Add “Halo Infinite” severs and geo filtering

Welcome to the forum!

Geo-filter works with Halo Inifinite, we just haven't been able to add a profile for it yet.

If you're on Console, just select 'choose manually' when adding your device to Geo-filter. 

If you're on PC, you'll need to change the PCs device type to 'Playstation' in Device Manager, then re-add is to Geo-filter using the above method.

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't actually work properly for me.

When I have geo-filtering enabled (on PC) to include european servers only, it will just not connect me if a US server is found and my teammates load into a 3v4.

Makes no difference if I am party leader or not. Any thoughts or is geo-filtering useless on Infinite?

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, AlanLJ said:

When I have geo-filtering enabled (on PC) to include european servers only, it will just not connect me if a US server is found and my teammates load into a 3v4.

Makes no difference if I am party leader or not. Any thoughts or is geo-filtering useless on Infinite?

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing exactly when that happens please?

I haven't had any issues with Geo Filter working with Halo Infinite until tonight. I have set the Geo Filter to UK only (Dublin) to avoid connecting to Amsterdam or US. Tonight the gameplay was horrific and could barely get any kills, so I checked DumaOS and low and behold...I'm connecting to US servers over and over again. This is one of them:

Dedicated Server: trdonorthcentralusx1vmss.ipv6.microsoft.com.akadns.net

I'm using Chrome for DumaOS admin and for whatever, in this latest update I can't even block these servers as the screen is offset to the right where you would usually name, block or deny servers. Why is this happening and how am I meant to block servers if I can't access the options?

More importantly, why are Halo Infinite servers seemingly circumventing the Netduma Geo Filter?

4 hours ago, AlanLJ said:

Isn't that how the Geo Filter is supposed to work?! If you have Geo Filter set to EU only and the game connects your lobby to US servers, and your friends aren't using a Geo Filter then they will obviously connect to the US server and you won't.

10 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I haven't had any issues with Geo Filter working with Halo Infinite until tonight. I have set the Geo Filter to UK only (Dublin) to avoid connecting to Amsterdam or US. Tonight the gameplay was horrific and could barely get any kills, so I checked DumaOS and low and behold...I'm connecting to US servers over and over again. This is one of them:

Dedicated Server: trdonorthcentralusx1vmss.ipv6.microsoft.com.akadns.net

I'm using Chrome for DumaOS admin and for whatever, in this latest update I can't even block these servers as the screen is offset to the right where you would usually name, block or deny servers. Why is this happening and how am I meant to block servers if I can't access the options?

More importantly, why are Halo Infinite servers seemingly circumventing the Netduma Geo Filter?

That's really odd, what firmware version are you currently running on your R2?

Does the US server show as being allowed in Geo-filter or does it still show a blocked icon? 

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you're seeing with the allow and deny panel?

53 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's really odd, what firmware version are you currently running on your R2?

Does the US server show as being allowed in Geo-filter or does it still show a blocked icon? 

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you're seeing with the allow and deny panel?

Hi Liam. I’ve recently updated so running the latest .394 firmware version, and followed all the installation guidance as per the thread on here.

The US server shows as being allowed despite the fact that it should be blocked by Geo Filter. Strangely other US servers do flash up and they have the yellow triangle blocked icon.

I’ll try to capture relevant screenshots for you. In the meantime, are there any settings that I could change to ensure the Geo Filter is enforced? I can’t work out now Halo Infinite servers are circumventing the Netduma Geo Filter.

OK, I'll use the information you've provided already to double check if we've got it whitelisted anywhere.

Let me know once you've got some screenshots, it would be handy to see the information shown in auto-ping host

trdonorthcentralusx1vmss.ipv6.microsoft.com.akadns.net

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, I'll use the information you've provided already to double check if we've got it whitelisted anywhere.

Let me know once you've got some screenshots, it would be handy to see the information shown in auto-ping host

trdonorthcentralusx1vmss.ipv6.microsoft.com.akadns.net

@Netduma Liam Please find attached screenshots as requested. As you will see, this is a day time test taken at approx 3pm GMT and I'm still connecting to US servers in Chicago. The server ping shows 11ms which is clearly wrong, and the second image shows ping heatmap to that server to be 106ms. 

I've gone from going positive KD most games to barely being able to get a kill within the last 24 hours...the game is literally unplayable like this. Shoot first, die first in a fraction of the usual Halo TTK isn't fun or a fair game. 

Please also note that in the ping box on the Geo Filter screenshot that I am unable to access the options to name, block or deny the server (these screenshots were taken full screen on MacBook using Chrome). 

Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 15.20.17.png

Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 15.31.52.png

13 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

@Netduma Liam Please find attached screenshots as requested. As you will see, this is a day time test taken at approx 3pm GMT and I'm still connecting to US servers in Chicago. The server ping shows 11ms which is clearly wrong, and the second image shows ping heatmap to that server to be 106ms. 

