NOLAG VPN issues

philo3391

5 hours ago, jonnyg56 said:

I'm a total newbie at this and have just managed to set up nolag in hybrid for my series X. When using geo filter where should I set the location to? Do I set it to the same area that my nolag VPN is set to or do I set it to where I'm located? Thanks

Set it to the country you are trying to play in. And turn your ping down to zero 

1 hour ago, philo3391 said:

Set it to the country you are trying to play in. And turn your ping down to zero 

Thanks philo, I will.....

Bit of a steep learning curve and trying to make sense of it all.   I have no idea if nolag VPN is actually doing its thing all I know is its taken me 2 days to get to this point and my NAT type seems to be open 👍

I've not even played a game yet 😂

9 minutes ago, jonnyg56 said:

Thanks philo, I will.....

Bit of a steep learning curve and trying to make sense of it all.   I have no idea if nolag VPN is actually doing its thing all I know is its taken me 2 days to get to this point and my NAT type seems to be open 👍

I've not even played a game yet 😂

Send me a dm of all the steps you have done and I'll have a look. Open NAT is always good but you want to spoof your geo location also if that's what your trying to do. Have you down anything with your portc TCP/UDP ? 

39 minutes ago, philo3391 said:

Send me a dm of all the steps you have done and I'll have a look. Open NAT is always good but you want to spoof your geo location also if that's what your trying to do. Have you down anything with your portc TCP/UDP ? 

No i havent, i will DM you now thankyou 👍

1 hour ago, philo3391 said:

👋any help on the port set up, I added those ports mentioned above but my location is now exposed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
25 minutes ago, RosBuck said:

Thanks for the info. I am also facing the same error.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Try the suggestion here:

On 4/4/2022 at 4:05 AM, nightstorm said:

So fun fact... TCP port 443 is now used for geolocation in general, not just on console. It used to be done on UDP port 3074 and I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out why it wasn't successfully spoofing my region anymore. You just inadvertently solved my issue :D

But circling back to OP's problem - imo the best solution is configure Hybrid VPN with an OpenVPN config file from Express VPN, then set it up to only route TCP port 443 and UDP port 3074 (UDP 3074 is still used for matchmaking traffic).

Voila! You now have the same functionality that NoLag VPN provides for much less money. And I see no reason why it wouldn't work on console.

VPN traffic.png

• 9 months later...

i know this is an old thread but i added everything correctly. i copied the entire config file, used 1 as user and pass. and it says failed. 

i can provide logs if needed. i just want to be able to use this lol

6 hours ago, averrrry said:

i know this is an old thread but i added everything correctly. i copied the entire config file, used 1 as user and pass. and it says failed. 

what gaming device are you using? and what router?

• Administrators
19 hours ago, averrrry said:

I suspect it probably has something to do with this: 

"No, NoLagVPN only works on PC. It is not compatible with Playstation or Xbox, even by using a computer or a Mac to share the connection."

So it may be they've adjusted the configs to only work on a PC.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I suspect it probably has something to do with this: 

"No, NoLagVPN only works on PC. It is not compatible with Playstation or Xbox, even by using a computer or a Mac to share the connection."

So it may be they've adjusted the configs to only work on a PC.

nah, i got it to work, you just have to have the correct ports set for the gaming device he i using, and he also needs to be on a firmware that has hybrid vpn working, there is a few before this last one that didnt allow the vpn to work thats if he is on a r2, but i have so many people that dm me for help and do not even own a duma

On 7/28/2023 at 9:34 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

nah, i got it to work, you just have to have the correct ports set for the gaming device he i using, and he also needs to be on a firmware that has hybrid vpn working, there is a few before this last one that didnt allow the vpn to work thats if he is on a r2, but i have so many people that dm me for help and do not even own a duma

so i’m on xbox series s, with the r2 on the latest firmware. 

i opened all the correct ports on VPN side for xbox call of duty and it still says failee. idk what could be causing it

On 7/29/2023 at 6:34 PM, averrrry said:

so i’m on xbox series s, with the r2 on the latest firmware. 

i opened all the correct ports on VPN side for xbox call of duty and it still says failee. idk what could be causing it

whos vpn script are you trying to use and what ports do you have forwarded under hybrid and also under device manage you have to have the xbox set as gaming console so you can actually add the vpn ports

On 7/31/2023 at 10:40 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

whos vpn script are you trying to use and what ports do you have forwarded under hybrid and also under device manage you have to have the xbox set as gaming console so you can actually add the vpn ports

apologies about the late response guys, i am using nolag vpn, kenya. i tried nigeria as well.

i changed the device to a pc, tried tv as well. i even tried changing it back to xbox after opening the ports

not sure what this issue could be, it seems like i'm not the only one with these issues according to this forum lol

dumaconfig.png

Kenya - Warzone 2.0 (3).ovpn

You have the wrong ports VPN'd..... 443 TCP & 3074 UDP is all you need as Netduma Fraser has already mentioned. In my honest opinion you are wasting your time and money.

Edit:

After reading my comment it sounded harsh 🤣

You will get the odd bot lobby but you will also get sweatie lobbies. It really is hit and miss, well it is for me anyway.

It's just not worth the hassle, if you are going to do it just use a standard VPN service that supplies .cfg files.