xr 1000 Router stops working every 2 days

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@jaydensyou won't brick the router by doing a factory reset so it is certainly worth a try - we always recommend to do so after a firmware upgrade to clear out any issues carrying over from the previous version.

I've actually been contacted by Telstra today and they said they noticed a connection cut on my network that they didn't notice before, they said it's most likely due to an issue they are having on there end... So i dont think its the router anymore i believe Telstra messed up when i contacted them about the issue and just skipped over it, they asked me to see if it cuts anymore and so far 17 hours and not a single disconnect.. I'd be really mad if they made the mistake and tried to blame it on the router when they didn't do there job correctly! i will keep you guys updated and if the disconnects stop then we know its the providers fault and misdiagnosis  

Currently having an issue with QoS... so this was working before but now after doing the changes to fix the providers issue maybe caused the upload limiter on QoS to stop working? ive rebooted the router a few times yet my other devices are still using max upload, and its causing very bad lag, any ideas to fix this? cheers boys 
86d15e9070087c81b999fd392fcce8cc.png
https://gyazo.com/86d15e9070087c81b999fd392fcce8cc
And weirdly she claims she isnt even on her phone doing anything yet it says she using literally every bit of upload and it goes up and down 

• Administrators

Could you double check the QoS page that the Congestion Control percentages you have set through the dashboard are saying the same value? Have you made any custom Traffic Prioritization or Traffic Controller rules?

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you double check the QoS page that the Congestion Control percentages you have set through the dashboard are saying the same value? Have you made any custom Traffic Prioritization or Traffic Controller rules?

yes its the same on the qos page, and yes i have traffic Prioritization for my pc, but its just weird it was working fine last week and the only changes we made was the changing dns and whatever the other thing was.
download limit works, but upload does not fyi.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, jaydens said:

yes its the same on the qos page, and yes i have traffic Prioritization for my pc, but its just weird it was working fine last week and the only changes we made was the changing dns and whatever the other thing was.
download limit works, but upload does not fyi.

Are you using PPPoE/VLAN/IPv6 or DHCP identifiers by any chance?

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using PPPoE/VLAN/IPv6 or DHCP identifiers by any chance?

uhh not that i know of, everything on the router is default besides what me and you changed a few days ago

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, jaydens said:

uhh not that i know of, everything on the router is default besides what me and you changed a few days ago

Very odd, could you disable QoS completely in the Congestion Control :menu wait 30 seconds, then re-enable it and see if devices adhere to the percentage set please?

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Very odd, could you disable QoS completely in the Congestion Control :menu wait 30 seconds, then re-enable it and see if devices adhere to the percentage set please?

Tried and it seems upload still doesnt wanna work, could it be something todo with that message that gets spammed in the logs? 
b8697673e894415020bf88d1dc164eb7.png
https://gyazo.com/b8697673e894415020bf88d1dc164eb7

48 minutes ago, jaydens said:

Tried and it seems upload still doesnt wanna work, could it be something todo with that message that gets spammed in the logs? 
b8697673e894415020bf88d1dc164eb7.png
https://gyazo.com/b8697673e894415020bf88d1dc164eb7

Are all devices not limited by this or is it just the iPhone that's the problem?

Are you able to go to the iPhone Wi-Fi settings and tap the (i) icon next to the XR Wi-Fi network. From there, disable Private Addresses and see if that resolves it.

20 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are all devices not limited by this or is it just the iPhone that's the problem?

Are you able to go to the iPhone Wi-Fi settings and tap the (i) icon next to the XR Wi-Fi network. From there, disable Private Addresses and see if that resolves it.

all devices are not limited, pc laptops tv foxtel.

37 minutes ago, jaydens said:

all devices are not limited, pc laptops tv foxtel.

When you notice this problem happening, could you please go to QoS -> Traffic Prio and check to see if any of those rules have a red light next to them? That might indicate our problem.

On 6/16/2022 at 11:06 PM, Netduma Liam said:

When you notice this problem happening, could you please go to QoS -> Traffic Prio and check to see if any of those rules have a red light next to them? That might indicate our problem.

i turned off the default ones, and only have my PC enabled for traffic prio, but i will check next time i notice the upload not being limited and inform what i see

• 2 weeks later...

update. all day the internet has been so bad its honestly unplayable, 1 person even using 300kb/s of network causes insane lag spikes, the upload still is broken, and me setting the download limit to anything STILL causes lag spikes no matter what, if there is nothing demanding internet its fine, playing csgo has a somewhat stable 50-60 ping, second something wants to update or your phone is loading Instagram pages just spikes from 60 ping to 100+ and is just constantly jittering, almost as if its not doing anything to stop my ping from spiking, 
log is from tonight when the upload limit didnt do anything, 7:14pm
I really have no idea what's going on at this point, it seems the router isn't helping at all with anything that i bought the thing for. 

log-1656321296238.txt

3 hours ago, jaydens said:

update. all day the internet has been so bad its honestly unplayable, 1 person even using 300kb/s of network causes insane lag spikes, the upload still is broken, and me setting the download limit to anything STILL causes lag spikes no matter what, if there is nothing demanding internet its fine, playing csgo has a somewhat stable 50-60 ping, second something wants to update or your phone is loading Instagram pages just spikes from 60 ping to 100+ and is just constantly jittering, almost as if its not doing anything to stop my ping from spiking, 
log is from tonight when the upload limit didnt do anything, 7:14pm
I really have no idea what's going on at this point, it seems the router isn't helping at all with anything that i bought the thing for. 

log-1656321296238.txt 138.73 kB · 1 download

I'd suggest rebooting, it seems that a couple of rapps aren't responding and it's causing some confusion. Everything should boot normally and the issue should be resolved after that. If it's not, let us know and perhaps also provide another log.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, EL ALE64 said:

Hola , yo tengo  el mismo problema ya tengo 4 dias haci

log-1656265068381.txt 87.34 kB · 1 download

¿Podría crear un nuevo tema para su problema, por favor, para que podamos centrarnos en usted allí? Mencione en qué versión de firmware está y cuándo comenzó a ocurrir el problema, por ejemplo, después de un cambio de configuración, actualización, etc.

39 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Did it improve at all, then go bad again? Or was is still having the same issue?

How do you have QoS configured? Have you adjusted it at all since the last time?

no it was bad from the start. it seems whenever someone uses any bandwidth it causes lag spikes, like for example, i have it limited to 16mbps, i spike from 60 to 140-200, i move it to 8mbps same exact results, i tried changing it while playing csgo and while my brother was updating a game on his xbox,The WHOLE time the game was downloading EVEN while being limited by QoS the ping was going CRAZY, constantly going 60-70-80-60-110-70-60. Second his download stopped, ping went stable. But it just seems as if the QoS isnt working while it IS indeed limiting download, like the other router didnt have this issue, like it spiked maybe 3-4 ping MAX while anybody was doing anything, could have 3 4k tvs running netflix and not spike above 64 ping, but now it seems even someone loading instagram causes 10+ ping jitters,.