Why do I feel like I am a second behind enemies in call of duty? I have a low ping with the fastest reaction time and I still die even though I shot first. In the kill cams I look like a bot not even reacting to the enemy. I see YouTubers like Xpromvz and Frizz who have this type of connection. The enemy can't react to them. What are they doing to their internet? 

Who knows.. I have the same issue, dumaos says I ping the servers I play on 5-6ms but unless I shoot someone in the back I lose most of my gunfights in this. This is coming from a 2.5-3+ KD player in all cods, this game hates my connection

I think they've just lucked out with a router/isp and distance from servers combo that performs well with cod. I've seen matches where people have similar ping to me in-game 19-23ms but their hit detection is smooth and people are dropping quick but when I play I get a ton of hit markers and people usually turn and drop me instantly. Like you said I'm also a second behind everyone else, I'm usually taking damage the moment people appear on my screen - even if I'm already ADS and someone appears in my sight I'm already taking damage before I can fire a bullet.

Only thing you can do is keep tweaking settings until you find something that makes it playable I think. I've tried 4 different ISP's and different routers but still have the same issues in every cod. Now that I'm still on PS4 and I'm up against people playing higher refresh rate on PS5 it could contribute to some of the wtf moments more..

Use the auto-setup in congestion control, then configure your settings in the advance section. My ping is usually around 3 to 5ms, so I have it set to five. Max spike size, I have mine set to 50ms but you could lower it if you want to. Click begin auto setup and allow it to complete, then go ahead and save those settings. Give it a try, this is what I use and I'm having some amazing games.💯👑

Youtubers (majority) do reverse boost, not saying the ones mentioned above do but it's generally a well known fact. 
A reverse boosted lobby is easier to detect from just watching - Enemies running past without shooting, enemies not revenge killing or coming back again and again with more inventive ideas to kill you off your streak, player levels of those being killed over and over are real low, sbmm seems absent as there's literally no one on the other side with a similar skill level.

Saying that there's other factors too , such over powered weapons ,certain weapons ranked up to get attachments which literally transform the gun and make it a 2 shot kill.

Brute force well organized parties who are communicating every movement of your team, so you get a kill and get killed instantly as you have people aware of your approximate location, with an ability to spawn trap.

People using Apex Xim ( mouse, keyboard with aim assist and other mods ) on 20+ sensitivity easy to detect on kill cam, as snap speeds are insane, other controller mods here aswell which i won't mention.

People connecting to your local server from a greater distance giving them lag comp advantage.

I don't reverse boost personally, i've dropped like 3 V2's on vanguard and choked like 9+ because i get hunted on my streaks which is how it should be in a sbmm lobby, dying on a 24 is frustrating but if you keep hitting those brutals it will happen eventually.

If i'm having a tough time on local server try something alittle further, in other cod games i would prefer US servers as they were more stable, but here the middle eastern servers are better.

41 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

Who knows.. I have the same issue, dumaos says I ping the servers I play on 5-6ms but unless I shoot someone in the back I lose most of my gunfights in this. This is coming from a 2.5-3+ KD player in all cods, this game hates my connection

I think they've just lucked out with a router/isp and distance from servers combo that performs well with cod. I've seen matches where people have similar ping to me in-game 19-23ms but their hit detection is smooth and people are dropping quick but when I play I get a ton of hit markers and people usually turn and drop me instantly. Like you said I'm also a second behind everyone else, I'm usually taking damage the moment people appear on my screen - even if I'm already ADS and someone appears in my sight I'm already taking damage before I can fire a bullet.

Only thing you can do is keep tweaking settings until you find something that makes it playable I think. I've tried 4 different ISP's and different routers but still have the same issues in every cod. Now that I'm still on PS4 and I'm up against people playing higher refresh rate on PS5 it could contribute to some of the wtf moments more..

I have done a ton of testing. I know how to increase bullet reg. You simply prioritize certain ports on the netduma but when it comes to being a second ahead of the enemy I have a hunch that there are certain incoming ports that needs to be priorotize therefore we see the ememy before they can see us. I truly believe this. The difficulty is figuring out which ports there are 

6 minutes ago, HANDSOME KING said:

Use the auto-setup in congestion control, then configure your settings in the advance section. My ping is usually around 3 to 5ms, so I have it set to five. Max spike size, I have mine set to 50ms but you could lower it if you want to. Click begin auto setup and allow it to complete, then go ahead and save those settings. Give it a try, this is what I use and I'm having some amazing games.💯👑

The new update on the xr500 does not have auto - setup. 

