Ping Heatmap failed on Warzone

PillCosbyJr

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, PillCosbyJr said:

How do you guys go about updating the server list? Do you guys do it every 2 weeks? Or wait for issue to be reported?

We have a system that informs us if failed to ping servers hits a certain amount - we're still working on that so it's not perfect, otherwise people are usually quite quick to report if a game is failing to ping a significant amount and depending on that report we can sometimes get an update out the same day or within a few days. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
8 hours ago, PillCosbyJr said:

May need the cloud list to be updated again, seems like SA has no list of server now where it use to have.

I can see one server there but there are 14 failing overall so we'll get an update out next week, thanks for the report!

List of South America again, has been cleared. Please resync the cloud. 

This is for Warzone and Cold War. Activision apparently update their South America frequently, it would be great if you guys can update the list more often and probably every Friday.

It sucks to get home and the server are not updated on the list and end up having to wait for the update

11 hours ago, PillCosbyJr said:

List of South America again, has been cleared. Please resync the cloud. 

This is for Warzone and Cold War. Activision apparently update their South America frequently, it would be great if you guys can update the list more often and probably every Friday.

It sucks to get home and the server are not updated on the list and end up having to wait for the update

Thanks for letting us know, this popped up internally today so I've made the team aware of it, they should be able to update that today for you.

We've been working on some improvements internally to keep it up-to-date and it will be getting better.

• Administrators

Yeah so one was done late yesterday, doesn't seem to have got those servers, team didn't have time today to do it, so it's planned for tomorrow. You'll still be able to force those servers using the Geo-Filter, just won't appear on Heatmap until the update is done.

58 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah so one was done late yesterday, doesn't seem to have got those servers, team didn't have time today to do it, so it's planned for tomorrow. You'll still be able to force those servers using the Geo-Filter, just won't appear on Heatmap until the update is done.

I was not aware that matches can still be found without the heat map showing up on the server. I only noticed that it took a while to find matches and was unable to successfully find a match. Thus i assumed without the heatmap showing up on the server, it will not find the server or match the server within the area.

I will try again and see if it find a match without the heatmap showing up.

• Administrators

Ah no, the Heatmap is just an informative tool to help you find where the servers are and what pings the best. It won't have an impact on your ability to find those servers using the Geo-Filter. The Geo-Filter will show any connections and we don't need to do any updates for that, let us know how you get on.