SmartQoS Version 2 is unfair!!!

5 hours ago, Seye said:

I get carried away with the kill streaks lol, that's nuts you have to contact ISP for port forwarding.

Warzone seems okay no weird issues either.

I noticed R2 wasn't outing my actual bandwidth, didn't want to go through troubleshooting decided to playing around ISP box until next R2 update is out.

I would try port forwarding on R2 instead of DMZ see if I get same results.

i have had duma since 2015 / 16 and its never been a max output device the r1 only supported up to 300mb i think the r2 only supports up to a gige right? my frontier fiber connection is 2g and my spectrum cable connection is 1g, frontier has a 5gige option but duma doesnt support it so it be money wasted in my opinion

so back to the game play if your dropping a gun ship your 15 / 16 kills in so your half way to the nuke. I would get excited and make it rain with score streaks and one of my friends told me wait to i die first back in like b02. Then when you get the nuke dont call that shit in to you die lol cause when you call it in you end the game so you just blew your PR. I think for mw2 my highest kill streak  was 105 or 115 before dying

5 hours ago, gamerukali said:

What do you mean you had to contact your isp for port forwarding ?

yeah you cant just put 192.168,1,1 in your browser and go into the routers settings, they have it locked so if you want to make changes like that you have to call in to your service provider if you have one of the providers i mentions and newer version of a modem / router from them

13 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

yeah you cant just put 192.168,1,1 in your browser and go into the routers settings, they have it locked so if you want to make changes like that you have to call in to your service provider if you have one of the providers i mentions and newer version of a modem / router from them

Spectrum allows port forwarding from ANDROID/IOS app only. Of course, if you're using their router. Linked a video demonstrating this below.

It does suck that many ISP in the US has gone this route. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7frRdlqE2XE

1 hour ago, Seye said:

Have got people reporting me now hahaha, I didnt that good but still.

Welcome to my world, check this out, i twitted and @'ed activision Microsoft Raven Infin and everyone else i can think of, i told them in my Conal McGreger ufc fighter voice

"How in the FOOK am i communication banned when i do not even have a mic plugged into my xbox!?!"

i use IEM's its literately impossible for me to talk in game and i dont even know how to use the text chat feature didnt even know this was a thing lol

0056316a-eb6a-47ab-ab59-da90ab0b4acd.jpeg

29 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Welcome to my world, check this out, i twitted and @'ed activision Microsoft Raven Infin and everyone else i can think of, i told them in my Conal McGreger ufc fighter voice

"How in the FOOK am i communication banned when i do not even have a mic plugged into my xbox!?!"

i use IEM's its literately impossible for me to talk in game and i dont even know how to use the text chat feature didnt even know this was a thing lol

I was even banned  for 3 days from Voice Chat although I never used a mic.😂 😂😂 Reporting is getting out of hands.

5 minutes ago, RiotControll said:

I was even banned  for 3 days from Voice Chat although I never used a mic.😂 😂😂 Reporting is getting out of hands.

Yeah its a complete mess, dont think they can get ricco to work right. everything got worse on there side when they added new name servers to block vpn and geo filter users

9 hours ago, Seye said:

Have got people reporting me now hahaha, I didnt that good but still.

Can you detail what settings you’re using now please? I believe we have similar setups (BT FTTP @ approx 150 down / 30 up) but I play on XSX.

As a side note, if you’re not using the R2 with geo filter at the moment, could it be that you’re getting placed on servers much further away and benefitting from lag compensation. There’s actually no way of knowing via the latency meter in game what servers we’re connecting to whilst it’s broken with the 1ms being displayed every game.

1 hour ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Can you detail what settings you’re using now please? I believe we have similar setups (BT FTTP @ approx 150 down / 30 up) but I play on XSX.

As a side note, if you’re not using the R2 with geo filter at the moment, could it be that you’re getting placed on servers much further away and benefitting from lag compensation. There’s actually no way of knowing via the latency meter in game what servers we’re connecting to whilst it’s broken with the 1ms being displayed every game.

the faster your connection the further the LCE puts you. if your going to use geo filter do not turn it on to your in the main lobby.

3 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

the faster your connection the further the LCE puts you. if your going to use geo filter do not turn it on to your in the main lobby.

