Cant Find Games Even WITH 3 SERVERS ALLOWED

Originsjuega

Hello, I haven't used Netduma in a long time because I could never get in warzone matches. I came back to use geo filter again and to my surprise nothing has changed. I live in Miami and the game never makes me play there... but when I use No Lag Vpn it actually finds me matches with 27 ping  most of the time. Now I don't want to use the VPN anymore. In the pictures below I chose Seattle, Irvine California and Miami as the servers because those are the easiest servers and Miami gives me 23-27 ping. I cant connect to none of them. The game always want to make me play on Missouri, Texas, New York, and Georgia. This happens everytime, no matter the hour or day. Yes I also tried removing the device, flush cloud, add it back, wait 2 minutes with Bnet closed. I tried resetting by default, you guys haven't update Duma0s on XR500 since I left more than a year ago. I still have the latest version V2.3.2.120, I have Nat open, Open DNS. I tried opening the game on spectating mode then filter and nothing helps... sad stuff. Netduma and warzone used to work very well, maybe this stuff got patched within the game. Because everyone in this forum has had clearly the same issues over and over again. I would suggest that you guys make a software that influence matchmaking like NLVPN, ExitLag so people can find matches faster eb647b63cc3dd59a2326f1e51c544c03.png0bd8c371ee7aa8475acc25da87ebe4f9.png

I did a little bit of digging and look what I found. Seems like Activision patched this so people wont hop on diffetent servers. People are literally stuck in queue forever. This first guy knows a lot about the game, he has helped streamers with overclocks, tech and to get better connection, he also owns a router. So you guys better do something about this or people will stop buying this router, myself included. Geo filter wont even work on Destiny, Apex Legends, etc etc. I cant believe NLVPN actually does work better than a $260 router

20211013_234158.jpg

20211013_234909.jpg

Sorry to hear this!

In the attached screenshot, you appear to be connected to a server in Florida, is this not what you are looking for?

Geo-filter itself also isn't designed to find you easy servers, it can't work that way. It's best used to connect you to a local server with good ping, as you can see in the screenshot you've attached.

Im connected to the server in florida but I wasn't in a match, I was just sktting on the menu. When I start looking for a match I get stuck in queue and it wont find any match. Me and others believe that Activision patched the game so you can no longer hop/fence servers, to avoid people from getting on low population servers, but since like 8 months ago you cant even use the router for connecting to the lowest ping server because you will get stuck forever in queue you guy gotta step up, because on most games Geo Fencing just wont work. Fortnite, Apex, Destiny 2 now Warzone

Edited by Originsjuega
Forgot to add something

That said I wonder, why even bother to buy a Netduma Router, there are other routers in the market that do the same as this router. The difference is that you guys could beat SBMM thanks to geo fencing. Now that the game has patched the ability to pick and choose servers buying  Netduma is useless (even for it intended purpose) just look at the ammount of people here in the forum complaining. VPNS do better job at getting a better connection, and Exitlag manipulates the afinity of the routes. You guys havent even updated XR500 in over a year. Did you guys really just gave up? :(

33 minutes ago, Originsjuega said:

Im connected to the server in florida but I wasn't in a match, I was just sktting on the menu. When I start looking for a match I get stuck in queue and it wont find any match. Me and others believe that Activision patched the game so you can no longer hop/fence servers, to avoid people from getting on low population servers, but since like 8 months ago you cant even use the router for connecting to the lowest ping server because you will get stuck forever in queue you guy gotta step up, because on most games Geo Fencing just wont work. Fortnite, Apex, Destiny 2 now Warzone

I think it's more a case of tweaking your settings, your radius only really covers one server you could feasibly play on, if that server is busy or currently not being used for matchmaking, you won't find a game. Your other radius on the West Coast will cover quite high ping servers for you, meaning you'll struggle to get a game on them. I'd suggest expanding the local polygon to cover a couple of other servers. They can probably implement a patch to stop people joining servers if their ping is too high, but that doesn't really affect us, just the users that bought our product for the wrong reasons.

