Netduma VS. Lagbuster features

II N3MES1S II

I love my Netduma and it works great but I heard about this other product called l*gb*ster and want to know if the netduma does or has the features the l*gb*ster has or does the l*gb*ster actually have something the netduma doesn't have?

I ask this because I have the chance to pick up a l*gb*ster for less than half the cost and wanted to know if using both would be beneficial.

I saw a video on YT of a guy using both and going 50-1 and just wanted to know if using both make a difference at all.

If the netduma does what the l*gb*ster does and/or better then there is no need for me to get the l*gb*ster..

• Netduma Staff

From what I've seen, the lag buster only really has two features. The other features aren't really features. It has a bandwidth monitor (which the Netduma has) and also something which claims to get rid of lag comp by adding loads of ping to your network and  throttling your connection. Tbh, I think the last feature is just cheating to use it cause you're abusing the game.

I don't think you're have much of an advantage with the lag buster as well - it definitely doesn't have the features the Netduma has :)

Read this review of the l*gb*ster on the IGN website

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/08/10/l*gb*ster-review

You will see that the l*gb*ster is essentially a high quality, high priced QOS device.

It will not get you lower latency to a server or host, it simply prioritises bandwidth on your LAN, to give your gaming device priority.

The claims made in the l*gb*ster video and his interpretation of Lag Compensation, are odd.

"Lag Compensation", is the netcode part of a Multiplayer on line game that allows players with different Latencies ( due to distance ) to have a fair game. The software will compensate for these differences, so the players with lower latencies do not have an unfair advantage over players with higher latencies.   

As far as what the l*gb*ster seems to do, The Netduma R1 performs the same function and allows you to manage the bandwidth sharing on your LAN, so I don't see that this $200 l*gb*ster device making any difference to that.

I can tell you that the Netduma works exactly as advertised. I would suggest that you wait and see on this l*gb*ster device.

Personally, I am  a bit sceptical.

From what I've seen, the lag buster only really has two features. The other features aren't really features. It has a bandwidth monitor (which the Netduma has) and also something which claims to get rid of lag comp by adding loads of ping to your network and  throttling your connection. Tbh, I think the last feature is just cheating to use it cause you're abusing the game.

I don't think you're have much of an advantage with the lag buster as well - it definitely doesn't have the features the Netduma has :)

So the l*gb*ster has a feature that adds ping but the Netduma doesn't have this feature?

Yes, because it is classed as cheating and Netduma is anti-cheating.

Thanks for letting me know that but like procreate said, it's not really cheating. So would using a l*gb*ster and Netduma together create an even better experience?

Lets say I have it connected correctly and I jump on COD and set my geo filter to only 400 miles away from me and set the ping to 30, then use the l*gb*ster to faux the ping to 60.

Would that then create an ultra buttery smooth, with no questions asked game?

I'm trying to reduce the lag compensation in COD.

the l*gb*ster was great just didnt have many features but before mines broke i used it with the netduma and dominated lobbies 

I don't think by doing something on your end that offsets poor lag compensation as cheating. I load down my network for MW3 to make it very playable. Usually just live stream it or DL a torrent.

You  have two choices:

1) Exploit the netcode (lag comp) by adding latency to your game, so you can take advantage of the way players with high pings can compete and beat low ping players, supposedly.

2) Be a low ping player a.k.a. Netduma user. 

I choose number two...

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for letting me know that but like procreate said, it's not really cheating. So would using a l*gb*ster and Netduma together create an even better experience?

Lets say I have it connected correctly and I jump on COD and set my geo filter to only 400 miles away from me and set the ping to 30, then use the l*gb*ster to faux the ping to 60.

Would that then create an ultra buttery smooth, with no questions asked game?

I'm trying to reduce the lag compensation in COD.

Well the whole point of the Netduma is to get a low ping games but if you then add 60ms of ping with the lag buster, it sort of defeats the point of using the Netduma in the first place doesn't it? Couldn't you just turn the Netduma GeoFilter off so that you connect to high ping games in the first place?

• Netduma Staff

I don't think by doing something on your end that offsets poor lag compensation as cheating.