7 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

The new update on the xr500 does not have auto - setup. 

It's been awhile since I last used that router, it gave me too many headaches. If you have the money just upgrade to the R2, it gets updated regularly. 

6 minutes ago, chand93 said:

Youtubers (majority) do reverse boost, not saying the ones mentioned above do but it's generally a well known fact. 
A reverse boosted lobby is easier to detect from just watching - Enemies running past without shooting, enemies not revenge killing or coming back again and again with more inventive ideas to kill you off your streak, player levels of those being killed over and over are real low, sbmm seems absent as there's literally no one on the other side with a similar skill level.

Saying that there's other factors too , such over powered weapons ,certain weapons ranked up to get attachments which literally transform the gun and make it a 2 shot kill.

Brute force well organized parties who are communicating every movement of your team, so you get a kill and get killed instantly as you have people aware of your approximate location, with an ability to spawn trap.

People using Apex Xim ( mouse, keyboard with aim assist and other mods ) on 20+ sensitivity easy to detect on kill cam, as snap speeds are insane, other controller mods here aswell which i won't mention.

People connecting to your local server from a greater distance giving them lag comp advantage.

I don't reverse boost personally, i've dropped like 3 V2's on vanguard and choked like 9+ because i get hunted on my streaks which is how it should be in a sbmm lobby, dying on a 24 is frustrating but if you keep hitting those brutals it will happen eventually.

If i'm having a tough time on local server try something alittle further, in other cod games i would prefer US servers as they were more stable for more but here the middle eastern servers are better.

I 100% get you. Me personally am an above average player. I can tell when something is off. No disrespect but all the people who say that you should get better at the game have no idea what's at play here. I  guarantee these players are manupliating their connections.. And BTW I have seen players have this type of connection  against good players.. This has nothing to do with skill.. This has to do with connection.. 

Who every wants to go on this journey of finding the solution to this by sharing different settings and what has worked for you, feel free to do so. To start you guys off. There's a setting for better bullet reg. Set ul and dl sliders to 98(70% works too). Set "gaming" dl and ul bandwidth to 10mbps. Prioritize your packets as follows:

source start-end(3047-3074)(Playstation) 

Destination start-end(1-65535) 

Choose gaming/voice

Check apply to Wan

Give it a try asap

If this works for you, you would even recognize that your hit markets sound different 

30 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

I have done a ton of testing. I know how to increase bullet reg. You simply prioritize certain ports on the netduma but when it comes to being a second ahead of the enemy I have a hunch that there are certain incoming ports that needs to be priorotize therefore we see the ememy before they can see us. I truly believe this. The difficulty is figuring out which ports there are 

I no longer have wireshark but maybe someone else has looked into what ports vanguard uses when playing a match. In cold war/mw we found most ports were above 30000 so we would normally prioritise for PS4 something like source:destination 3074:30000-65535.

You could try the opposite if you only want to prioritise incoming traffic? So source:destination would be 30000-65535:3074

This only prioritises traffic already in your network

9 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

I no longer have wireshark but maybe someone else has looked into what ports vanguard uses when playing a match. In cold war/mw we found most ports were above 30000 so we would normally prioritise for PS4 something like source:destination 3074:30000-65535.

You could try the opposite if you only want to prioritise incoming traffic? So source:destination would be 30000-65535:3074

This only prioritises traffic already in your network

I have tried that already, so here's my thoughts.. We are download many things in game using the port range between 20000-65535. This comes down to being spacific. Which ports are used for updating player location on the map. That's the one we need to find. Bare in mind these ports may change every game. 

53 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

I have tried that already, so here's my thoughts.. We are download many things in game using the port range between 20000-65535. This comes down to being spacific. Which ports are used for updating player location on the map. That's the one we need to find. Bare in mind these ports may change every game. 

I just installed wireshark cause I found an old capture of a match on cold war. I've forgotten how to use filters so I'm manually having a look through the traffic.

I sorted it to see traffic with my ps4 IP as destination (so what is being sent to my ps4). Throughout the entire match the server is sending it's UDP packets via port 39370 to 3074.

There's a demonware IP address (185.34.106.38) which is sending TCP traffic through port 56975 I think.

That's all the traffic going to my PS4 during this match. I'm not sure whether this capture was just from in a match or whether I started it while searching for one. When I switch to my other router I'll be able to capture gaming traffic and see it more accurately.