14 minutes ago, Originsjuega said:

That said I wonder, why even bother to buy a Netduma Router, there are other routers in the market that do the same as this router. The difference is that you guys could beat SBMM thanks to geo fencing. Now that the game has patched the ability to pick and choose servers buying  Netduma is useless (even for it intended purpose) just look at the ammount of people here in the forum complaining. VPNS do better job at getting a better connection, and Exitlag manipulates the afinity of the routes. You guys havent even updated XR500 in over a year. Did you guys really just gave up? :(

I respect what you're saying, it may be that they patch this and people can't use DumaOS for unintended purposes, but DumaOS still works very well for it's intended purposes.

It's a support forum after all, we have this so people can discuss problems they need support with, it'd be weird if you didn't see a bunch of problems here. 

The last firmware we pushed for the XR500 was the 3.0 beta firmware 7 months ago, we're aware that's too long. It's due to a lot of improvements we're making internally to ensure firmwares can be built, tested and released far more quickly. This was a long process but it's almost fully implemented now so the firmwares will be rolling out as a result of that soon.

2 hours ago, Originsjuega said:

Just a bit of info, Exitlag is a service that relies on peering contracts, it’s the same as your isp. Peering contracts are important. Here’s a little info on BTs peering.

http://www.bt.net/network-information.html

Now not all isp’s have the same level of peering but here in the U.K. most large isp’s have very good peering contracts. There’s no manipulation of the path or route it’s purely down to peering. 

would I for example see a difference, no as BT who I’m with have a far larger hold of peering contracts than using Exitlag. 

Ok, but you guys in the past have promoted what you call "unintended use", just look at this screenshot. Lets face it MOST (not all) people who bought this router FOR COD was to get around SBMM if you would've keep on trying and trying you guys would have more sales and possitive feedback, look at (once again) how popular NLVPN is, everyone uses it and 100% gets you low ping games with low sbmm . This screenshot was on 2019, its 2021 and you guys have made no progress at all. And Im saying this with a lot of respect, because I love Netduma, but it pains me to see this. You guys are still struggling with ping heatmap when Exitlag never have issues with it, you guys said a year ago that were working on a tool to fix that issue. But its almost 2022 and no progress. 😕

Screenshot_20211014-105157_Chrome.jpg

• Administrators

Updating the servers manually hasn't been an issue before, it's only now it's happening so frequently that it's presented an issue so we're working on that alternate solution. I don't think going against SBMM is a good idea, that would be allowing people to cheat, whether it's 'cheating' or not you're getting around a game mechanic. We're certainly not helping people to do it. The router has and always will be about getting the best connection possible.

Personally I don't really understand the whole SBMM thing, why would you want to play against less skilled players? 

32 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Just a bit of info, Exitlag is a service that relies on peering contracts, it’s the same as your isp. Peering contracts are important. Here’s a little info on BTs peering.

http://www.bt.net/network-information.html

Now not all isp’s have the same level of peering but here in the U.K. most large isp’s have very good peering contracts. There’s no manipulation of the path or route it’s purely down to peering. 

would I for example see a difference, no as BT who I’m with have a far larger hold of peering contracts than using Exitlag. 

Welp its important to a degree, I used to combine Haste with geo fencing and worked wonders, the peering would actually help the game to force your connection to the server you wanted. It helped reduce the time in queue tremendously. I suggested that Netduma and Haste to work together but it didnt happen, Now Exitlag bought Haste. But Exitlag doesnt work too well with geo filter.

1 minute ago, Originsjuega said:

Welp its important to a degree, I used to combine Haste with geo fencing and worked wonders, the peering would actually help the game to force your connection to the server you wanted. It helped reduce the time in queue tremendously. I suggested that Netduma and Haste to work together but it didnt happen, Now Exitlag bought Haste. But Exitlag doesnt work too well with geo filter.

