Help with XR500 router config for Warzone Nat type

Hello,

I am looking for assistance with configuring my XR500 router to get an Open NAT type for CoD Warzone as my NAT type is reporting as Moderate. Here is my current network path:
PC > Switch (Netgear GS316 Unmanaged) > Router (XR500 (AC2600)) > Modem (Netgear CM1000). XR500 firmware is V2.3.2.56. If it matters, Cat6 cables connect each device.

I have attached screen shots of my current port forwarding rules config for Warzone. And yes, my PC has a static IP address.

Currently have QoS turned off as having it on didn't allow WiFi calling for my iPhone X (separately, has this been fixed? I heard that v3 beta might have a fix for this)

My Geo-Filter config is completely default, I've never touched it. 

Nat Filtering in the WAN Settings is set to Secured. I tried setting this to Opened, but it didn't seem to help so I reverted it back to Secured.

For reference, here is Activision's documentation for CoD port forwarding: Ports Used for Call of Duty Games (activision.com)

I followed this post for port forwarding instrcutions: Ultimate NAT Guide and settings for XR500 - NETGEAR Communities

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! 

Tom PC MW TCP 1.PNG

Tom PC MW TCP 2.PNG

Tom PC MW UPD 1.PNG

Tom PC MW UPD 2.PNG

Tom PC MW UPD 3.PNG

Tom PC MW UPD 4.PNG

Thanks for posting and for the great details!

Could you try accessing your modem's interface and set a reserved IP for the XR, then put this IP in the Modem's DMZ.

You may need to disable your port forwarding rules while you test if this has helped your NAT type as they can cause additional issues when paired with the above suggestion.

Before I do so, I just wanted to ask about DMZ. I’m unfamiliar with what exactly it is and I think I’ve read that doing so is generally not ideal config (tho my brain might be making this up). 
Are there any downsides to setting DMZ up? Really just asking for my own understanding. 

12 hours ago, Tomago427 said:

Before I do so, I just wanted to ask about DMZ. I’m unfamiliar with what exactly it is and I think I’ve read that doing so is generally not ideal config (tho my brain might be making this up). 
Are there any downsides to setting DMZ up? Really just asking for my own understanding. 

In this scenario, no, but well done for asking first! As the XR500 has it's own firewall, there's no issue with having the XR in the DMZ here.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The CM is a pure modem so it won't be possible to do this. Disable the Geo-Filter completely then boot up the client/game and check the NAT status, it can sometimes cause a misreading.