Add “Halo Infinite” severs and geo filtering

10 hours ago, Zippy said:

I think what you are experiencing atm is the problem of no VRR.. Somehow that was over looked in Halo Infinite. They are aware of this issue as it effects everyone in game in a different way.. Some more severe .. Every game you play the outcome will be different.. So basically this has to do with frame rates.. 

What do you have set atm.. Quality or Performance?  If your on a Xbox One X you should have this option.

Halo has quite a few Support Tickets open atm.. And im sure you have probably seen how many issues there are.. 343 has been getting alot of harsh criticism coming from all directions..  This VRR issue is a must to get fixed.. 

Zippy.

Thanks for the info Zippy. What is VRR and how does it effect games?

I'm using Xbox One X and have the game set to performance as I believe this is supposed to prioritise game performance over graphics? I'm also using a 1080p monitor so doubt I'm even getting 60fps (there's no way to tell how many frames we get on Xbox as far as I'm aware).  

4 hours ago, GBDJG said:

anybody else not able to get into a game says matchmaking cancelled?

Sounds like the servers have been up and down for the last few days but friends are online playing now ok. Should also be 1GB update to install today.

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I’ve PM’d you again.

Thanks for that, the IP you provided doesn't seem to be banned. However, I can see your public IP is changing A LOT, multiple times a day in some cases so although it may not be on our end, the forum software or Cloudflare could be flagging it as suspicious and suspend access. I'd see if your ISP could extend the lease time on your public IP and you may see an improvement in that.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, the IP you provided doesn't seem to be banned. However, I can see your public IP is changing A LOT, multiple times a day in some cases so although it may not be on our end, the forum software or Cloudflare could be flagging it as suspicious and suspend access. I'd see if your ISP could extend the lease time on your public IP and you may see an improvement in that.

Could that simply because sometimes I have to connect via 4G rather than my R2 wifi? Presumably my public IP will change when I switch from BT broadband via R2 and 4G connection via Vodafone? Also I sometimes post/browse using my MacBook so I presume that also has a different public IP. For the record, I’ve never had any similar issues with any other websites…it’s just the Netduma website and forum.

Would I be able to extend the public lease in my BT router settings or would I have to contact their next to useless broadband support team? Also does this public IP only apply to my iPhone or does it cover all my devices?

10 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Could that simply because sometimes I have to connect via 4G rather than my R2 wifi? Presumably my public IP will change when I switch from BT broadband via R2 and 4G connection via Vodafone? Also I sometimes post/browse using my MacBook so I presume that also has a different public IP. For the record, I’ve never had any similar issues with any other websites…it’s just the Netduma website and forum.

Would I be able to extend the public lease in my BT router settings or would I have to contact their next to useless broadband support team? Also does this public IP only apply to my iPhone or does it cover all my devices?

That could potentially be the reason, yeah. We're going to be making some security updates to the forum soon as well so you may find this also fixes the issues you're having.

I believe you'll need to get in touch with them directly for this, as far as I'm aware you can't do it through their settings.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

That could potentially be the reason, yeah. We're going to be making some security updates to the forum soon as well so you may find this also fixes the issues you're having.

I believe you'll need to get in touch with them directly for this, as far as I'm aware you can't do it through their settings.

Ok thanks Liam. I’m still getting the issue so I’ll check this evening if the issue resolves itself as it did last time (it hasn’t been 24 hours yet).

On 12/14/2021 at 8:25 PM, K0NSPIRACY said:

Thanks for the info Zippy. What is VRR and how does it effect games?

I'm using Xbox One X and have the game set to performance as I believe this is supposed to prioritise game performance over graphics? I'm also using a 1080p monitor so doubt I'm even getting 60fps (there's no way to tell how many frames we get on Xbox as far as I'm aware).  

No worries! VRR stands for Variable Refresh Rate.. What usually this does is keep the game buttery smooth during a game when frame rates tend to drop a bit. Or where you have a player coming in at a higher clock speed or refresh rate.. Most game developers use this. It just aids a game when framerates fluctuate during heavy action. Or action in general. It basically forces a refresh instead of waiting for the next framerate.. And when a next framerate comes it does a refresh again..