That’s down to your isp, they all differ. Unfortunately there’s no level playing field but thankfully my isp offers great peering. Perhaps the acquisition aided their peering.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Updating the servers manually hasn't been an issue before, it's only now it's happening so frequently that it's presented an issue so we're working on that alternate solution. I don't think going against SBMM is a good idea, that would be allowing people to cheat, whether it's 'cheating' or not you're getting around a game mechanic. We're certainly not helping people to do it. The router has and always will be about getting the best connection possible.

Personally I don't really understand the whole SBMM thing, why would you want to play against less skilled players? 

Mostly to not play against cheaters, also SBMM on gamemodes that aren't ranked are just not fun. That's why if there would be any ranked mode on warzone you will see less talk about SBMM here in the forum. But in public games is a joke. I have 4.2 KD, If I wanted to play with friends that usually only play twice a week they get bodied. But mostly people want to avoid cheaters (at least in Warzone with the current cheating crisis)

5 minutes ago, Newfie said:

That’s down to your isp, they all differ. Unfortunately there’s no level playing field but thankfully my isp offers great peering. Perhaps the acquisition aided their peering.

You are lucky, I have AT&T and I cant never be routed to Miami server unless I use a NLVPN or Former Haste combined with geo filter

17 minutes ago, Originsjuega said:

You are lucky, I have AT&T and I cant never be routed to Miami server unless I use a NLVPN or Former Haste combined with geo filter

Sadly that’s the way the cookie crumbles. 

18 minutes ago, Originsjuega said:

Mostly to not play against cheaters, also SBMM on gamemodes that aren't ranked are just not fun. That's why if there would be any ranked mode on warzone you will see less talk about SBMM here in the forum. But in public games is a joke. I have 4.2 KD, If I wanted to play with friends that usually only play twice a week they get bodied. But mostly people want to avoid cheaters (at least in Warzone with the current cheating crisis)

Have they not just banned a large number of players? Sadly cheating ruins the game for everyone and for companies it’s a never ending game of finding ways to stop this. It’s very much like exploits on routers or companies being attacked, it’s a forever chasing game.

The trouble is with this type of game those who play it a lot tend to be better than the casual players, I use to play Quake ii and we played constantly to improve our game. That’s the problem with lots of these style of games. 
it is nice to see Hell let loose appearing on the console, that’s a bit more laid back and team work rather than a quick shot, kill, die, respawn type fps. It’s slower so not so fast actioned and more involving. Sometimes it pays to try other games to get the fun back.

16 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Have they not just banned a large number of players? Sadly cheating ruins the game for everyone and for companies it’s a never ending game of finding ways to stop this. It’s very much like exploits on routers or companies being attacked, it’s a forever chasing game.

The trouble is with this type of game those who play it a lot tend to be better than the casual players, I use to play Quake ii and we played constantly to improve our game. That’s the problem with lots of these style of games. 
it is nice to see Hell let loose appearing on the console, that’s a bit more laid back and team work rather than a quick shot, kill, die, respawn type fps. It’s slower so not so fast actioned and more involving. Sometimes it pays to try other games to get the fun back.

I agree but some people make a living out this one game, for it to be ruined by cheaters. Thats why people are trying to get around SBMM. Cheaters have high stats and very often they get matched against the more decent/good players. In other games with good anti cheat like Valorant and Fortnite you WILL NEVER hear anyone trying to get around SBMM. If I was a CEO of a company like Netduma I would try to attack this problem and EVOLVE, SBMM ignores connection, matches you against cheaters in most free to play games (they are the most popular/populated) like Apex, Destiny 2, CSGO, Warzone. But thats just me, I remember whem people found out you could bypass sbmm using Netduma everyone bought and everything was soldout. Its crazy to think this has never happened again, instead everyone went to buy NLVPN

Edited by Originsjuega
Forgot to add something

27 minutes ago, Originsjuega said:

