SmartQoS Version 2 is unfair!!!

On 4/21/2023 at 9:56 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

Ping is king but with mw 19 and up the lower the ping the higher sbmm to compensate for it

start the game start your xbox party then turn on your geo filter, make sure you have all correct ports forwarded and upnp off, i would also get your home pin to the server you want to play on then set the circle to 200miles so you force the game to put you in that server only see how it feels if you like it stay there if you dont then close the game clear saved game data and profile then change the home pin and repeat. make sure you disable geo filter every time you close the game. if i want easier lobbies and not try as hard for me it the Washington server

Lag compression engine.so the lower your ping is the more competitive the lag compression engine is going to make your lobbies

you need to test and find out, for me when i play multiplayer i set the bandwidth to 30mb down and 10mb up for warzone i get bandwidth to 1gige and 50mb but i change the slider to 50% down and 90% up i actually have screen shots of this in the first post of this thread 

if you like tinkering around with things then update but if you want the most reliable build stick to 3.3.280

What helped me was applying what you mentioned in other posts:

- disable upnp

-open the ports

- dmz server off

- mtu size

- and I have traffic prioritization turned on as game console

PXL_20230422_130720928.jpg

2 hours ago, Fuzy said:

I can understand port forwarding! But the modification of the MTU downwards... I remain flabbergasted!

smaller mtu manipulates the packet size and makes cod think you have a much slower connection to the server then what you actually do

Just upgraded R2 to 3.3.280 and currently setting up all my devices again.

I see it’s been mentioned a few times that it’s best to disable UPnP. When I’ve done that in the past my Xbox has been unable to acquire a Teredo IP address which I believe is required for XBL chat.

A couple of questions…

1. What settings/rules do I need to configure for Xbox Series X to function properly on XBL and CODMW2?

2. Will disabling UPnP impact any of my other devices? If so, is it just a simple case of assigning them static IPs in Network Settings > DHCP?

Thanks in advance for any advice 😎👍

Edit: previously I’ve followed the advice from Netduma admins and set up my R2 and Xbox as follows:

1.Add R2 IP in to DMZ on BT Homehub.

2. Add Xbox IP in to DMZ on R2.

If I don’t add Xbox in to DMZ on R2 and have UPnP disabled, then is it just port forwarding rules that I need to add?

Please note: I have also assigned static IPs to all my devices (including Xbox) in to DHCP settings on R2.

Edit2: forwarded recommended ports for Xbox/MW2 and connects fine with open NAT. Haven’t play tested MW2 or tested XBL chat yet.

5 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I see it’s been mentioned a few times that it’s best to disable UPnP. When I’ve done that in the past my Xbox has been unable to acquire a Teredo IP address which I believe is required for XBL chat

Teredo IP is upnp tying to use ports to open nat type for multiple devices, turn off upnp then port forward correct ports, Reboot your r2, while your r2 is rebooting then power cycle your xbox off (while console is on, Hold power button for 30 seconds then let got unplug power cable from console then hold power button for another 10 seconds to cycle power completely out of the power supply then plug back in and turn on) This will clear teredo out of the upnp section of the duma

1. What settings/rules do I need to configure for Xbox Series X to function properly on XBL and CODMW2?

Google is your friend but here you go, do not use 443 amd 3478-3480 if you do not use VPN

image.thumb.png.e5200a2b828b7fd5cbf4a2e2709b7aca.png

2. Will disabling UPnP impact any of my other devices? If so, is it just a simple case of assigning them static IPs in Network Settings > DHCP?

Yes

2. Add Xbox IP in to DMZ on R2.

i would not recommend this, only do this if your completely have no clue to what your doing and you do not want to try to figure out it, i honestly would recommend leaving upnp on over dmz'ing your gaming device

If I don’t add Xbox in to DMZ on R2 and have UPnP disabled, then is it just port forwarding rules that I need to add?

Please note: I have also assigned static IPs to all my devices (including Xbox) in to DHCP settings on R2.

yes and a couple other tweaks. i also have posted every setting i have used in the begging of this thread step by step

4 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Teredo IP is upnp tying to use ports to open nat type for multiple devices, turn off upnp then port forward correct ports, Reboot your r2, while your r2 is rebooting then power cycle your xbox off (while console is on, Hold power button for 30 seconds then let got unplug power cable from console then hold power button for another 10 seconds to cycle power completely out of the power supply then plug back in and turn on) This will clear teredo out of the upnp section of the duma

Google is your friend but here you go, do not use 443 amd 3478-3480 if you do not use VPN

image.thumb.png.e5200a2b828b7fd5cbf4a2e2709b7aca.png

Yes

i would not recommend this, only do this if your completely have no clue to what your doing and you do not want to try to figure out it, i honestly would recommend leaving upnp on over dmz'ing your gaming device

yes and a couple other tweaks. i also have posted every setting i have used in the begging of this thread step by step

Thanks. I’ve done all that but struggling to see your ports on the image…I’ve just used the ports recommended on Activision and Microsoft websites. Are there any other ports that should be forwarded other than those?

