Ping Heatmap failed on Warzone

PillCosbyJr

Hi @Netduma Fraser and @Netduma Liam I started to write in this post a month ago and after doing a "resync cloud" it was working fine for meat that time, but just to let you know, now it's happening again is not working.. I tried resync cloud, restarting the router after it and nothing happens. I can also see people asking about it so I guess is not only a resync.

Also I wanted to ask, I live in Australia, I use Geofilter to play in America (california) with some friends over there and I was playing sometimes around Malasia, Korea and Japan.. I don't mind too much about the ping, I'm used to it because I play a lot with my american friends.. is there a way to get a list of servers around america and asia to manually add them into a list? honestly I don't like to play in Australia even with my good ping, SBMM here sucks, I never find a relaxed server, it's full of cheaters and sweaty lobbies and I'm trying to play more for fun you know? and usually when I have played in America or Asia I have had more fun with my friends who also play more in a casual way.

Thanks!

2021-09-23 18_26_23-Window.jpg

Edited by AlexNavas84
was missing some words

• Administrators
15 hours ago, zman1156 said:

Thanks Fraser is there any ETA? 

We were running into a few issues but hopefully by the end of tomorrow.

5 hours ago, AlexNavas84 said:

Hi @Netduma Fraser and @Netduma Liam I started to write in this post a month ago and after doing a "resync cloud" it was working fine for meat that time, but just to let you know, now it's happening again is not working.. I tried resync cloud, restarting the router after it and nothing happens. I can also see people asking about it so I guess is not only a resync.

Also I wanted to ask, I live in Australia, I use Geofilter to play in America (california) with some friends over there and I was playing sometimes around Malasia, Korea and Japan.. I don't mind too much about the ping, I'm used to it because I play a lot with my american friends.. is there a way to get a list of servers around america and asia to manually add them into a list? honestly I don't like to play in Australia even with my good ping, SBMM here sucks, I never find a relaxed server, it's full of cheaters and sweaty lobbies and I'm trying to play more for fun you know? and usually when I have played in America or Asia I have had more fun with my friends who also play more in a casual way.

Thanks!

We're testing it at the moment and will update it as soon as we can.

So on Ping Heatmap ping the game, then click on the servers in the places you want, on the ping box that opens below the map add it to the list. Then you can make a custom list of the servers you usually play on/want to know the ping of. 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We were running into a few issues but hopefully by the end of tomorrow.

We're testing it at the moment and will update it as soon as we can.

So on Ping Heatmap ping the game, then click on the servers in the places you want, on the ping box that opens below the map add it to the list. Then you can make a custom list of the servers you usually play on/want to know the ping of. 

Same r1 3.0.207 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, keos1987 said:

I have the same issue, but my heatmap finds and fails them all.

Everyone will have the same issue, it's something we need to update, we'll be doing that early next week but don't worry it doesn't impact your ability to use the Geo-Filter.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, MrBluuman said:

Mine does not work, I have looked at all the comments and tried all of these

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Activision are updating the servers multiple times a day which makes it harder to keep up. We did push an update earlier, resync the cloud, if it doesn't work we'll need to update again tomorrow. We are looking for a more permanent solution currently.

On 9/29/2021 at 4:03 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Activision are updating the servers multiple times a day which makes it harder to keep up. We did push an update earlier, resync the cloud, if it doesn't work we'll need to update again tomorrow. We are looking for a more permanent solution currently.

Any ETA on a fix yet Fraser? I know you guys are working hard on it. I really miss my ping heat map though :(:(:(

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, zman1156 said:

Any ETA on a fix yet Fraser? I know you guys are working hard on it. I really miss my ping heat map though :(:(:(

Nothing to report at the moment as it's the weekend. Will have a better idea next week.

In my opinion, this heat ping is useless. Because the ping that appears on the map does not match the reality inside the lobby. I suggest that you remove this heat ping and use it to create something new, like queuing cake packages in qos.