I’m based in the UK and usually have my geo filter covering just the whole of EU. From what I’ve read on here and experienced in game about ping is not king in this game, it feels better to be on Spain or Italy servers than UK…however I can’t get XBL party chat to work if I use polygon mode for just Spain and Italy (in game chat is very poor quality so would be grateful to anyone who can explain how to get XBL party chat stable and working with geo filter enabled to Spain/Italy).

I’m not sure what the LCE is or what it does, but are you essentially saying that I’d be better off having geo filter set yo UK only for lower ping?

Also, would I be better off restricting my upload and download speeds with the QoS sliders? The servers have been total dog shit lately in COD so it’s hard to determine what the best settings should be used in the R2 when the servers are so inconsistent and unstable.

I’m also going to upgrade R2 firmware later today to the latest official version, as the comments about the early access version with SmartQoS don’t exactly fill me with much confidence that it would improve anything (yourself being one of the few exceptions)...however I’ll happily install the early access version instead if this is not correct and would actually make a difference in game.

38 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I’m based in the UK and usually have my geo filter covering just the whole of EU. From what I’ve read on here and experienced in game about ping is not king in this game

Ping is king but with mw 19 and up the lower the ping the higher sbmm to compensate for it

39 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

it feels better to be on Spain or Italy servers than UK…however I can’t get XBL party chat to work if I use polygon mode for just Spain and Italy (in game chat is very poor quality so would be grateful to anyone who can explain how to get XBL party chat stable and working with geo filter enabled to Spain/Italy).

start the game start your xbox party then turn on your geo filter, make sure you have all correct ports forwarded and upnp off, i would also get your home pin to the server you want to play on then set the circle to 200miles so you force the game to put you in that server only see how it feels if you like it stay there if you dont then close the game clear saved game data and profile then change the home pin and repeat. make sure you disable geo filter every time you close the game. if i want easier lobbies and not try as hard for me it the Washington server

44 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I’m not sure what the LCE is or what it does, but are you essentially saying that I’d be better off having geo filter set yo UK only for lower ping?

Lag compression engine.so the lower your ping is the more competitive the lag compression engine is going to make your lobbies

45 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Also, would I be better off restricting my upload and download speeds with the QoS sliders? The servers have been total dog shit lately in COD so it’s hard to determine what the best settings should be used in the R2 when the servers are so inconsistent and unstable.

you need to test and find out, for me when i play multiplayer i set the bandwidth to 30mb down and 10mb up for warzone i get bandwidth to 1gige and 50mb but i change the slider to 50% down and 90% up i actually have screen shots of this in the first post of this thread 

49 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I’m also going to upgrade R2 firmware later today to the latest official version, as the comments about the early access version with SmartQoS don’t exactly fill me with much confidence that it would improve anything (yourself being one of the few exceptions)...however I’ll happily install the early access version instead if this is not correct and would actually make a difference in game.

if you like tinkering around with things then update but if you want the most reliable build stick to 3.3.280

12 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I subscribed for 150 download and 30 upload package, with a 500 download trial for a month. When the trial expired I noticed my latency score was poor on C or sometimes D score on DSL report.

So I upgraded to 500mbps package, I noticed I got a constant A score on DLS report which got me 🤔 

I did call up BT to fine tune my line to improve my latency  score and ping. On the 150 package my latency score was C and ping is 8 nothing changed.

Then upgraded to 500 package for addition £4, DSL report score improved instantly to A and ping is 2. 

I'm not using NetdumaR2 I disconnected it since it started not detecting my actual bandwidth speed more like half my speed was uncounted for, it was messing up things weren't right all of a sudden just tired of factory resetting etc besides I had guest over so I switched back to my BT smart hub 2 till my guest leave, added cod port numbers that's it turned off DMZ and both UPnP options made sure I got NAT type 1 which is open NAT type haven't looked back since it's been awesome.

At the moment the game is in a mess so I can't tell for sure if I'm more on local game servers or not 95% I'm paired with none english players may be 1 in everyone 10 games mostly Russians, German's etc but gameplay is fantastic.

11 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

I don't think this is always the case, I was in 70 download on fibre to cabinet then to property for over 8 years couldn't upgrade dude to the infrastructure on the property was limited, moved house switched to fibre to property on 150 dl then upgraded to 500dl.

Latency is been the same, if I use R2 then I get far less.

