My settings for Good Hit detection MW3 <R3 Router

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The screenshot above though it seems like on the ISP router you're getting 300 less than 900 - I'm not saying that's causing the issue but if that's not giving you the expected results then results on the R3 will vary as well. Put the device in the DMZ on the R3 then do a test quickly, once done remove it from the DMZ - do not keep it in the DMZ, what do you get?

The 900 is not guaranteed. Anyway that is another story, since the tests are done at the same time. The R2 seem to cap the speed out of the box. PC in DMZ of the R2 did not help btw.

On 7/27/2024 at 4:48 AM, Zli said:

It depends on what you're doing online and the type of data being transferred. UDP is better if you're gaming online, because its speedy data transfer allows for mostly lag-free gaming. TCP is better if you're transferring files, like family photos, because it ensures the data arrives exactly as it was sent.Fast-paced multiplayer games (first person shooters, arena games, etc), use UDP protocol to sync player movement and update game state. UDP headers are ideal for sending these game updates at a ridiculously fast speed, but messages are not guaranteed (because the next message is coming so fast behind).In UDP the route/path is not fixed and the packets are just sent over which ensures faster delivery of data. Thus, UDP is faster than TCP. As the game is multiplayer so it needs to be interactive thus you need UDP. Infact, all the live and interactive sessions or games are UDP based.And finally, it is not important to adjust R3, how much more important is the adjustment of the device from ISP.R3 comes at the end as a fine tuning. Don't skip the device from your ISP because it's the starter of everything.

Screenshot_20240727_104052.jpg

Screenshot_20240727_104109.jpg

20240727_110428.jpg

20240727_110355.jpg

20240727_110338.jpg

20240727_110308.jpg

20240727_121408.jpg

SHARE_20240727_1225230.jpeg

your last statement. did you say dont skip the isp modem/router that is given by your isp and use it with the r3 connected to it?

8 hours ago, MainLifeline said:

your last statement. did you say dont skip the isp modem/router that is given by your isp and use it with the r3 connected to it?

What I want to say is: I checked the MTU in the WAN settings on the ISP device and I found that it was 1492, which did not match the results I was getting when I checked 1492. The packets need to be fragmented. I found that 1472 is fine for me and doesn't need framgmantation. I changed the MTU. Then I called my ISP and asked them for a static IP address that will only be mine (all public IP addresses you have are shared with other clients of theirs) (your public address is used by 10 other clients from your ISP and you share the same public IP address that changes over time ) Static (personally my IP) costs 5 euros per month. I put R3 in the DMZ in the modem/router from my ISP. I asked my ISP to put their device in bridge mode. R3 has absolute control of everything..Enabled IGMP on the modem from my ISP and set snooping. Enabled only one LAN port for R3 and disabled all others. I set the PS5 console in R3 so that it is PS and not a console. I also set MTU 1472 in R3. The TCP protocol on R3 for Sony is disabled.I disabled Smartboost because only the Sony, tv and two phones are connected to the R3.For now, this is how my PS5 works and hit detection is really good. I don't have below 30kills in the game. I play Control and Teamdethmatch.

cmd_mtu02.png

Screenshot_20240730_111602.jpg

Screenshot_20240730_111744.jpg

On 7/30/2024 at 5:27 AM, Zli said:

What I want to say is: I checked the MTU in the WAN settings on the ISP device and I found that it was 1492, which did not match the results I was getting when I checked 1492. The packets need to be fragmented. I found that 1472 is fine for me and doesn't need framgmantation. I changed the MTU. Then I called my ISP and asked them for a static IP address that will only be mine (all public IP addresses you have are shared with other clients of theirs) (your public address is used by 10 other clients from your ISP and you share the same public IP address that changes over time ) Static (personally my IP) costs 5 euros per month. I put R3 in the DMZ in the modem/router from my ISP. I asked my ISP to put their device in bridge mode. R3 has absolute control of everything..Enabled IGMP on the modem from my ISP and set snooping. Enabled only one LAN port for R3 and disabled all others. I set the PS5 console in R3 so that it is PS and not a console. I also set MTU 1472 in R3. The TCP protocol on R3 for Sony is disabled.I disabled Smartboost because only the Sony, tv and two phones are connected to the R3.For now, this is how my PS5 works and hit detection is really good. I don't have below 30kills in the game. I play Control and Teamdethmatch.