Whats your take on QoS? Leave at 100% or use sliders?

19 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

smaller mtu manipulates the packet size and makes cod think you have a much slower connection to the server then what you actually do

Ok, but how can you be sure of the correct support for modifying the MTU at the upstream R2 level...?

9 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Thanks. I’ve done all that but struggling to see your ports on the image

image.thumb.png.ed711fd056459ad7bc852ef75e242525.png

9 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Whats your take on QoS? Leave at 100% or use sliders?

👇

14 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

4 hours ago, Fuzy said:

Ok, but how can you be sure of the correct support for modifying the MTU at the upstream R2 level...?

Real world environment testing...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Thecr0w1987 said:

What is smart qos2

In essence:

"Smart QoS replaces the Bandwidth Allocation and Traffic Prioritisation features in our existing QoS. Thanks to its knowledge of each activity’s bandwidth requirements for different levels of quality, Smart QoS automatically adjusts itself according to your preferences - minimising the amount of bandwidth each application uses while still maintaining maximum quality. 

Put simply, Smart QoS ensures every priority in your home gets exactly what it needs for the best possible experience."

Just a quick note…

I don’t think UDP port 3075 needs to be forwarded for COD MW2/WZ2. It’s not listed on Microsoft website and is only listed on Activision website for previous titles.

The game felt pretty smooth tonight and had no issues in game or chat, so is there any additional benefit to add UDP 3075 to port forwarding?

3 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Just a quick note…

I don’t think UDP port 3075 needs to be forwarded for COD MW2/WZ2. It’s not listed on Microsoft website and is only listed on Activision website for previous titles.

The game felt pretty smooth tonight and had no issues in game or chat, so is there any additional benefit to add UDP 3075 to port forwarding?

UDP protocol when used over PORT 3075 makes possible the transmission of a datagram message from one computer to an application running in another computer (not all servers use 3074) 

8 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Real world environment testing...

ok, so you never checked upstream on the Wan side that the modification of the MTU is taken into account, so a simple assumption!

On 4/24/2023 at 10:30 PM, TODDzillaInLA said:

It’s called fragmenting and that means your router has to also reconstruct and slows packet forwarding which means you have higher latency on your network. 
the MTU size is incoming and outgoing so your network suffers so info is slower to show on your side on incoming. 

broken packets is a bad move and widely known. The R2 is not going handle that well. All traffic not just COD will be fragmented so everything on the network will be having issues like IoT and so on. Poor network practice and poor understanding that their side can rebuild without issues which is the COD server as they run equipment where it’s not effected unlike our routers.

And I quote from Cisco

Reassembly on a host is not considered a problem because the host has the time and memory resources to devote to this task.

Reassembly, however, is inefficient on a router whose primary job is to forward packets as quickly as possible.

A router is not designed to hold on to packets for any length of time.

13 hours ago, Fuzy said:

ok, so you never checked upstream on the Wan side that the modification of the MTU is taken into account, so a simple assumption!

Yes i have i also have a botnet thats why i know it manipulates its. if you want to be sure for your self test and find out

10 hours ago, Newfie said:

It’s called fragmenting and that means your router has to also reconstruct and slows packet forwarding which means you have higher latency on your network. 
the MTU size is incoming and outgoing so your network suffers so info is slower to show on your side on incoming. 

broken packets is a bad move and widely known. The R2 is not going handle that well. All traffic not just COD will be fragmented so everything on the network will be having issues like IoT and so on. Poor network practice and poor understanding that their side can rebuild without issues which is the COD server as they run equipment where it’s not effected unlike our routers.

And I quote from Cisco

Reassembly on a host is not considered a problem because the host has the time and memory resources to devote to this task.

Reassembly, however, is inefficient on a router whose primary job is to forward packets as quickly as possible.

A router is not designed to hold on to packets for any length of time.

its Datagram over udp and the goal is to trick cods LCE into giving you better gaming experience, not complaining about  2+2=4

Il y a 12 heures, TODDzillaInLA a déclaré:

son Datagramme sur udp et le but est de tromper les morues LCE pour vous offrir une meilleure expérience de jeu, sans se plaindre de 2 + 2 = 4

😔😔😔😔

Il y a 5 minutes, Fuzy a déclaré:

Il admettra jamais qu’il a tort malheureusement... 😂

La théorie dit qu’être nombreux à avoir tort ne signifie pas avoir raison. La pratique montre le contraire

2 hours ago, Nofear said:

« Il est préferable d'affronter une fois dans sa vie un danger que l'on craint que de vivre dans le soin éternel de l'éviter. »

Sade.