Hit Detection, Fluidity & Better Timing Secret (MW/BO4/CW): Discovered?

East

On 1/29/2021 at 6:58 AM, blackfirehawk said:

I Had sayed a year ago that this isnt a Connection Problem from the Servers or from the Router.. Nobody Listen to me..

Its a Processing Problem from the console/PC that Run the Game.. 

If you are CPU Bound you get paketloss becouse the Game discard Pakets it cant process in time. If your CPU usage Spikes and you get framedrops you will get the Paketburst Symbol.

With better RAM you can Shift the CPU bottlenecked.. old Gen consoles are heavy Hardware Limited

I have Upgraded to a 5950x with 32gb 3600mhz RAM and have never Seen the Paketburst Icon again..

The other Thing is that Windows Network Default config is for throuput with minimal CPU usage.. Not for low latency

It clumbs multiply Pakets togheter and the Game uses only the latest one to process and discard the Others

Disable Interrupt Moderation, Paket offloads and Receive Side coalscaling and you will see a neat near perfect hitdetection

how to disable interrupt moderation, paket offloads and Receive Side coalescing and you will see a neat near perfect hit detection?

13 hours ago, benilsondias said:

how to disable interrupt moderation, paket offloads and Receive Side coalescing and you will see a neat near perfect hit detection?

Do not bother tweaking those settings.  It's truly placebo for playing COD.  Once I learned this I've kept them at default and haven't looked back.  Changing those settings can and will do more harm then good as you aren't gaming online 24/7.  You still want to web browse, watch videos, etc. where bandwidth is needed.

To be fair he was on the right track, there is something hampering you and it's not your PC nor internet provider.  Its the game itself. 

21 hours ago, East said:

Do not bother tweaking those settings.  It's truly placebo for playing COD.  Once I learned this I've kept them at default and haven't looked back.  Changing those settings can and will do more harm then good as you aren't gaming online 24/7.  You still want to web browse, watch videos, etc. where bandwidth is needed.

To be fair he was on the right track, there is something hampering you and it's not your PC nor internet provider.  Its the game itself. 

Agreed.

Bundling of packets is actually what makes you joke ppl in cod. 

turn off power management or EEE and you’ll be fine 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 5:33 AM, CRarsenxL said:

Agreed.

Bundling of packets is actually what makes you joke ppl in cod. 

turn off power management or EEE and you’ll be fine 

EEE Is a misery! Enabled by default on Intel boards...

On 4/9/2022 at 10:25 AM, Fuzy said:

EEE Is a misery! Enabled by default on Intel boards...

Indeed.. one of the first things i always do is download new NIC(network interface controller) drivers and make sure EEE and all that other non sense is off. 🥰

You should leave RSS etc on. If you have a modern PC platform it should not matter too much since 1Gbit connections do not hog the CPU too much at full line rate. But what it essentially does is divide incoming traffic across multiple threads instead of just one.

I don't really think that changing to faster RAM actually does much for in game latency but I have no reference to this. It does however influence your frame rate and that does decrease latency, having 100 fps means there is 10ms gap between frames, 200 fps leaves a 5ms gap between frames.

There is multiple things to RAM. You have single rank / dual rank but something that has come up lately is memory chips that have higher density but are also slower. They have 16Gbit chips instead of 8Gbit chips that are often found in high performance modules.

Memory is also platform dependent. The Ryzen platform for example is particularly known to be sensitive to dual rank vs single rank modules, dual rank being significantly faster. So either you use 2 dual ranked modules or you use 4 single rank modules for best effect.

Not all vendors advertise this data. But basically what you are looking for is something like 2Rx8 which means the module is dual rank / 8Gbit chips. And then obviously the best timing configuration you can afford. 

Also modern systems have less input latency. If you look up a YT channel called 'Myconst' he does a lot of stuff with older hardware and recently made a video comparing systems with old server CPU's (Intel Xeon) against the lower end Intel offerings like the i3-12100 and found that they have less input latency even though the CPU's have roughly the same processing power or the Xeon beeing faster in some applications. But this input lag does apply to gaming.

Playing on PC is a bit different compared to console since every system is different and most players are not using the best hardware. So having the latest greatest automatically gives youy a advantage. Ie my PC is Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX3070Ti, 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 and 10Gbit networking, plus I play with Scuf impact, which I have overclocked so input latency is only 1ms. I normally play on 1080P and will see 180-200 FPS. Arguably with a gaming PC you would be better off with the lower Ryzen offerings like 5800X or the new 5800X3D since CPU usage when playing CoD is only 40% or so for me, and you get a little less core frequency due to the power limits when using 16 cores instead of 8.

