xr 1000 Router stops working every 2 days

On 5/15/2022 at 6:01 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

If you have a Windows PC, you can take a look at the Microsoft Store and they have a free one called WiFi Analyzer 

I have downloaded it and im on the channels it says to use, so not to sure what else to do, its just weird that on the old modem i was getting 4 bars constant and now its 1-2 bars on my iphone and the modem was also another 7 meters away then what it is now... really strange 

On 5/17/2022 at 3:04 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I wonder if there may be a dead spot in your home - some routers can penetrate them quite well and others can't, could you move it into another room and see if it works better?

in my mums room that is on my left gets full bars, my sisters is on my right gets 3-4 bars, then i get 1-2 
ive moved the modem around a little but to no success, guess ill have to always have my data turned off lol 

12 hours ago, jaydens said:

in my mums room that is on my left gets full bars, my sisters is on my right gets 3-4 bars, then i get 1-2 
ive moved the modem around a little but to no success, guess ill have to always have my data turned off lol 

You could also have a play with the antennas on the XR and see if you can generate any better speeds adjusting those.

On 5/19/2022 at 8:20 PM, Netduma Liam said:

You could also have a play with the antennas on the XR and see if you can generate any better speeds adjusting those.

the speeds are fine, pretty much maxed, its more it just dropping out and using my data all the time the second my phone demands internet, like if i do a speed test, just before i starts it will disconnect the wifi and use data, but when im closer to the router it doesnt do that, also when i turn mobile data off it doesnt disconnect but still has really good speeds, so it doesnt really make sense why its disconnecting our phones.

8 hours ago, jaydens said:

the speeds are fine, pretty much maxed, its more it just dropping out and using my data all the time the second my phone demands internet, like if i do a speed test, just before i starts it will disconnect the wifi and use data, but when im closer to the router it doesnt do that, also when i turn mobile data off it doesnt disconnect but still has really good speeds, so it doesnt really make sense why its disconnecting our phones.

Can you check if your phone uses Private Addresses/MAC Randomisation? 

If it's an iPhone it definitely will.

If so, please disable it and see if that helps at all.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:26 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Can you check if your phone uses Private Addresses/MAC Randomisation? 

If it's an iPhone it definitely will.

If so, please disable it and see if that helps at all.

this indeed did help thanks, so now i have another issue haha, never ending am i right, So is there a way i can log the internet through the router? ive been experiencing internet dropouts that last EXACTLY 15 seconds RANDOMLY for the past 3 days, sometimes it happens 2 times in 30 seconds sometimes it wont happen for an hour, ive rebooted the router many times PLUS rebooted the nbn, ive contacted telstra and told them ive been getting dropouts and they tested the connection and said its not the nbn it might be router related, the internet fully drops out on wifi and ethernet for 15 seconds then goes back to normal, as a gamer you can imagine this is very annoying, will i have to do ANOTHER factory reset for this router? 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, jaydens said:

this indeed did help thanks, so now i have another issue haha, never ending am i right, So is there a way i can log the internet through the router? ive been experiencing internet dropouts that last EXACTLY 15 seconds RANDOMLY for the past 3 days, sometimes it happens 2 times in 30 seconds sometimes it wont happen for an hour, ive rebooted the router many times PLUS rebooted the nbn, ive contacted telstra and told them ive been getting dropouts and they tested the connection and said its not the nbn it might be router related, the internet fully drops out on wifi and ethernet for 15 seconds then goes back to normal, as a gamer you can imagine this is very annoying, will i have to do ANOTHER factory reset for this router? 

When the issue happens, immediately grab the log file from the System Information page and provide it here and let us know the rough timestamp when it occurred and we can see if it indicates the problem.

While you are waiting for reply have a read on DHCP LEASE TIME RENEWAL. I have read on here that sometimes this can cause problems. You can take a look at the router settings and maybe compare the settings to what you learn about dhcp lease time and see if you make things better for your connection.

https://homenetworkadmin.com/dhcp-lease-time/

13 minutes ago, crunkjuice1 said:

While you are waiting for reply have a read on DHCP LEASE TIME RENEWAL. I have read on here that sometimes this can cause problems. You can take a look at the router settings and maybe compare the settings to what you learn about dhcp lease time and see if you make things better for your connection.

https://homenetworkadmin.com/dhcp-lease-time/

Interesting, would it randomly just cause issues?