I disagree. Doing this exploits a core part of the game and imo that's cheating. If others want to do it, idc. But if I play a game and stomp people during it, I definitely wouldn't feel like that was a good game because I would've had a big advantage.

Oh my.. I'll make it simple.
You CAN get high pings with the Netduma too.
All you have to do is move your location in the Geo-filter to another region. (find one where you'll get roughly 60ms ping or whatever makes you get the advantage) Then, you'll only connect to the locals there and therefore, chances are, you're the only one with the high ping vs them with the low pings. There you go. You can now take advantage of the Lag Compensation's Net Code.

Thus, the l*gb*ster is now obsolete.
Netduma gives you choices on the way you want to play.

I agre with Crossy. Any sort of manipulation of your connection its not ok.

Take netduma for example all they do is tell yes or no to the matchmaking system when its offering you a looby. No manipulation here just give you self a choice.

Now adding a latency to your connection to use in game mechanic to you advantage its cheating imo.

Take Lukasz on his word. We choose the Netduma because we want an all-rounded balanced and FAIR game. Whereby since you are all close to each other, if you win the gunfight between you and the other person, then we can, as much as possible, say that our skills are better than our opponent as opposed to because the game's Net Code helped us out.
It should inadvertently give you a sense of pride on your own skills and gameplay as opposed to beating someone because you have the upperhand of the Net Code that made everyone else react slower than you.

I read somewhere the l*gb*ster fakes the latency so your ping you use on your netduma stays the same.

Anyway just wanted to know about the l*gb*ster someone wants to sell. I already have the netduma and I know its awesomeness.

Couldn't you just turn the Netduma GeoFilter off so that you connect to high ping games in the first place?

Or move your home to another country :)

Woops did i say that out loud........ dam it.

It doesnt work all that well as you still connect to the dedi nearest to you.

You could VPN to a far away place and try that but as mentioned its altering the true fact of lag comp and how its meant to work and isnt right.

Best part of the duma, for the most part i can see all the players and thier pings, if i see someone skipping around the map, its report time. And i love reporting.

1 of these days Activision is going to ask me to either prove cheating or stop reporting everyone.

i have both and they work well together whenever i put them together 

Sell your lag buster to another fool.

Duma can achieve the same result and its cash in your pocket then.

the l*gb*ster is a waste of money, every feature it has can be done with OpenWRT or pfSense both are free...

The duma actually runs on OpenWRT and could easily do the same features...but since this isn't a hacking or cheating device, they don't do the shady things that don't actually even work that well or often...

l*gb*ster works on one simple fact: Netcode will always be the same between games...

Issue it changes all the time even with just updates to a single game...save your money for those magic beans, they'll be worth more than that paperweight...

The Duma gives me low ping matches from 15ms to 20ms with a tight geo and ping assist off, it plays like a dream on ghosts mw and bops .

Adding more latency to this in my eyes is crazy.

The Duma gives me low ping matches from 15ms to 20ms with a tight geo and ping assist off, it plays like a dream on ghosts mw and bops .

Adding more latency to this in my eyes is crazy.

That's the irony, though.

The netcode is so bad in AW and the BO2 branch of the enigne... including BO3... That people with higher pings have an advantage, somehow.

I don't know the exact science, but my guess is because they are slower (in terms of ping / distance), the game has to adjust everything on its (server) end and this is what can screw low ping players. It's basically nullifying the lower ping players version of the game in order to make it "fair" for the high ping players. It's ass backwards, but this advantage exists as many have reported playing with bad (wi-fi; downloading big files; etc.) connections and dominating when in other games they would be at a disadvantage the way they should be.

i have both and they work well together whenever i put them together 

Kevo do you use the feature to increase your ping on the l*gb*ster?

I know you don't use the l*gb*ster anymore but want to know why if they worked so well together?

Not sure if you had anything set up right though since you said you don't know too much about networking in a video.

Sell your lag buster to another fool.

Duma can achieve the same result and its cash in your pocket then.

i been had the l*gb*ster before the netduma even came out 

Archived