Do you think the people in the reverse boosted lobbies just have a low ping so the game runs smoother whilst vs them? Then when you jump back into your own matches you're vs some people with 100+ ping or wifi/packetloss messing around with the connection in that match? Cod has never got "lag comp" right there's always some BS happening when there's people with terrible connection in the match. I'm taking a guess here by saying the matches that run good for me are probably ones where everyone has a similar ping cause I can get the same server a few matches later and it runs like shit.

I think in AW it was next to impossible for me to find a local match due to the "non existent SBMM". I'd have to get my gf find a match on her .8kd account which she would have no problem to find almost instantly using the same internet connection. I'd join session and the connection was great. All the matches I'd find myself over half the lobby was either red bar or 2 bar lol. I'm not sure whether there were lobby leaderboards in AW but I do remember looking at people's KD's and we were all over 2, sometimes vs 5KD+ XIM players it was ridiculous 

10 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Do you think the people in the reverse boosted lobbies just have a low ping so the game runs smoother whilst vs them? Then when you jump back into your own matches you're vs some people with 100+ ping or wifi/packetloss messing around with the connection in that match? Cod has never got "lag comp" right there's always some BS happening when there's people with terrible connection in the match. I'm taking a guess here by saying the matches that run good for me are probably ones where everyone has a similar ping cause I can get the same server a few matches later and it runs like shit.

I think in AW it was next to impossible for me to find a local match due to the "non existent SBMM". I'd have to get my gf find a match on her .8kd account which she would have no problem to find almost instantly using the same internet connection. I'd join session and the connection was great. All the matches I'd find myself over half the lobby was either red bar or 2 bar lol. I'm not sure whether there were lobby leaderboards in AW but I do remember looking at people's KD's and we were all over 2, sometimes vs 5KD+ XIM players it was ridiculous 

No, I didn't notice players having "lower pings" nor in the opposite extreme in those RB lobbies. Pings are right were you expect them to be within the normal range. 

When I am on my normal lobbies you get a few good matches then everything gets funky with either hitrego, movement and/or weapon proficiency (this was before I reverse boost).  I use to blame other players or cheaters but I later found out (when I started looking at their stats) it wasn't always the players but the lobbies I was in.  I didn't do "terrible" because the "server" was bad.  I wasn't allowed to play at the specifications set by default for the character/weapon/weapon attachments I was using.  It was some altered, lower/lesser preset. 

Let me explain it in another way...Remember the "PACKET LOSS" warning on the left side of the screen? I would get it in regular and reversed boosted lobbies.  With the same amount of frequency.  Yet in RB lobbies packet loss didn't prevent my bullets from registering like it should.  Nor did packet loss restrict my movement, aim down sight speed, etc.  I played better in RB lobbies even though I saw a lot of "PACKET LOSS" in those lobbies.  Am I making any sense now?

Your example of using your GF account to lobby surf is in fact reverse boosting. Reverse boost was giving you access to a pool of players you were otherwise restricted from. In other words when you used your GF account to surf for lobbies you were put back in general population of the entire player pool. When you use your regular account to lobby surf it wasn't restricting you from certain servers.  It was restricting you from the majority of players playing the game. Who just so happens to be in that server. The true way to shadow ban a player.

Shadow Banning In COD

Your experience, like others, leads me to make a point about how we were falsely lead to believe how they actually shadow ban a player in COD.  You are not shadow banned when you search for lobbies and your ping shoots up to 200-300 ms.  And find yourself in cheater lobbies.  Because there is no "shadow" method about it.  You know you are placed there.  You are prohibited, restricted, coalesced, banned from playing with the local populous etc.  But you are not shadow banned because it's done with your knowledge.

You are shadow banned when you are lead to believe you are playing/can interact with everyone when you cannot.  In which otherwise everything else about how you play the game looks the same. Making your think people aren't playing the game any more. Or, only cheaters are playing.  Because you cannot find full lobbies, decent players, etc. You think it is normal that it should take you 45+ seconds to find a lobby. You think it's normal that everyone has a much higher KD than you. You think it's normal that everyone has a higher score per minute than you. You think it's normal that you shoot first and die first. When in reality it is not. You just don't know any better because you weren't shown any better.