Do you experience any micro stuttering?  Things like that at all?

Does your monitor display its running at 1080p at 60Hz?

Thanks!

Zippy.

2 hours ago, Zippy said:

No worries! VRR stands for Variable Refresh Rate.. What usually this does is keep the game buttery smooth during a game when frame rates tend to drop a bit. Or where you have a player coming in at a higher clock speed or refresh rate.. Most game developers use this. It just aids a game when framerates fluctuate during heavy action. Or action in general. It basically forces a refresh instead of waiting for the next framerate.. And when a next framerate comes it does a refresh again..

Do you experience any micro stuttering?  Things like that at all?

Does your monitor display its running at 1080p at 60Hz?

Thanks!

Zippy.

Thanks Zippy. That makes sense…what doesn’t make sense is if 343i didn’t include VRR in the game. How do you know this definitely hasn’t been included in the game as I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere else…and it would seem negligent for a AAA game to have this left out?

Having researched frame rates, I do believe that I get symptoms of low frame rate…whether that be sometimes jerky game play, players flickering slightly as they move, long melee lunge, poor hit reg, instant kills from front melee, dying in fewer bullets than expected, aiming reticle losing track of target particularly when I’ve broken their shields, etc; …but I’ve just put that down to their crappy servers and desync which seems to be being discussed a lot.

My monitor doesn’t display what refresh rate it’s running at, but I will check if there are any settings to show this next time I play.

On a side note, I’ve decided to treat myself to an Xbox Series X for Christmas, and I know my monitor can’t only do 50-75Hz so I may also buy a new monitor capable of 120fps. From what I’ve researched today, Halo Infinite doesn’t run 4K 120fps (due to frame rate being lowered in quality mode) so it seems pointless going to the expense of buying a HDMI 2.1 monitor so I’m more inclined to buy a 1440p for half the price that is capable of running at 120fps in performance mode. I’m thinking of buying the LG UltraGear 27GP850 as it seems to be a highly rated monitor, and capable of providing 120fps with the Xbox Series X.

17 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Thanks Zippy. That makes sense…what doesn’t make sense is if 343i didn’t include VRR in the game. How do you know this definitely hasn’t been included in the game as I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere else…and it would seem negligent for a AAA game to have this left out?

Having researched frame rates, I do believe that I get symptoms of low frame rate…whether that be sometimes jerky game play, players flickering slightly as they move, long melee lunge, poor hit reg, instant kills from front melee, dying in fewer bullets than expected, aiming reticle losing track of target particularly when I’ve broken their shields, etc; …but I’ve just put that down to their crappy servers and desync which seems to be being discussed a lot.

My monitor doesn’t display what refresh rate it’s running at, but I will check if there are any settings to show this next time I play.

On a side note, I’ve decided to treat myself to an Xbox Series X for Christmas, and I know my monitor can’t only do 50-75Hz so I may also buy a new monitor capable of 120fps. From what I’ve researched today, Halo Infinite doesn’t run 4K 120fps (due to frame rate being lowered in quality mode) so it seems pointless going to the expense of buying a HDMI 2.1 monitor so I’m more inclined to buy a 1440p for half the price that is capable of running at 120fps in performance mode. I’m thinking of buying the LG UltraGear 27GP850 as it seems to be a highly rated monitor, and capable of providing 120fps with the Xbox Series X.

If you do a google search you should get more info on the VRR for Halo Infinite. Im not sure if you were part of the flight program or not but I also have a Support Ticket opened with them on this stuttering issue but I did ask them in the ticket if VRR is enabled for there game. I will share what they say when they reply back.  From what others have tested VRR isnt enabled. But we need to give 343 sometime to dial in this game yet.  Im like you though and think that for a AAA game one would think this is enabled. But lets find out for sure. 343 has always replied to my questions. Hope they will do the same here. 

You made a smart move going to the newer console. That way you shouldnt have any issues because the series X console really is a beast! Im going to treat myself to one as well as soon as they are available. Which seems like forever! lol. If you do get a new monitor make sure it offers VRR.. Also if you go into your display settings of your current Xbox is VRR enabled? Double check that. Its very likely our problem might be our older Xbox. I dont know what yours does but the minute I load Halo Infinite my Xbox One X sounds like its going to shoot to the moon! Im sure its being driven pretty hard.  Again I will let you know what comes of my support ticket. But im guessing we wont hear much until after the holidays.. Sounds like 343 needs a break.

