In 1 week it will be 2 months without any new firmware and there are so many bugs and problems still unresolved.

I bought the R3 at launch and have had almost no issues. The only thing right now, is that my nat type doesn't show as open. Which is a non issue because I get into matches fast and connect to all of my friends without fail. Now I'm not saying that some people aren't having real issues, but I do urge people to look at certain things. What is your R3 connected to, if what it is connected to has routing capabilities then you need to put the R3 in the dmz of said modem/router or put it in bridge mode. Although I urge anyone serious enough to buy a gaming router to also buy their own modem that is both supported by their ISP and supports the speed you are paying for. Ideally you want one thing doing the routing (R3) and a modem without routing capabilities. I also have a weird fix that worked for me with my xr500 restarting every few hours. I changed the time zone to where I live, by default it was on something else. I did that for my xr500 and now my R3 and have never had that issue again. Make sure the other device matches that time zone as well. 

4 hours ago, darth_revan45 said:

I bought the R3 at launch and have had almost no issues. The only thing right now, is that my nat type doesn't show as open. Which is a non issue because I get into matches fast and connect to all of my friends without fail. Now I'm not saying that some people aren't having real issues, but I do urge people to look at certain things. What is your R3 connected to, if what it is connected to has routing capabilities then you need to put the R3 in the dmz of said modem/router or put it in bridge mode. Although I urge anyone serious enough to buy a gaming router to also buy their own modem that is both supported by their ISP and supports the speed you are paying for. Ideally you want one thing doing the routing (R3) and a modem without routing capabilities. I also have a weird fix that worked for me with my xr500 restarting every few hours. I changed the time zone to where I live, by default it was on something else. I did that for my xr500 and now my R3 and have never had that issue again. Make sure the other device matches that time zone as well. 

Did you make a reserved IP for your device?

2 hours ago, Luis Gomes said:

Did you make a reserved IP for your device?

For my gaming PC yes. Upnp is on and also tried portforwarding. Call of duty shows that 3074 is in use and so does the port table in the R3. But call of duty still says moderate nat. Not too concerned anymore because the port shows as open with no issues connecting with people. 

I’m glad I didn’t jump on this router. I bought the R1’s launch and the forum looked like this, then I stupidly bought the R2 with the R1 still not stabled and the forums looked like this. Seems like i dodge a bullet  buy not buying the R3. When companies show who they are, believe them it’s not a fluke. 

3 hours ago, darth_revan45 said:

For my gaming PC yes. Upnp is on and also tried portforwarding. Call of duty shows that 3074 is in use and so does the port table in the R3. But call of duty still says moderate nat. Not too concerned anymore because the port shows as open with no issues connecting with people. 

Port forward or upnp never do both upnp will give a different device priority over PF and the ports will conflict with no notification 

I just want to chime in and say I haven't had any major issues with my R3 and it is worth the money, in my opinion.  Off the top of my head annoying issues I have are:

• Steady ping is on after reboot
  • Clearing cookies reenables all the tutorials, I always clear all cookies
  • Internet is randomly dropped very infrequently for a second or two like once every two weeks, I can't recall the last time it happened actually
  • No way to set a reboot schedule, however maybe I'm dumb and missed that option.

I pretty much only bought this router because I am financially stable enough to drop $220 USD (tax, shipping) for a gaming related product.  I got fed up with MWIII putting me in lobbies that are 600 miles or more away in the name of "balance".  The only thing I use this router for is essentially a region blocker on Call of Duty and for that it works perfectly on PC/BattleNet version.  If I am in a group, it even works for the group of friends without them owning an R3 which is nice.  I guess CoD won't connect players unless everyone in the lobby can connect to the server.

6 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Port forward or upnp never do both upnp will give a different device priority over PF and the ports will conflict with no notification 

Appreciate the advice, I already knew this but Frazier said you don't need to turn upnp off on R3. Not to mention still moderate nat with portforwarding and upnp off when I tried it awhile back. 

5 hours ago, DoubleTom said:

I just want to chime in and say I haven't had any major issues with my R3 and it is worth the money, in my opinion.  Off the top of my head annoying issues I have are:

• Steady ping is on after reboot
  • Clearing cookies reenables all the tutorials, I always clear all cookies
  • Internet is randomly dropped very infrequently for a second or two like once every two weeks, I can't recall the last time it happened actually
  • No way to set a reboot schedule, however maybe I'm dumb and missed that option.

I pretty much only bought this router because I am financially stable enough to drop $220 USD (tax, shipping) for a gaming related product.  I got fed up with MWIII putting me in lobbies that are 600 miles or more away in the name of "balance".  The only thing I use this router for is essentially a region blocker on Call of Duty and for that it works perfectly on PC/BattleNet version.  If I am in a group, it even works for the group of friends without them owning an R3 which is nice.  I guess CoD won't connect players unless everyone in the lobby can connect to the server.

Try the fix I had. Change your time zone to where you live it's in the settings. I did this and my random reboots stopped. 

