NOLAG VPN issues

philo3391

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you certain the VPN server is showing up on the Geo-Filter and it's not a game server instead?

Hi Fraser,

for example when i select hawaii from nolag.

when i ue express vpn and select any country it shows up in game as that selected country.

my in game geo loaction is canada. 

my local server is eu not canada just wondering have others had the same issue

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Oh I see, are you using it through HybridVPN? If so how have you added your device to HybridVPN?

Hi Fraser yes i use hybrid vpn. i am on ps5 and have done all the steps as having it as a TV adding my ports etc etc and back to ps5. its only with nolag so i guess ill stick to express

• Administrators

You don't necessarily need to add it as a TV and add ports, keep it as a PlayStation and it will be appeared greyed out and apply to the whole device - are you following the guide from the user in the other topic?

NOLAG does no work that way, its not a real vpn service. why the ping is low when using no lag, and if your on ps5 how are you getting nolag to work? with express you can manual config to the dumas hybrid vpn section, nolag you have to run the app on pc, then hot spot the console to it if you want to use it that way

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't necessarily need to add it as a TV and add ports, keep it as a PlayStation and it will be appeared greyed out and apply to the whole device - are you following the guide from the user in the other topic?

Nolag vpn service doesnt work on playstation or xbox only pc i think thats why he having issues. It says it on their website if not mistaken. 

On 3/10/2022 at 3:52 PM, zman1156 said:

Nolag vpn service doesnt work on playstation or xbox only pc i think thats why he having issues. It says it on their website if not mistaken. 

incorrect. it works with username and password a 1 as stated on their website

On 3/9/2022 at 4:29 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

yes i followed the other topic. to keep the ping low i added those ports. you reckon dont do that and just grey out the whole ps5? what benefits will that give ?

1 hour ago, philo3391 said:

yes i followed the other topic. to keep the ping low i added those ports. you reckon dont do that and just grey out the whole ps5? what benefits will that give ?

It's just not intended functionality to VPN specific ports from a console in Hybrid VPN, so we don't know how well it'll work. It will be easier to VPN the whole device  as Fraser mentions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 5:05 AM, nightstorm said:

So fun fact... TCP port 443 is now used for geolocation in general, not just on console. It used to be done on UDP port 3074 and I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out why it wasn't successfully spoofing my region anymore. You just inadvertently solved my issue :D

But circling back to OP's problem - imo the best solution is configure Hybrid VPN with an OpenVPN config file from Express VPN, then set it up to only route TCP port 443 and UDP port 3074 (UDP 3074 is still used for matchmaking traffic).

Voila! You now have the same functionality that NoLag VPN provides for much less money. And I see no reason why it wouldn't work on console.

Thank you so much - this was exactly what I needed, and I wasn't even looking for it! I've been using one of the Warzone specific VPN services on my PC and that worked okay, but I felt more and more the algorithm must detect all of those accounts using the same few IPs to connect, some lobbies were.. strange.

But now I can use my own VPN and also use it on console! Works perfect, just tested it on a PS4. Only note is that you need to change the type of device in Netduma to PC, if it's Playstation it will not let you alter the mode / use "add service".

PS: How did you figure out the exact ports if I may ask? Via a tool like Wireshark?

1 hour ago, Slow-Scoper said:

Thank you so much - this was exactly what I needed, and I wasn't even looking for it! I've been using one of the Warzone specific VPN services on my PC and that worked okay, but I felt more and more the algorithm must detect all of those accounts using the same few IPs to connect, some lobbies were.. strange.

But now I can use my own VPN and also use it on console! Works perfect, just tested it on a PS4. Only note is that you need to change the type of device in Netduma to PC, if it's Playstation it will not let you alter the mode / use "add service".

PS: How did you figure out the exact ports if I may ask? Via a tool like Wireshark?

I've messed around with Wireshark a bit but find Netlimiter is much easier to use for this type of thing. It will show a list of all connections that are open on your system (sorted by what program is making the connections) and what IP/port they are using as well as how much bandwidth they are using.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 12:15 PM, xDOT48 said:

Here is a video on how to get NoLagVpn working on consoles! 

Just to clarify, Do you live in India?

This configuration, works with any VPN, no need for nolag...

In addition to fill all the ports useful to the xbox, come back to put the xbox entirely at the level of the HVPN. No need to bother filling them in manually!

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2022 at 4:35 AM, Fuzy said:

Just to clarify, Do you live in India?

This configuration, works with any VPN, no need for nolag...

In addition to fill all the ports useful to the xbox, come back to put the xbox entirely at the level of the HVPN. No need to bother filling them in manually!

The benefit from nolag to like express is that nolag does not have all the security bloot to kill you ping

• 2 months later...

Have had a few people dm me about the nolag setup video being removed for console, anyone know if there is another video for it, i think i remember the steps if they need to be posted if there is no more video

I'm a total newbie at this and have just managed to set up nolag in hybrid for my series X. When using geo filter where should I set the location to? Do I set it to the same area that my nolag VPN is set to or do I set it to where I'm located? Thanks

2 hours ago, jonnyg56 said:

Eu sou um novato nisso e acabei de configurar o nolag no híbrido para minha série X. Ao usar o filtro geográfico, onde devo definir o local? Eu configuro para a mesma área que minha VPN nolag está configurada ou configuro para onde estou localizado? Obrigado

Friend I may be talking nonsense, but if I turn on the geo filter here my ping goes to the heights I'm for Brazil and I use the location of South Africa.