On 11/24/2021 at 7:10 PM, Max2110 said:

Did anyone have any success disabling upnp and manually port fowarding their console or pc? 

It's actually better for me with disabled upnp and no ports forwarded. Nat filtering to open( I'm still getting open NAT). Make sure you disable armor (it can only be done within nighthawk app).

Geo filter to 900km radius with fast search enabled. QOS as per Handsome king. It works for me better than anything before in this game. I'm on PS5 with XR1000.

On 11/23/2021 at 10:43 PM, Max2110 said:

Has anyone tried netduma > ddwrt using qos > console or pc? 

I was using OpenWRT > Netduma > console for a long period.

For me, after Infinite Warfare, the QoS on Netduma just didn't seem to give me good games anymore... like it did with Black Ops 3 and IW. I tried everything.

Then I started using the OpenWRT QoS instead and that was a game changer for me. Not saying Netduma's QoS is bad, just saying, for me, it wasn't giving me the experience I had on older CoD's.

Up until recently, I was using ISP router > FreshTomato > Asus Merlin > console. I had alot more luck finding settings that worked for CoD with FreshTomato than I did was Asus Merlin... and for Warzone... nothing seemed to work. Doesn't matter whether I used QoS, port forwarding etc.. I never had good hit reg on Warzone and shoot first die first was happening way too much.

On 11/24/2021 at 12:02 AM, TimeTraveller said:

In Call of Duty 1 second lag on deathcam applies to each and every player because they use 30tick rate in their servers. Tick rate is the frequency with which the game server computes stuff and sends the info to your computer. Therefore the Peaker's advantage is really high on COD and one of the highest Peaker advantage fps due to its high mobility style gameplay. 

I duno about every CoD game but peakers advantage is built into the games engine. I remember seeing vids on YT showing it in... I think it was Black Ops 4.

On 11/24/2021 at 10:20 AM, johnnytran said:

I've tried everything with the R2 can't get a decent match on Vanguard. My MW settings don't work at all, I might give it a couple more days before I try another router

One thing I always found is settings that work for one CoD, won't work for others. When a new game came out, I always had to spend weeks fiddling with router settings to find what worked again.

4 hours ago, Jackal235 said:

It's actually better for me with disabled upnp and no ports forwarded. Nat filtering to open( I'm still getting open NAT). Make sure you disable armor (it can only be done within nighthawk app).

Geo filter to 900km radius with fast search enabled. QOS as per Handsome king. It works for me better than anything before in this game. I'm on PS5 with XR1000.

Hi, "QOS as per Handsome king" what does this mean?

4 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

One thing I always found is settings that work for one CoD, won't work for others. When a new game came out, I always had to spend weeks fiddling with router settings to find what worked again.

N3cro, which country are you from?

22 hours ago, Max2110 said:

Hi, "QOS as per Handsome king" what does this mean?

He posted earlier in this thread the congestion control settings.

I made some rules to prioritize traffic to ports used by COD in PS5. IT only works for UDP. Nothing happens to TCP (probably buggy firmware).

Capture9.thumb.PNG.efd7fe4603be20c6da230d2187cb4f3d.PNG

1 hour ago, Jackal235 said:

He posted earlier in this thread the congestion control settings.

I made some rules to prioritize traffic to ports used by COD in PS5. IT only works for UDP. Nothing happens to TCP (probably buggy firmware).

Capture9.thumb.PNG.efd7fe4603be20c6da230d2187cb4f3d.PNG

I actually have the exact packet priority running atm. I can now shoot players I couldn't shoot before much more easily now. I came across a player with a 150ping. Almost impossible to kill. 

Can you guys try these settings  of  port ranges

for udp  is diffrent  to tcp from my  findindings so far

Source start 3074  end 3074 destination  start 30000 end 45000  source udp 

Tcp

Source start 50000  end 65535 destination start 3074 end 3074  Source tcp

You could set this as well i dont myself atm i will try it  though

Source start 443 end 443 destination start 50000  end 65535  source  tcp

If there working correctly  your download countrr  in congestion control in traffic priritzation  should be higher than you upload counter

On 11/30/2021 at 12:50 AM, Max2110 said:

I actually have the exact packet priority running atm. I can now shoot players I couldn't shoot before much more easily now. I came across a player with a 150ping. Almost impossible to kill. 

If you look at your image  only 1 ranges of ports are working that is the second down

Source  3074  destination 1  65535

The others are running as thers no red  light showing  thers traffic going through them

14 hours ago, kinel said:

Can you guys try these settings  of  port ranges

for udp  is diffrent  to tcp from my  findindings so far

Source start 3074  end 3074 destination  start 30000 end 45000  source udp 

Tcp

Source start 50000  end 65535 destination start 3074 end 3074  Source tcp

You could set this as well i dont myself atm i will try it  though

Source start 443 end 443 destination start 50000  end 65535  source  tcp

If there working correctly  your download countrr  in congestion control in traffic priritzation  should be higher than you upload counter

IL give it a try tonight and post feedback

I made single rules for: TCP: 1935, 3478, 3479, 3480, UDP: 3074, 3075, 3076, 3077, 3078, 3079, 3478, 3479 as per portforward.com 

Capture.PNG.7f25f3a0cf6dfe38cb596519b89837cc.PNG

Only to find out that 3074 is the only port, that shows any flow in traffic prioritization on my XR1000 for TCP & UDP packets. Strange... 3074 TCP is not even listed above.

Not sure if all the other ports are for PS Network or it's the firmware issue?

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Jackal235 said:

I made single rules for: TCP: 1935, 3478, 3479, 3480, UDP: 3074, 3075, 3076, 3077, 3078, 3079, 3478, 3479 as per portforward.com 

Capture.PNG.7f25f3a0cf6dfe38cb596519b89837cc.PNG

Only to find out that 3074 is the only port, that shows any flow in traffic prioritization on my XR1000 for TCP & UDP packets. Strange... 3074 TCP is not even listed above.

Not sure if all the other ports are for PS Network or it's the firmware issue?

UDP is used mostly for gaming and 3074 is the main game port, other ports will be used for authentication etc so won't prioritize as much.