cmd_mtu02.png

thanx for the clarification, i can see youre very knowledgable with all this. im curious to what dns you use and do you edit any settings on the ps5 itself in its settings

1 hour ago, MainLifeline said:

thanx for the clarification, i can see youre very knowledgable with all this. im curious to what dns you use and do you edit any settings on the ps5 itself in its settings

For this time, what I could see on the forum. What is good for one person is not necessarily good for another, but it is definitely worth trying. R3 is a router with which you always need to tinker and experiment. You can find it on Google test (you can download the program) and check which DNS is the best in terms of measurement and the fastest for your region. For me, the fastest is 9.9.9.9 and 8.8.8.8. Those DNS are on my R3 and sony.

12 minutes ago, Zli said:

For this time, what I could see on the forum. What is good for one person is not necessarily good for another, but it is definitely worth trying. R3 is a router with which you always need to tinker and experiment. You can find it on Google test (you can download the program) and check which DNS is the best in terms of measurement and the fastest for your region. For me, the fastest is 9.9.9.9 and 8.8.8.8. Those DNS are on my R3 and sony.

true. you mentioned enabling igmp and snooping on isp modem 1. what is that and how did u do that if its in brdgemode dont none of the settings work once in bridge mode?

4 hours ago, MainLifeline said:

true. you mentioned enabling igmp and snooping on isp modem 1. what is that and how did u do that if its in brdgemode dont none of the settings work once in bridge mode?

IGMP snooping is a method that network switches use to identify multicast groups, which are groups of computers or devices that all receive the same network traffic.IGMP snooping should be enabled when a network is using multicast applications like online conferences, gaming, and video streaming. IGMP improves the management of multicast groups and helps optimize traffic. 

I'm also currently experimenting with the settings myself. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but the fact is that the hits are better in COD.

As I already wrote, I changed the WAN MTU from ISP, Static IP, Bridge Mode, DMZ, IGMP. And the difference is visible in the Game.

The modem from the ISP is in bridge mode, but when I turn on Wi-Fi on the device, I can connect to it without a Wi-Fi network. I have access to the modem itself and make settings there.

19 hours ago, Zli said:

IGMP snooping is a method that network switches use to identify multicast groups, which are groups of computers or devices that all receive the same network traffic.IGMP snooping should be enabled when a network is using multicast applications like online conferences, gaming, and video streaming. IGMP improves the management of multicast groups and helps optimize traffic. 

I'm also currently experimenting with the settings myself. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but the fact is that the hits are better in COD.

As I already wrote, I changed the WAN MTU from ISP, Static IP, Bridge Mode, DMZ, IGMP. And the difference is visible in the Game.

The modem from the ISP is in bridge mode, but when I turn on Wi-Fi on the device, I can connect to it without a Wi-Fi network. I have access to the modem itself and make settings there.

thank you again man really appreciate it. one last thing i cant seem to find IP IGMP on the r3 what version of the firmware might you be on or where did u find it?

55 minutes ago, MainLifeline said:

thank you again man really appreciate it. one last thing i cant seem to find IP IGMP on the r3 what version of the firmware might you be on or where did u find it?

You don't have IP IGMP  Snooping on R3.  You may have that option on your device from your ISP. 

I'm on 4.0.236

On 1/10/2024 at 7:52 AM, Spritekid242 said:

1. Steady Ping on SIMPLE RECOMMENDED. GEO LATENCY ON , NO PING ASSISTS, STRICT MODE 

2.thumb.png.15578420019574822ac455b069a9a840.png

2. Go to Favourites.

3.thumb.png.bfdb89935a0153ef871f3676b1798047.png

3. Bandwidth Reservation

4.thumb.png.8eab9496e0b4ee53cbd7b3c27f393353.png

4.Put these ports in as you see thanks to @Chaiyoabc

5.thumb.png.b51b3df4ca050cd77232e572e3f625bd.png

5. Put speed to 50 down-50 up or 100 down-50 up

6.Advance ping option an put these settings 

6.thumb.png.a32805d4b48c9adb6155a081a7023b2c.png

7. check your buffer bloat on https://www.waveform.com/ . To see if you can get a A+ . Once you have A+ you should be good to go. 