8 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I’m based in the UK and usually have my geo filter covering just the whole of EU. From what I’ve read on here and experienced in game about ping is not king in this game, it feels better to be on Spain or Italy servers than UK…however I can’t get XBL party chat to work if I use polygon mode for just Spain and Italy (in game chat is very poor quality so would be grateful to anyone who can explain how to get XBL party chat stable and working with geo filter enabled to Spain/Italy).

My honest opinion nothing is certain or consistent when it comes to cod games especially MW or warzone using netduma. What works now could stop next few games or next day hence you keep changing settings every other day, my experience not saying this happens to everyone. There are days the default settings just works best for me after a factory reset, other times a little tweak here and there gives me solid upper hand over players like they are 10 seconds behind at times I be like what was this guy thinking.

I don't know if it's sbmm at play messing with you to give other players better chance of beating you at the game, I can swear the game punishes me for been good at the game.

At times I feel super slow in moving other times I feel tactical sprint doesn't work, I get out played by player I know on a normal day wouldn't stand a chance against me. Friends I have played with also share same experience, at the moment I haven't experienced random stuff happening using ISP router and hit detection is really good.

Gets me thinking is Activision also punishing people using netduma devices or anything that gives you advantage over others hence putting you on lobbies further away with high latency etc. Just my thought.

27 minutes ago, Seye said:

I don't think this is always the case, I was in 70 download on fibre to cabinet then to property for over 8 years couldn't upgrade dude to the infrastructure on the property was limited, moved house switched to fibre to property on 150 dl then upgraded to 500dl.

Latency is been the same, if I use R2 then I get far less.

I was not referring to latency. I was referring to ping and sbmm. MW3 2011 and older call of duty's who ever had highest ping had priority. They reversed the lag compression engine the next year for call of duty ghost and all the titles after that. For geo filter you need to test it, for me if i have geo filter enabled before i start the game if i try playing multiplayer or br it puts be in lobbies in EU starting at 160 ping

15 minutes ago, Seye said:

My honest opinion nothing is certain or consistent when it comes to cod games especially MW or warzone using netduma. What works now could stop next few games or next day hence you keep changing settings every other day

The beauty to the DUMA you can change the majority of the settings on the fly

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

For geo filter you need to test it, for me if i have geo filter enabled before i start the game if i try playing multiplayer or br it puts be in lobbies in EU starting at 160 ping

If you have your geo filter set to a radius that excludes EU then how does the game force you on to EU servers? Isn’t that the point of using geo filter in the first place…or am I missing something?

The above post where i talk about the name severs activsion added to stop people from VPN'ing. If the name server does not connect the handshake then it basically tries to put you in a shadow banned server  and because you have your geo filer enable you never find a game unless you click on the server its trying to put you in and allow it

11 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

The above post where i talk about the name severs activsion added to stop people from VPN'ing. If the name server does not connect the handshake then it basically tries to put you in a shadow banned server  and because you have your geo filer enable you never find a game unless you click on the server its trying to put you in and allow it

Obviously we use different setups and may be speaking at cross purposes…however I’ve never used a VPN but do use geo filter over EU every day. I’ve never been placed in a shadow banned server (as far as I’m aware) and have never been unable to find a game. The only times I can’t find games (or have to wait a long time) is if I disable crossplay and set geo filter to just allow Spain/Italy, and that is purely down to the population of Xbox only players with crossplay off being low in those countries.

3 hours ago, Seye said:

Lobby was full of try hards, I noticed lately the game has been giving very bad or low level team mates but in the end I pulled true.

I wish i had enemies as bad as the teammates that get placed on my team i usually drop 40 plus in multiplayer and the rest will have 12 kills or less with 40 plus deaths or more

On 4/21/2023 at 8:03 AM, K0NSPIRACY said:

Last few weeks i been alternating between the 2 smart qos buids and official firmware and for me personally im finding more consistsnt games with official firmware. I dont no but something not right woth the smart qos im getting more inconsisntst games

3 hours ago, gamerukali said:

Last few weeks i been alternating between the 2 smart qos buids and official firmware and for me personally im finding more consistsnt games with official firmware. I dont no but something not right woth the smart qos im getting more inconsisntst games

Thanks for the info. Yeah I’ve seen quite a few negative comments so I’m just going to upgrade to the official latest version. My in game experience with R2 is pretty solid…just a shame that the in game servers are so bad, so as it stands it’s literally impossible to determine if any version of DumaOS is helping or not because the servers are so inconsistent game to game.