Sorting it to see traffic from my ps4 IP as source, it communicates with different IP addresses:

37.244.43.249 (blizzard) - UDP 3074:30000

35.167.21.120 (amazon) - TCP 64736:443

23.40.73.10 (akamai cdn) - TCP 60194:443

23.40.73.10 (akamai cdn) - TCP 60214:443

185.34.107.128 (demonware) - UDP 3074:3074

34.125.0.135 (google cloud) - TCP 56257:443

185.34.106.38 (demonware) - TCP 56975:3074

I probably missed, there's just too much to go through and keep in mind some of these could be something the ps4 is doing in the background e.g. refreshing your friend's list/checking for an update etc..

4 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

I just installed wireshark cause I found an old capture of a match on cold war. I've forgotten how to use filters so I'm manually having a look through the traffic.

I sorted it to see traffic with my ps4 IP as destination (so what is being sent to my ps4). Throughout the entire match the server is sending it's UDP packets via port 39370 to 3074.

There's a demonware IP address (185.34.106.38) which is sending TCP traffic through port 56975 I think.

That's all the traffic going to my PS4 during this match. I'm not sure whether this capture was just from in a match or whether I started it while searching for one. When I switch to my other router I'll be able to capture gaming traffic and see it more accurately.

Sorting it to see traffic from my ps4 IP as source, it communicates with different IP addresses:

37.244.43.249 (blizzard) - UDP 3074:30000

35.167.21.120 (amazon) - TCP 64736:443

23.40.73.10 (akamai cdn) - TCP 60194:443

23.40.73.10 (akamai cdn) - TCP 60214:443

185.34.107.128 (demonware) - UDP 3074:3074

34.125.0.135 (google cloud) - TCP 56257:443

185.34.106.38 (demonware) - TCP 56975:3074

I probably missed, there's just too much to go through and keep in mind some of these could be something the ps4 is doing in the background e.g. refreshing your friend's list/checking for an update etc..

Great work! I will use your information and test each one of them in dept. Updates will come in detail while I'm testing. Anyone else with info please feel free to add to this discussion. 

6 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

Great work! I will use your information and test each one of them in dept. Updates will come in detail while I'm testing. Anyone else with info please feel free to add to this discussion. 

My guess is none of those matter anyway, all gaming traffic should be in the packets sent between my IP and the server IP on 3074:39370, there wouldn't be a way to prioritise anything for player position only cause we only see the gaming traffic between those ports I mentioned

The other traffic could have been the ps4 background stuff or sending data back to activision regarding SBMM or levelling up etc.

2 hours ago, johnnytran said:

My guess is none of those matter anyway, all gaming traffic should be in the packets sent between my IP and the server IP on 3074:39370, there wouldn't be a way to prioritise anything for player position only cause we only see the gaming traffic between those ports I mentioned

The other traffic could have been the ps4 background stuff or sending data back to activision regarding SBMM or levelling up etc.

I get you. Il just have it tested so we can get that out of the way if it does not work and move on to the next idea. 

For connection ports, what works in MW also works in VG.

Have to say that I myself play with QoS off depending where I am. With my cable 600/40 in Europe I have it on because of the low upload and cable is sensitive to latency rise when you are using bandwidth, with my dedicated fiber 600/600 in Asia I have it off. If you have no connection issues QoS only harms you instead of helps you.

You also have to understand that lag compensation is dependant on who else is in your lobby. Especially if you play in Australia, there will be a lot of high ping players in your lobby and if this is the case, the game punishes the players with low ping.

Also FWIW for me VG feels exactly the same when it comes to lag compensation as MW.

3 hours ago, Bert said:

For connection ports, what works in MW also works in VG.

Have to say that I myself play with QoS off depending where I am. With my cable 600/40 in Europe I have it on because of the low upload and cable is sensitive to latency rise when you are using bandwidth, with my dedicated fiber 600/600 in Asia I have it off. If you have no connection issues QoS only harms you instead of helps you.

You also have to understand that lag compensation is dependant on who else is in your lobby. Especially if you play in Australia, there will be a lot of high ping players in your lobby and if this is the case, the game punishes the players with low ping.

Also FWIW for me VG feels exactly the same when it comes to lag compensation as MW.

Totally. Our main concern here is figuring out the settings that YouTubers use. Where we are actually ahead of the enemy if not on the same par with them. For better bullet reg try the settings I mentioned earlier on. This is beyond just better reg. Thanks for your input thou. You mentioned playing without qos, did you do this while there were others on your network aswel? 