I've gone from going positive KD most games to barely being able to get a kill within the last 24 hours...the game is literally unplayable like this. Shoot first, die first in a fraction of the usual Halo TTK isn't fun or a fair game. 

Please also note that in the ping box on the Geo Filter screenshot that I am unable to access the options to name, block or deny the server (these screenshots were taken full screen on MacBook using Chrome). 

That's not the server you're playing on, that server is whitelisted for NAT purposes on Xbox. It won't affect your ping, don't worry. The server you're actually playing on is miscategorised as a peer, in the UK. You can tell this is the server you're playing on because the icon is much bigger than the whitelisted server in the US.

Can you check the Network Statistics in the Settings Menu on Halo next time you're in a bad game and check what ping it says you're getting?

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Can you check the Network Statistics in the Settings Menu on Halo next time you're in a bad game and check what ping it says you're getting?

I don’t know what options PC, XSS or XSX players have, but I’m playing on Xbox One X and there isn’t an option for Network Statistics in Halos settings menu (in or out of game). I’m totally reliant on the DumaOS to provide me with that information.

17 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I don’t know what options PC, XSS or XSX players have, but I’m playing on Xbox One X and there isn’t an option for Network Statistics in Halos settings menu (in or out of game). I’m totally reliant on the DumaOS to provide me with that information.

OK, in which case my next suggestion would be to experiment with forcing a few different servers, perhaps on a slightly higher ping around 30-40ms. I'm not sure what Halo do with Lag Compensation, but I know this is an issue in some other games so it's worth trying.

45 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, in which case my next suggestion would be to experiment with forcing a few different servers, perhaps on a slightly higher ping around 30-40ms. I'm not sure what Halo do with Lag Compensation, but I know this is an issue in some other games so it's worth trying.

Hi Liam. Apparently there is a setting in the “UI” menu in Halo settings which I wasn’t aware of so I’ll check that out and monitor for a few days. I’ve checked on Halo Waypoint and it’s pretty clear that I’m not the only one with these kind of issues…but it could be something as simple as the servers or netcode being crap. I’ll post any information once I’ve done the ping tests/monitoring.

17 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Hi Liam. Apparently there is a setting in the “UI” menu in Halo settings which I wasn’t aware of so I’ll check that out and monitor for a few days. I’ve checked on Halo Waypoint and it’s pretty clear that I’m not the only one with these kind of issues…but it could be something as simple as the servers or netcode being crap. I’ll post any information once I’ve done the ping tests/monitoring.

Ah OK I thought there was but wasn't too sure if you had them haha. Let me know how you get on!

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Ah OK I thought there was but wasn't too sure if you had them haha. Let me know how you get on!

Yeah I found the option and the ping appears as a small number in the top right corner during the game. I’ve tested this afternoon and the figures displayed pretty much match what I’m seeing on the R2. 

If these ping values are correct then any issues in the game must simply be due to poor game coding, poor net coding, differences in frame rates and other players connections…examples being poor hit reg, inconsistent melee and melee lunge, shot around corners, etc; …all very symptomatic of latency.

On a side note, is there any reason why I can’t access the Netduma website or forum on my iPhone when connected via my R2? It works perfectly fine if I turn off wifi and access via 4G so it’s obviously not a Safari issue, and it works perfectly fine on my MacBook.

EB3ABB4E-1FD1-47C3-AE54-BDFD32BFEE2D.png

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Yeah I found the option and the ping appears as a small number in the top right corner during the game. I’ve tested this afternoon and the figures displayed pretty much match what I’m seeing on the R2. 

If these ping values are correct then any issues in the game must simply be due to poor game coding, poor net coding, differences in frame rates and other players connections…examples being poor hit reg, inconsistent melee and melee lunge, shot around corners, etc; …all very symptomatic of latency.

On a side note, is there any reason why I can’t access the Netduma website or forum on my iPhone when connected via my R2? It works perfectly fine if I turn off wifi and access via 4G so it’s obviously not a Safari issue, and it works perfectly fine on my MacBook.

PM me your public IP when you're connected via WiFi, I'll see if the forum has automatically blocked your IP address

On 12/7/2021 at 12:40 PM, K0NSPIRACY said:

I think what you are experiencing atm is the problem of no VRR.. Somehow that was over looked in Halo Infinite. They are aware of this issue as it effects everyone in game in a different way.. Some more severe .. Every game you play the outcome will be different.. So basically this has to do with frame rates.. 

What do you have set atm.. Quality or Performance?  If your on a Xbox One X you should have this option.

Halo has quite a few Support Tickets open atm.. And im sure you have probably seen how many issues there are.. 343 has been getting alot of harsh criticism coming from all directions..  This VRR issue is a must to get fixed.. 

Zippy.