Thanks! 

Zippy.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:39 PM, Zippy said:

If you do a google search you should get more info on the VRR for Halo Infinite. Im not sure if you were part of the flight program or not but I also have a Support Ticket opened with them on this stuttering issue but I did ask them in the ticket if VRR is enabled for there game. I will share what they say when they reply back.  From what others have tested VRR isnt enabled. But we need to give 343 sometime to dial in this game yet.  Im like you though and think that for a AAA game one would think this is enabled. But lets find out for sure. 343 has always replied to my questions. Hope they will do the same here. 

You made a smart move going to the newer console. That way you shouldnt have any issues because the series X console really is a beast! Im going to treat myself to one as well as soon as they are available. Which seems like forever! lol. If you do get a new monitor make sure it offers VRR.. Also if you go into your display settings of your current Xbox is VRR enabled? Double check that. Its very likely our problem might be our older Xbox. I dont know what yours does but the minute I load Halo Infinite my Xbox One X sounds like its going to shoot to the moon! Im sure its being driven pretty hard.  Again I will let you know what comes of my support ticket. But im guessing we wont hear much until after the holidays.. Sounds like 343 needs a break.

Thanks! 

Zippy.

Well my XSX was delivered today so just looking now for a suitable monitor to use it with. Apparently XSX doesn’t work properly with all functions on some 1440p monitors so now looking at the Dell S2721DFG as you to disable freesync and reduce to 8-bit colour on the LG I mentioned above to get 1440p 120fps.

I’ve checked my current monitor on Xbox One X and the VRR option is greyed out, and it can only do 1080p anyway so it’s time for a monitor upgrade before I start playing on the XSX.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, designerema said:

I recently switch to PC gaming and i feel like i get worst hit reg with geo-filter ON, i erased the device from it and it works way better for me (thats odd)

Heres something to check.

Make sure you dont have an authenticating server blocked by accident in the Geo. Zoom out and see if there is another server poping up out side of your radius when playing a game. It usually only shows itself every so often.. So one does have to be quick to spot it.

From what your describing above that usually is the case.

Good luck!

Zippy.

When adding my Xbox 1 series X device to my geo filter I'm not getting Halo Infinite as a choice of games to choose from.  I shows up on the ping heat map just fine.  I have also tried to to find the choose manually option but it does not give me the option.  please help.  Thanks in advance.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Codered said:

When adding my Xbox 1 series X device to my geo filter I'm not getting Halo Infinite as a choice of games to choose from.  I shows up on the ping heat map just fine.  I have also tried to to find the choose manually option but it does not give me the option.  please help.  Thanks in advance.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

When you add the Xbox to the Geo-Filter it adds with everything needed so you can filter right away.

2 minutes ago, Yale king said:

You have to resync the cloud on the option menu and bro I had the same problem before lol 

thanks for tip, i resynced and halo infinite is still not showing up on my pc, any other suggestions you got? lol

• Administrators
9 hours ago, htx281 said:

thanks for tip, i resynced and halo infinite is still not showing up on my pc, any other suggestions you got? lol

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Remove the device from the Geo-Filter then go to the Device Manager and give the PC a PlayStation device type. Go back to the Geo-Filter, add the PC and choose the manual option, this will add it with the Games Console service and allow you to filter the game properly.

On 11/25/2021 at 10:29 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Here is a picture of where they're located:

FEVR5IpWUAgD6Xh.jpg

Yo my man what city is US West based on? I thought it was in SF or SJ And I thought South Central is based in San Antonio…so south central based in Dallas now? Please let me know thank you 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Yale king said:

Yo my man what city is US West based on? I thought it was in SF or SJ And I thought South Central is based in San Antonio…so south central based in Dallas now? Please let me know thank you 

Easiest way to check would be to see what you get placed on without the Geo-Filter enabled but yes I suspect West uses Seattle or LA and South Central would be Dallas.