Over the years I have seen consumers across all ranges of internet service providers and networking gear from a mix of companies have this as something that potentially can happen does happen and in some cases fix issues. If you know you have done everything in your control correctly last link in chain would be settings in your isp modem/gateway. 

1 hour ago, crunkjuice1 said:

Over the years I have seen consumers across all ranges of internet service providers and networking gear from a mix of companies have this as something that potentially can happen does happen and in some cases fix issues. If you know you have done everything in your control correctly last link in chain would be settings in your isp modem/gateway. 

last thing ive changed was enabling guest network to see if my sisters laptop could connect to the internet as the wifi doesnt show up on her laptop, its a laptop issues though as everything else can connect to the internet, but thats the only thing i changed but ive turned it back off yet this dcing still happens

• Administrators

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

Also have you manually set DNS on the router at all?

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

Also have you manually set DNS on the router at all?

just did this now, and no havent touched anything on the router BESIDES enabling guest network for 20 minutes to troubleshoot my sisters laptop.  im scared it will brick its self with the reboots if i change any settings lol

a08ca5c71e1784cf9b3ef0aa4c8439a9.png
aa02d8befc973b5c7f583cbadc60c788.png
https://gyazo.com/aa02d8befc973b5c7f583cbadc60c788
https://gyazo.com/a08ca5c71e1784cf9b3ef0aa4c8439a9
this correct?

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's correct yes, change the DNS in Internet Setup to 1.1.1.1 for primary, 1.0.0.1 for secondary please and then monitor the situation

just tried the first fix, still disconnected after about 10 minutes, trying the DNS change now.
also is it normal to have this spammed in the logs?
5d0cf61981a3e8334308c9cc4fefaf7c.png
https://gyazo.com/5d0cf61981a3e8334308c9cc4fefaf7c

53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's correct yes, change the DNS in Internet Setup to 1.1.1.1 for primary, 1.0.0.1 for secondary please and then monitor the situation

So its just happen again
this is the log again straight after it happen 11:36pm

log-1654349754322.txt

• Administrators

I've not seen that in logs normally no, I did see a lot about the DNS in your previous logs so I'm wondering whether the ISP DNS was causing issue - I guess not! I'll need to pass your logs onto the devs to get some more expert opinions on this and we'll get back to you.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've not seen that in logs normally no, I did see a lot about the DNS in your previous logs so I'm wondering whether the ISP DNS was causing issue - I guess not! I'll need to pass your logs onto the devs to get some more expert opinions on this and we'll get back to you.

Thanks mate, hope we can get this sorted, really annoying disconnecting from competitive games every couple minutes haha. 

How are things going using the DNS servers recommended? And before I changed although it shouldn’t be needed every time a setting gets changed have you tried factory reset within the router? For whatever reason when I use this method things work better opposed other two methods.  It is annoying but for some of us have been doing the reboot dance for whatever other reasons we have. You end up memorizing everything and glide right through setup from beginning working your way down all the sections.

AE453DBA-FD95-4157-9B9D-0E26CAA87749.jpeg

9F289538-87A6-4304-807C-FA1A75309D3A.jpeg

1 hour ago, crunkjuice1 said:

How are things going using the DNS servers recommended? And before I changed although it shouldn’t be needed every time a setting gets changed have you tried factory reset within the router? For whatever reason when I use this method things work better opposed other two methods.  It is annoying but for some of us have been doing the reboot dance for whatever other reasons we have. You end up memorizing everything and glide right through setup from beginning working your way down all the sections.

AE453DBA-FD95-4157-9B9D-0E26CAA87749.jpeg

9F289538-87A6-4304-807C-FA1A75309D3A.jpeg

Things are the same, it literally just disconnected for 15 seconds while replying to your post haha, I’m having to use my mobile data on my PC as it’s simply unplayable using home internet I play csgo and as u could imagine playing a game like that in high tier and having disconnecting while clutching or calling starts is one of the worse things that could happen, I’ve not factory reset as I’m abit scared to brick the router

edit- god its happening every 20 seconds it feels like now, insane!