On 3/19/2024 at 11:34 PM, TODDzillaInLA said:

Well the r3 works, it definitely works, if I put more effort I can get the download to 0 but it's a nothing burger.

image.png?ex=66094540&is=65f6d040&hm=06d654871db609ea72a553be16a5997ea7a2826c06c22b57b01515885f8edf92&

Unloaded max ping 10ms max ping and with active 67ms max ping i don't know how you become A+ lol and the 95% is 14.7ms then 95% of time you will be at 15 ms in your game instead of 6.9 lol yes if you think it's cool then it's wonderfull lol.

2 hours ago, darth_revan45 said:

Appreciate the advice, I already knew this but Frazier said you don't need to turn upnp off on R3. Not to mention still moderate nat with portforwarding and upnp off when I tried it awhile back. 

what device are you playing on?

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

what device are you playing on?

PC. I even went home tonight and turned off upnp and only used portforwarding, to make sure that I'm not crazy lol. Still moderate with geo filter on or off btw. 

1 hour ago, darth_revan45 said:

PC. I even went home tonight and turned off upnp and only used portforwarding, to make sure that I'm not crazy lol. Still moderate with geo filter on or off btw. 

make sure you got static ip set on pc, make sure you have the ip reserved on your duma all you need is 3074 for cod once all that is done upnp disabled and verified reboot duma from menu, turn your pc off while duma is rebooting, unplug the power cable from power supply hold power button down for 30 seconds unplug plug power cable back in turn on, no reason not to have open nat type at that point

On 3/20/2024 at 4:01 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

Yuuup. Plus the r3 is already screwing me out of 1g of download and upload remember my fios is 2g up and down

whats yout cc and settings ???? #TODDzillaInLA

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

make sure you got static ip set on pc, make sure you have the ip reserved on your duma all you need is 3074 for cod once all that is done upnp disabled and verified reboot duma from menu, turn your pc off while duma is rebooting, unplug the power cable from power supply hold power button down for 30 seconds unplug plug power cable back in turn on, no reason not to have open nat type at that point

That's basically what I did and now I have an open nat. Thanks I went with portforwarding like you suggested. 

I feel like there is no fix and that firmwares are just for small fixes but all these are somewhat big issues but idk much about this stuff all i know is its a struggle with the r3....... Frustrating

I feel like we could do with a progress update saying what stage they are at, not asking for a release date on a new firmware but a progress checklist on fixing bugs etc. We've fixed this problem now we're testing x and y. R3 owners can see what is awaiting a fix via firmware which would prevent people reporting the same bug multiple times when a fix is in the pipeline. 

LOL more firmware ANIXETY!!! Besides no VPN not being enabled i do not see any issue with the r3. Also if you went to asus or msi and bugged for a update eta you would be banned so have a little respect for the mods and the staff here. Whap problems are you encountering?  Nothing a little FAFO can't fix!!!

@TODDzillaInLAyou really are a weird guy, did you read what I said? I didn't ask for an eta. I was saying would it be an idea to let people know what is going on. I don't need to explain to you what needs work just look at the forum and find out. 🤣🤣🤣 I've made posts, sent logs, done tests with screenshots to help fix issues. I'm saying I can imagine there are a lot of people waiting apart from you apparently. 

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

We have a firmware being tested internally currently so shouldn't be much longer now. Here is a rough change log so you can get an idea of what it includes. As you can see it's quite a beefy update, hence why it took longer than the previous ones.

• Addition of Hybrid VPN
  • Improved SmartBOOST performance
  • Various frontend improvements
  • Fix for memory leak (sometimes manifesting as being unable to access the interface)
  • Potential fix for "frequent disconnects" issue
  • Chromecast and local transfers fixed (this is the WiFi bug where devices can't communicate with each other when they're connected to the same WiFi band e.g. 2.4/2.4GHz)
  • Fix for "No Internet Detected" bug in Setup Wizard
  • IPv6 PPPoE now works with SmartBOOST
  • Ping Optimizer reliability improvements
  • UPnP Improvements

Before you ask, no I cannot provide this to you before it's deemed to be stable so please don't ask as you'll get a disappointing answer!

Cheers @Netduma Fraser awesome! 

On 3/24/2024 at 2:17 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

We have a firmware being tested internally currently so shouldn't be much longer now. Here is a rough change log so you can get an idea of what it includes. As you can see it's quite a beefy update, hence why it took longer than the previous ones.

• Addition of Hybrid VPN
  • Improved SmartBOOST performance
  • Various frontend improvements
  • Fix for memory leak (sometimes manifesting as being unable to access the interface)
  • Potential fix for "frequent disconnects" issue
  • Chromecast and local transfers fixed (this is the WiFi bug where devices can't communicate with each other when they're connected to the same WiFi band e.g. 2.4/2.4GHz)
  • Fix for "No Internet Detected" bug in Setup Wizard
  • IPv6 PPPoE now works with SmartBOOST
  • Ping Optimizer reliability improvements
  • UPnP Improvements

Before you ask, no I cannot provide this to you before it's deemed to be stable so please don't ask as you'll get a disappointing answer!

When ready we will release it, please don't ask for an ETA!

Would WPS Functionality be rectified in this update? It is something that I require for my wireless printer and hope that it will be included.

Thanks.