I agree but some people make a living out this one game, for it to be ruined by cheaters. Thats why people are trying to get around SBMM. Cheaters have high stats and very often they get matched against the more decent/good players. In other games with good anti cheat like Valorant and Fortnite you WILL NEVER hear anyone trying to get around SBMM. If I was a CEO of a company like Netduma I would try to attack this problem and EVOLVE, SBMM ignores connection, matches you against cheaters in most free to play games (they are the most popular/populated) like Apex, Destiny 2, CSGO, Warzone. But thats just me,

Duma is not about working round systems in place. It’s about giving you the best connection but it’s also about controlling your network. it’s a combined packaged aimed at giving you a great experience for games and for others using the network. 
People may want to earn a living but you and your friends play for fun. When it’s not fun and let’s be honest you are here complaining it’s not a great experience then sometimes you need to step back. We all want fun after a days work.
Fornite has issues on the console, it’s sadly the way of today. They can’t stop the third party devices which are used across most games and again it’s just wrecking the fun.

to work around the matchmaking would be cheating yes? It’s can’t go both ways and hand on heart but I know the team and their passion is to purely provide a router that gives users great experience. The problem you have is Activision and their mechanics and there is the route of the issue as well as others working around the mechanics of the game. It’s not for Netduma to sort out issues a company has with their games. 

I wish I had the answer for you but sadly I don’t. What I do is simply move on and tonight I’m on Red Dead 2 having my evening fill of fun. 

2 hours ago, Fuzy said:

I hope that a lot of YT channels, twitch etc ... will be closed if they finally manage to create an anticheat against these poor guys !!!!

most will be fine... remember that a lot of those youtubers/streamers talked wonders and were recommending your routers now look on YT ... lol no one is talking about it, because the only reason it gained popularity was because it could get you around sbmm, Just look at youtube search. Literally the first video that comes up is about bot lobbies lol you all can be in denial. But what I say is the truth

586c0c8f0d043419c5932cf0b3aaf398.png 4066e252a22b49893b53807d2719e9bd.png

On 10/14/2021 at 12:49 PM, Originsjuega said:

I actually have quite a following on YT and you would be surprised on how cheaters affect my gameplay, I have tried to work with netduma together but its no use 

Respectfully, "Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing" 

On 10/14/2021 at 12:49 PM, Originsjuega said:

I actually have quite a following on YT and you would be surprised on how cheaters affect my gameplay, I have tried to work with netduma together but its no use 

Also, since you have a 4.2 KD I'm not exactly seeing the problem here. Lobbies AVERAGE KDs are usually around a 1.0-1.1 if not lower sometimes. I'm honestly sick of people like you coming here to forums. If you're looking for bots in a lobby and you cant find any then you're the bot. Get good or find a new game to play because nobody here in the forums especially the net duma team is here to save you, respectfully.  

On 10/13/2021 at 8:03 PM, Originsjuega said:

Because everyone in this forum has had clearly the same issues over and over again. I would suggest that you guys make a software that influence matchmaking like NLVPN, ExitLag so people can find matches faster 

I have never once had this issue, sometimes it takes a little longer to find a lobby depending on how tight you have the geo filter set. I also can connect to any warzone server thats live any where on the map with out using a vpn and again sometimes it takes longer then others but it still connects. I am not a fan of the method you are using for the geo filter, i set the home pin on top of the server i want to connect to then i set the geo filter radius to 311 miles. I then exit the game, delete the saved game data and cache then re launch so the game things my location is now where i have my home pin set

3 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

I have never once had this issue, sometimes it takes a little longer to find a lobby depending on how tight you have the geo filter set. I also can connect to any warzone server thats live any where on the map with out using a vpn and again sometimes it takes longer then others but it still connects. I am not a fan of the method you are using for the geo filter, i set the home pin on top of the server i want to connect to then i set the geo filter radius to 311 miles. I then exit the game, delete the saved game data and cache then re launch so the game things my location is now where i have my home pin set

To be fair I know Liam and Fraser have voiced this before.. They're not here to support people by passing SBMM. If you know how to do it that is great but you wont be getting any support on it.