7.thumb.png.0b142acbbd97c967fbf5b6201e9455d4.png

8. GamePlay 

9. Stats for nerds should look like this while your playing 

8.thumb.png.2e55d553fef0b163d334d90ff1bfa041.png

This is really well played.GG! Can you honestly tell me how many miles away this server you played on is from your location where you live? You literally play Core like it's Hardcore. 90% of them fall on 2,3 bullets. I don't think it's about the settings here, how close the server actually is. I have a feeling that your server is 200 miles from home.? Lucky man🍀

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening, does anyone in this thread have any configuration similar to the one proposed here (there are quite a few adjustments to make) to get the best results with EFC24? Unfortunately I can't find much ifromacion about better configurations with this game, and there are things that seem to work here ( port reservation etc...) that I don't know if they should be the same for EA's EFC24. I know the ports that the game and ps5 usually use with each other, I also know the best DMZ results with my ISP, if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

On 1/10/2024 at 1:52 AM, Spritekid242 said:

1. Steady Ping on SIMPLE RECOMMENDED. GEO LATENCY ON , NO PING ASSISTS, STRICT MODE 

2.thumb.png.15578420019574822ac455b069a9a840.png

2. Go to Favourites.

3.thumb.png.bfdb89935a0153ef871f3676b1798047.png

3. Bandwidth Reservation

4.thumb.png.8eab9496e0b4ee53cbd7b3c27f393353.png

4.Put these ports in as you see thanks to @Chaiyoabc

5.thumb.png.b51b3df4ca050cd77232e572e3f625bd.png

5. Put speed to 50 down-50 up or 100 down-50 up

6.Advance ping option an put these settings 

6.thumb.png.a32805d4b48c9adb6155a081a7023b2c.png

7. check your buffer bloat on https://www.waveform.com/ . To see if you can get a A+ . Once you have A+ you should be good to go. 

7.thumb.png.0b142acbbd97c967fbf5b6201e9455d4.png

8. GamePlay 

9. Stats for nerds should look like this while your playing 

8.thumb.png.2e55d553fef0b163d334d90ff1bfa041.png

Does anybody knows if these settings are still working?

On 7/30/2024 at 10:27 AM, Zli said:

cmd_mtu02.png

I've just download and setup Beta DumaOS 4 for the R2 so was reading through this thread to try and optimize my settings.  I thought you set your MTU 28 above your tested MTU which would make your MTU 1500?

Thanks

2 hours ago, jonnyg56 said:

I've just download and setup Beta DumaOS 4 for the R2 so was reading through this thread to try and optimize my settings.  I thought you set your MTU 28 above your tested MTU which would make your MTU 1500?

Thanks

My ISP sends 1500 MTU. When I checked the transmission 1500 Packet needs to be Fragmented. 1472 is the biggest MTU where it doesn't ask for Fragmatization. So I don't see the logic of adding 28 to make it 1500 again when 1500 requires Fragmatization. I left 1472.

3 hours ago, Zli said:

My ISP sends 1500 MTU. When I checked the transmission 1500 Packet needs to be Fragmented. 1472 is the biggest MTU where it doesn't ask for Fragmatization. So I don't see the logic of adding 28 to make it 1500 again when 1500 requires Fragmatization. I left 1472.

I think when you add 28 to your maximum MTU the 28 is reserved for header data which gives you your optimum MTU.

2 hours ago, jonnyg56 said:

I think when you add 28 to your maximum MTU the 28 is reserved for header data which gives you your optimum MTU.

Thank you. I am completely satisfied with how things are working now.