I officially turned my R2 OFF

noctwrnyA

I luv the product specially in the beginning, then the issues. Weak wifi, problems WITH wifi, geo-filter issues, losing connections, I thought since it is a new product n on demand should be receiving mass firmware updates, I posted before in the forum stating that maybe a single update with the feature to reboot the router on a schedule could fix some issues or at least taking some of the frustration off the consumers.

I switched back to my top-line until I hear of a update for the R2

48 minutes ago, noctwrnyA said:

I luv the product specially in the beginning, then the issues. Weak wifi, problems WITH wifi, geo-filter issues, losing connections, I thought since it is a new product n on demand should be receiving mass firmware updates, I posted before in the forum stating that maybe a single update with the feature to reboot the router on a schedule could fix some issues or at least taking some of the frustration off the consumers.

Probably I'm going to do the same.

47 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I thought you were able to resolve your issues by ensuring it doesn't overheat?

Hi Fraser:

I'm going to enumerate my issues:

1- See how I need to have the GeoFilter configured because your updates are not accurate (the little square is where is a lot of FL servers):

Thank God the Matchmaking server of CoD does a great job and I always connect to servers between 55ms and 90ms because right now the GeoFilter is useless because you don't update geography speaking the servers correctly ( I have tested and I played with and without Netduma) and the feel is the same, I connect to the same servers (55-90ms). And this is the main feature of Netduma and you dont keep it update correctly.

image.png.75122e9e09855b5d4c81c04e24fc5d7e.png

2- I cannot trust 100% of ping assist because sometimes I connect to servers with 50-60ms (in game) but Netduma says the connection to that server is 80-90ms.

3- Wifi works awful.

4- I need to restart the R2 manually every Sunday because the GeoFilter map crash later if I don't reboot it. (it happened 4 times).

5- I cannot monitor the bandwidth per user or application usage per month because the SNMP or other protocol to monitor is disabled and I have been asking for the "Data History" Rapp for months but always the answer is the same: "we are working on this".

6- I cannot download the App in Android and is still in "Alpha" version.

But you as company prefer to create Youtube videos and Giveaways than resolve the issues (updates more often) or keep the Geofilter updated.

My plan is to play with the GeoFilter disabled and if I still keep getting servers between 55 and 90ms I'm going to shutdown the R2 and buy a router that I can monitor my BW per month.

Cheers.

• Administrators

To answer your points:

1. Give me the IPs of those specific servers and I'll get them moved for the next update
  2. How many icons are shown on the Geo-Filter Map when that happens?
  3. Setting the antennae like _ | | _ can improve the range, also ensure no wireless/electrical devices are in close proximity as that can interfere with the signal
  4. What do you mean it crashes exactly, do you get an error?
  5. Data History is a massive feature, I'm glad you're looking forward to it but it's not something we can rush out. Especially as some people have data caps on their internet, if we calculate this incorrectly people could be charged heavily by their ISP if they believe they're still within their limit.
  6. That's not the reason you're not able to download it from the Google Store on Android, it was due to an error that the Google Store flagged it and took it down. As of today it is back up and you can download it again.

The marketing guys do the videos and giveaways, we can have them coding but that would slow everything down and cause more issues - the devs only work on development and do so every day, the company itself is able to multi-task. 

To be fair regarding point 5, monitoring devices and the info they handle is a struggle on most routers that offer this. Might be fine if you are using an enterprise router with or without licences but many are not 100% accurate and most home routers if powered off or suffer a power loss will lose that info. 
I don’t trust my Unifi as it clearly does not accurately record all the information even with all its detailed structure. 

it’s handy to see issues or what type of data is being accessed but it should be as a rough guide and once it gets detailed it’s going to start to use more memory and again there are limits for home routers. 

55 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

To answer your points:

1. Give me the IPs of those specific servers and I'll get them moved for the next update
  2. How many icons are shown on the Geo-Filter Map when that happens?
  3. Setting the antennae like _ | | _ can improve the range, also ensure no wireless/electrical devices are in close proximity as that can interfere with the signal
  4. What do you mean it crashes exactly, do you get an error?
  5. Data History is a massive feature, I'm glad you're looking forward to it but it's not something we can rush out. Especially as some people have data caps on their internet, if we calculate this incorrectly people could be charged heavily by their ISP if they believe they're still within their limit.
  6. That's not the reason you're not able to download it from the Google Store on Android, it was due to an error that the Google Store flagged it and took it down. As of today it is back up and you can download it again.

The marketing guys do the videos and giveaways, we can have them coding but that would slow everything down and cause more issues - the devs only work on development and do so every day, the company itself is able to multi-task. 

First of all, thank you Fraser for your support.

1. ok, I'm going to create a spreadsheet to collect the IDs and IPs.

2. Let me know if you are able to download the last video: 

3. Ok, I'm going to try, keep you updated.

4. It says something like: caught UP.

5. Ok, but other vendors offered this feature.

6. Ok, I'm going to try download it again.

Thanks!