Hello, I have the same issue with the Ping heatmap not finding any servers.. i can see you are still trying to sort out the issue which is fine. However, i live in the Middle East and have set the Geo filter to search for games only in the middle east with strict mode on but the game is still placing me in games outside the region i.e. I used to play with <40ms now 100ms. I've tried deleting the device, resyncing the cloud etc. but it hasnt worked as i still play with a higher ping.

Do you have any advice to help place me back in ME servers. Also, sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Derlandes said:

In my opinion, this heat ping is useless. Because the ping that appears on the map does not match the reality inside the lobby. I suggest that you remove this heat ping and use it to create something new, like queuing cake packages in qos.

Thanks for the feedback, the ping you see in game shouldn't be too much more than what you see in Ping Heatmap/Geo-filter. There will be a slight difference though because there are extra factors in-game.

3 hours ago, Waldo_14 said:

Hello, I have the same issue with the Ping heatmap not finding any servers.. i can see you are still trying to sort out the issue which is fine. However, i live in the Middle East and have set the Geo filter to search for games only in the middle east with strict mode on but the game is still placing me in games outside the region i.e. I used to play with <40ms now 100ms. I've tried deleting the device, resyncing the cloud etc. but it hasnt worked as i still play with a higher ping.

Do you have any advice to help place me back in ME servers. Also, sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place.

Thanks

We're working on a solution today for it, hopefully we'll be able to push an update by the end of the day. You should still be able to Geo-filter fine in the meantime, can you send over a screenshot of exactly how you've got Geo-filter configured?

9 hours ago, Derlandes said:

Well luckily its only your opinion and not a fact... Also the whole point is not only the ping but knowing the location so you know where to specifically geo filter.

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for the feedback, the ping you see in game shouldn't be too much more than what you see in Ping Heatmap/Geo-filter. There will be a slight difference though because there are extra factors in-game.

We're working on a solution today for it, hopefully we'll be able to push an update by the end of the day. You should still be able to Geo-filter fine in the meantime, can you send over a screenshot of exactly how you've got Geo-filter configured?

Thank you Liam, attached the pics. Allowed Servers are <40ms.

Snap1.JPG

Snap2.JPG

Snap3.JPG

18 hours ago, Waldo_14 said:

Thank you Liam, attached the pics. Allowed Servers are <40ms

Thank you, could you please disable Auto Ping Host and click on the largest icon on the map next time you're in a game, in the case of your above screenshot it would be the peer connection in Egypt.

In the panel that appears, what ping does it show?

8 hours ago, QuanzaQU said:

Have you updated the Warzone Server list? 
Ping Heatmap has been down for me for the past couple of weeks

Welcome to the forum!

We have, but it appears they're now not responding again, I'll let the team know now.

On 10/5/2021 at 2:10 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Thank you, could you please disable Auto Ping Host and click on the largest icon on the map next time you're in a game, in the case of your above screenshot it would be the peer connection in Egypt.

In the panel that appears, what ping does it show?

Hi Liam, Ping heatmap doesnt show anything and no player/server connections are showing everything is dead... Pictures taken during a game with <40ms ping. I think the middle east servers start to open after 7pm GMT. Before that, all games were <100 ms ping.  

image.png

image.png

• Administrators

Ping Heatmap we're still working to counteract them updating the servers so much. For the Geo-Filter do this and see if it works better:

1. Quit the game and game client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC the PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up the game

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ping Heatmap we're still working to counteract them updating the servers so much. For the Geo-Filter do this and see if it works better:

1. Quit the game and game client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC the PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up the game

Followed the mentioned steps above ^^ 
I seem to still be having issues resyncing the Geo-Filter Cloud.

Screenshot (3).png

6 hours ago, QuanzaQU said:

Followed the mentioned steps above ^^ 
I seem to still be having issues resyncing the Geo-Filter Cloud.

That's fine, don't worry about that error. The cloud will have re-synced successfully, it just took longer than it would've liked.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, QuanzaQU said:

Solid Thanks! 
Assuming Heat Map will be down for a bit?

We are working on our alternate solution and while we do that we'll keep pushing updates - it likely won't stay updated for long as they keep changing but resync every so often just in case