a paid promotion video that states R3 cancels sbmm in COD and 99% of the kids that bought it are gonna end up here asking how and having "it's not a feature supported by Netduma" for an answer and no way to use a VPN.

No it doesn't cancel SBMM. False advertisement by a Youtuber. 

5 hours ago, Alex49H said:

No it doesn't cancel SBMM. False advertisement by a Youtuber. 

You guys pick up on things and assume them to be true. SBMM uses many criteria to make up your lobby. If you are filtering your lobbies geographically and can maintain a stable connection you are just guaranteed to minimize the effects of the bad connection that SBMM sometimes causes, but you are not changing how the lobbies are arranged. I will take a Netduma Router over any other if I can at least not let the game to connect me to a crazy location just to have a better skill- matched lobby. And Youtubers usually explain this, they just say it in thumbnails to attract viewership

6 hours ago, uunf8z3d said:

I mean come on let's be serious the only way for the product to work-ish is to deactivate every single feature you bought it for. 

I'm no dev and don't know what updating a firmware implies but from a customer POV 2 months in the current state of the product is hard to accept. Even if they only released 1 feature like hybrid VPN which was supposed to be a couple weeks after launch... Especially when they are selling probably hundreds of R3 thanks to a paid promotion video that states R3 cancels sbmm in COD and 99% of the kids that bought it are gonna end up here asking how and having "it's not a feature supported by Netduma" for an answer and no way to use a VPN.

Steady ping waste of time. You don’t need steady ping as a router function to have crisp gameplay. A decent ISP with a cable connected to your console or PC should be perfectly fine. Why try overcomplicate basic stuff. Too much marketing BS to sell a router comes to mind. All they needed to do was update the UI from the R2 and fix the geo filter which never worked properly on the R2. Other than that why bother with all the other bells and whistles. Waste of bloody time! Also give us the option to flash the duma software onto our own spec router because the R3 router is p**s poor it’s worse than the XR500 ffs like seriously. No wonder there’s CPU capping out under load caus the gear is f awful! Sort it out netduma. It’s not hard. 

56 minutes ago, SamT98 said:

Steady ping waste of time. You don’t need steady ping as a router function to have crisp gameplay. A decent ISP with a cable connected to your console or PC should be perfectly fine. Why try overcomplicate basic stuff. Too much marketing BS to sell a router comes to mind. All they needed to do was update the UI from the R2 and fix the geo filter which never worked properly on the R2. Other than that why bother with all the other bells and whistles. Waste of bloody time! Also give us the option to flash the duma software onto our own spec router because the R3 router is p**s poor it’s worse than the XR500 ffs like seriously. No wonder there’s CPU capping out under load caus the gear is f awful! Sort it out netduma. It’s not hard. 

Steady Ping is only useful in certain server with a more unstable connection. It’s a sort of tool you can rely on if you find a distant server you like, because it can smooth out jitter, not something you need to turn on always, especially because you should always prioritize a closer server.

What makes you think they would let you flash their software? 😂 that’s not their business model bud, don’t get too excited now…

The most annoying thing about Steady Ping is when you disable it, it enables itself on restart.  Which you have to do twice a day.

Can you disable it from the App?  No, that would make too much sense.  You have to DIRECTLY login to the router from a PC to disable it, EVERY TIME.

1 hour ago, Luis Gomes said:

You guys pick up on things and assume them to be true. SBMM uses many criteria to make up your lobby. If you are filtering your lobbies geographically and can maintain a stable connection you are just guaranteed to minimize the effects of the bad connection that SBMM sometimes causes, but you are not changing how the lobbies are arranged. I will take a Netduma Router over any other if I can at least not let the game to connect me to a crazy location just to have a better skill- matched lobby. And Youtubers usually explain this, they just say it in thumbnails to attract viewership

Some have said it in their vid's that it cancels sbmm, but never believe everything they say. 

1 hour ago, Megatf said:

The most annoying thing about Steady Ping is when you disable it, it enables itself on restart.  Which you have to do twice a day.

Can you disable it from the App?  No, that would make too much sense.  You have to DIRECTLY login to the router from a PC to disable it, EVERY TIME.

You can disable it from the app, what do you mean you cannot do it?

IMG_1602.png

57 minutes ago, Luis Gomes said:

You can disable it from the app, what do you mean you cannot do it?

IMG_1602.png

Steady ping has a bug, it keeps getting re enabled after you disable it. Especially when you constantly reboot. Another option that does this is Speedtest bypass.. after every reboot you have to login and disable those settings

3 hours ago, SamT98 said:

I been said they should sell us a license sort of how Mikrotik sells RouterOS. We could use our own router that has much better hardware. I feel like netduma finds the most budget hardware that’s capable of running their software. I can’t blame them because it saves money and makes them more money but there’s lots of enthusiasts like me that want the best and don’t mind paying for better

12 hours ago, uunf8z3d said:

Especially when they are selling probably hundreds of R3 thanks to a paid promotion video that states R3 cancels sbmm in COD and 99% of the kids that bought it are gonna end up here asking how and having "it's not a feature supported by Netduma" for an answer and no way to use a VPN.

where is this paid promotion? i show on my youtube how you can break sbmm and i never got paid for it lol

8 hours ago, swippur said:

Steady ping has a bug, it keeps getting re enabled after you disable it. Especially when you constantly reboot. Another option that does this is Speedtest bypass.. after every reboot you have to login and disable those settings

Yes that’s true! They will fix it i’m sure,

13 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

where is this paid promotion? i show on my youtube how you can break sbmm and i never got paid for it lol

I believe I know who they are talking about, it wasn't you. Some dude said on his channel he received the router for free and was heavily promoting the features that seem to be broken for a lot of people. 

Honestly the end user needs to do due diligence for them self instead of just buying snake oil, they rather google for 5hrs then try 10 min of testing then pay some optimizer to scam them. 1 think i do agree with is the DUMA company needs to put a disclaimer (its not a off the show plug in and play product)

@TODDzillaInLAWell what do you expect from children that don't watch the full video 😂...I would guess they watched driftor and neroscinema as there clearly paid advertisement though it is disingenuous as they put that in the title/thumbnail knowing full well it not true but it only for the clicks and clickbait is allowed so....but it is business.

38 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@TODDzillaInLAWell what do you expect from children that don't watch the full video 😂...I would guess they watched driftor and neroscinema as there clearly paid advertisement though it is disingenuous as they put that in the title/thumbnail knowing full well it not true but it only for the clicks and clickbait is allowed so....but it is business.

Well the r3 works, it definitely works, if I put more effort I can get the download to 0 but it's a nothing burger.

image.png?ex=66094540&is=65f6d040&hm=06d654871db609ea72a553be16a5997ea7a2826c06c22b57b01515885f8edf92&

3 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@TODDzillaInLA500mbs should be enough to get 0ms on the downstream though not that it'll make any noticeable difference as you already live near the data centers

Yuuup. Plus the r3 is already screwing me out of 1g of download and upload remember my fios is 2g up and down