• Administrators
  1. That would be great thanks, I'll then pass that onto Alex and he'll update it
  2. Was the ping on the Geo-Filter fluctuating a lot on that one?
  3. Great!
  4. If you can take a screenshot of that next time you see it that would be helpful
  5. They don't offer the gaming features we have though which is the purpose of the router, we are making features like Data History which don't necessarily help gaming but as such they're not a standard feature
  6. Great!

I put my r2 away a few months ago what with all the disconnection poor wifi having to reset every 48hrs poor hit reg and lag. In my opinion  not enough R&D it's a  software and hardware issue gone back to my tp link and all the issues have gone 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, scoobypreza said:

I put my r2 away a few months ago what with all the disconnection poor wifi having to reset every 48hrs poor hit reg and lag. In my opinion  not enough R&D it's a  software and hardware issue gone back to my tp link and all the issues have gone 

Disconnects and WiFi can be improved somewhat through settings changes. What poor hit reg and lag are you having? You shouldn't be having that when it's setup correctly

• 4 weeks later...

So still inpatient for the update, hopefully comes before a decade. 

...anyway I decided to hook the R2 back up, this time I running the wifi with my tp-link as an AP

ITS RUNNING BEAUTIFUL so far.

Tho IPs comin from the tp-link won't register on the network app, so i can't manage my wifi devices.

2 days counting...... no disconnecting, no need to reboot, i think that's the way to go if u ask me. Or perhaps I'm speaking prematurely .

I'll keep u guys posted 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, noctwrnyA said:

So still inpatient for the update, hopefully comes before a decade. 

...anyway I decided to hook the R2 back up, this time I running the wifi with my tp-link as an AP

ITS RUNNING BEAUTIFUL so far.

Tho IPs comin from the tp-link won't register on the network app, so i can't manage my wifi devices.

2 days counting...... no disconnecting, no need to reboot, i think that's the way to go if u ask me. Or perhaps I'm speaking prematurely .

I'll keep u guys posted 

Glad to hear it is running well! What network app are you referring to exactly?

On 6/29/2021 at 6:47 PM, noctwrnyA said:

Got rid of mine now, just had too many issues, you cant even turn it off and on without the WiFi dying. 

34 minutes ago, SlowFoShow said:

Got rid of mine now, just had too many issues, you cant even turn it off and on without the WiFi dying. 

Sorry to hear that, let us know if you hook it up again and we can look into any issues you may have with you. Most routers will drop Wi-Fi when powered off, I don't think this is unique to DumaOS.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Shah_Tha_Sharq said:

@Netduma FraserFraser I think the marketing team should make a video on how to setup the R2 properly such as setting up a static wan IP as that's the issues most people maybe facing with internet drops.

That's difficult because although you can set it on the R2 it's not the best way to do it and could cause issues. Best is to do it on the ISP router, copy the WAN IP from the R2 System Information page, go to the ISP modem/router and set it as static/reserved in LAN Settings

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2021 at 7:11 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear it is running well! What network app are you referring to exactly?

i was talkin bout device manager, but not biggie im not worry about that.

...any news on the firmware update?

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, noctwrnyA said:

i was talkin bout device manager, but not biggie im not worry about that.

...any news on the firmware update?

I've asked the team about an update so I should hear back tomorrow about an estimate, won't be able to share it but I'll at least be able to indicate how long it may be.

On 6/29/2021 at 10:27 PM, Newfie said:

To be fair regarding point 5, monitoring devices and the info they handle is a struggle on most routers that offer this. Might be fine if you are using an enterprise router with or without licences but many are not 100% accurate and most home routers if powered off or suffer a power loss will lose that info. 
I don’t trust my Unifi as it clearly does not accurately record all the information even with all its detailed structure. 

it’s handy to see issues or what type of data is being accessed but it should be as a rough guide and once it gets detailed it’s going to start to use more memory and again there are limits for home routers. 

I am not quite understanding this; If a router has a SNMP daemon enabled is because I want ANOTHER device to collect it's information, store it and serve it on demand; From what I understood from the OP, that was the intended functionality.

8 hours ago, ketheriel said:

I am not quite understanding this; If a router has a SNMP daemon enabled is because I want ANOTHER device to collect it's information, store it and serve it on demand; From what I understood from the OP, that was the intended functionality.

The basic answer is it can’t as it stands. Some routers offer all 3 versions of SNMP with V3 being the most secure. I’m guessing the team prefer to keep all stats onboard which is not a bad thing. There are security concerns using SNMP so you really need at least V2 64 counter support rather than V1 32  plain text which is not encrypted. V3 offers the best for security.

The router I have is onboard and there is a way of SSH into it to use other means but the onboard info is plenty and there’s 16Gb of ram to handle the collection of data with options to store more in depth stats. It’s not fully supported though and it’s not 64 either so has limits even though it shows this option but is not really supported as such.