20 hours ago, Max2110 said:

Who every wants to go on this journey of finding the solution to this by sharing different settings and what has worked for you, feel free to do so. To start you guys off. There's a setting for better bullet reg. Set ul and dl sliders to 98(70% works too). Set "gaming" dl and ul bandwidth to 10mbps. Prioritize your packets as follows:

source start-end(3047-3074)(Playstation) 

Destination start-end(1-65535) 

Choose gaming/voice

Check apply to Wan

Give it a try asap

If this works for you, you would even recognize that your hit markets sound different 

Update! This works 50% better on wireless than wifi

19 hours ago, Max2110 said:

Update! I have tested these out. Vanguard does not use these ports. 

I have done another test. Wireless works better than Lan.

Have any of you tried any gpn? Like wtfast etc? 

I think what you are experiencing is universal peaker's advantage due to COD having 30tick rate servers. It happens to each and every player and the biggest issue with this game. 

In Call of Duty 1 second lag on deathcam applies to each and every player because they use 30tick rate in their servers. Tick rate is the frequency with which the game server computes stuff and sends the info to your computer. Therefore the Peaker's advantage is really high on COD and one of the highest Peaker advantage fps due to its high mobility style gameplay. 

In my own opinion, the player who is constantly on the move gains an advantage over someone who is stationary or has slower movement because for them your location is already sent to the enemy by the server and their location is just presented in your screen. Also, players who you eliminate will also see the same deathcam that you are currently experiencing. 

Some players in R6 reddit before had calculated the geometry of  how to get a favorable Peaker's advantage if both players are in same motion depending upon the angle they are peaking from however, due to different geometry in maps in COD and other fps  it is not realistic and only a theoretical understanding.

Therefore, in COD the only way to gain better Peaker advantage is to always be constantly on the move. This is my own view and someone with more technical understanding may be able to assist you but COD is notorious for their use of 30 tick rate servers from the past. If you do some tickrate/and peaker advantage searches in reddit and google you will understand that this is a universal issue in COD (and other fps too) and the only way to counter it is always being on the move to gain an advantage.

Valorant for example uses 128 hz tick rate servers. Rainbow six siege and overwatch uses 60hz. COD uses 30hz. Some players even doubt COD uses 20 tick rate servers but i am not sure if that is the case.

10 hours ago, TimeTraveller said:

I think what you are experiencing is universal peaker's advantage due to COD having 30tick rate servers. It happens to each and every player and the biggest issue with this game. 

In Call of Duty 1 second lag on deathcam applies to each and every player because they use 30tick rate in their servers. Tick rate is the frequency with which the game server computes stuff and sends the info to your computer. Therefore the Peaker's advantage is really high on COD and one of the highest Peaker advantage fps due to its high mobility style gameplay. 

In my own opinion, the player who is constantly on the move gains an advantage over someone who is stationary or has slower movement because for them your location is already sent to the enemy by the server and their location is just presented in your screen. Also, players who you eliminate will also see the same deathcam that you are currently experiencing. 

Some players in R6 reddit before had calculated the geometry of  how to get a favorable Peaker's advantage if both players are in same motion depending upon the angle they are peaking from however, due to different geometry in maps in COD and other fps  it is not realistic and only a theoretical understanding.

Therefore, in COD the only way to gain better Peaker advantage is to always be constantly on the move. This is my own view and someone with more technical understanding may be able to assist you but COD is notorious for their use of 30 tick rate servers from the past. If you do some tickrate/and peaker advantage searches in reddit and google you will understand that this is a universal issue in COD (and other fps too) and the only way to counter it is always being on the move to gain an advantage.

Valorant for example uses 128 hz tick rate servers. Rainbow six siege and overwatch uses 60hz. COD uses 30hz. Some players even doubt COD uses 20 tick rate servers but i am not sure if that is the case.

Thanks for you input. And yes I have done my research on tick rate aswel. Now.. From experience studying YouTubers and from playing the game myself this has nothing to do with tick rate with all do respect. Tick rate won't stop you from having no aim assist on "these players" even from behind. I am insanely accurate. And I can't even shoot them from behind. Now these are not a problem with every single player,b ut for these these so called competitive players who use this type of network manipulation.

I once heard that pro players know a way to bypass lag compensation 

I have also heard about Activision patents. I don't know how far it's true or it they actually work in game as we speak... 

1 hour ago, johnnytran said:

I've tried everything with the R2 can't get a decent match on Vanguard. My MW settings don't work at all, I might give it a couple more days before I try another router

I will explore netem with netduma packet priority today. Packet duplication etc. There are a lot to test. Netduma with pfifo bfifo etc