I see it as a form of gaslighting.  You are made to believe "everything is fine" yet you sense something is wrong.  For example, your GF gets into more lobbies faster, better then you, etc.  And when you try to correct or address the situation you are made to believe you are crazy.

It is my opinion that if you do not fall within a certain parameter of skill set then you could be locked out of the majority pool of players with cod. In which you are shadowbanned. When you reverse boost you are removed from that restriction. Some may think that you're put in lobbies with players who play bad. But this is not my experience.

Which brings me to the crux of this revelation. That netduma OS works perfectly fine. It has always worked perfectly fine. Sure there are areas of improvement that they're working on. But when you're not placed in those restrictions you will see that the router that you invested in is actually doing what it's supposed to do. However, it cannot fix something inherently flawed and prohibited within the game itself. Like eomm.

A lot of people that have played cod for a long time have previously mentioned their player feeling sluggish some matches, kind of like running through mud. Are you saying the game is intentionally handicapping them? If so, what could be the reason? Some of these players that I've spoken to in the past aren't even good, so it can't be related to skill and a few high kd players (4-5+) I've asked haven't noticed anything like this (I guess that's why their KD is so high..)

This leads me to believe it's just something networking related with the game and the way it behaves with our connection set up. With the people that I've played with over the years, the ones that I come across in game having a huge advantage over me even when my connection is "great", have all had either crap internet (wireless or 4g) and ping 60ms+. I live in the same state as the servers and I feel I get the shit end of the stick every match cause my ping is low and stable. I've really struggle against people living further away e.g. Melbourne. One of the guys I used to play MW19 with was from there and when we'd play together it's like my game was delayed compared to his. I'd see a few people on my screen and I'd like to think I have quick reflexes but this guy would wipe them all out and I'd either get 1 or no hitmarkers on them. It's like they were already dead before I started shooting at them and this happened every match. I'd understand if he was on PC playing at like 200 FPS but we were both on ps4.

I personally can't play Vanguard without throttling my speeds a ridiculous amount and messing around with my mtu. No matter what router I use, with and without qos, matches are unplayable when bandwidth in uncapped,

This is why you cannot trust YT COD players. Below you will see a short clip from this yt'er stating "Their all in there...I see those **** through the wall!"

Perhaps he was thinking it and didn't mean to say it out loud.  In any case this was suppose to be a weapon attachment video. 🤪

Start Watching From 17:11 to 17:23

This player has a pretty large following.  So, I can only assume someone here has heard of him.  My point is that you cannot relay on these vids as a guide to good hit rego, movement speed, etc when they are dropping 1-3 nukes per match.  More then likely, something else is going on. 

My point is that there is pendulum effect between game behavior that is too good to be true to normal to worst. You have to filter them to know what you should really achieve.

On 4/29/2022 at 6:32 PM, East said:

This is why you cannot trust YT COD players. Below you will see a short clip from this yt'er stating "Their all in there...I see those **** through the wall!"

Perhaps he was thinking it and didn't mean to say it out loud.  In any case this was suppose to be a weapon attachment video. 🤪

This player has a pretty large following.  So, I can only assume someone here has heard of him.  My point is that you cannot relay on these vids as a guide to good hit rego, movement speed, etc when they are dropping 1-3 nukes per match.  More then likely, something else is going on. 

My point is that there is pendulum effect between game behavior that is too good to be true to normal to worst. You have to filter them to know what you should really achieve.

He's a reverse booster. Done many videos about it if you look thru his vids.

On 4/30/2022 at 3:03 PM, N3CR0 said:

He's a reverse booster. Done many videos about it if you look thru his vids.

I would love to know how you can move the mini map from the upper left corner (were it defaults) to were he has it.  No one else knows what I am talking about. IMO, there is more going on with that dude then just reverse boosting.  For example, in this video go to the 8:37 mark and watch a few seconds then go to the 9:21 mark and do the same.  Pay attention to his ammo count (which is very low).  You will clearly see it replenish itself without scavenger. It's riddled throughout the video however it's NSFW. 

On 4/29/2022 at 10:32 AM, East said:

You can actually see the opponent player's character poking out of the left side of the container.  It's plain as day, and that is what he is talking about there (looks like a cape the character is wearing or something).  Just more trash clipping issues with COD maps.

29 minutes ago, stevewhitmore11 said:

You can actually see the opponent player's character poking out of the left side of the container.  It's plain as day, and that is what he is talking about there (looks like a cape the character is wearing or something).  Just more trash clipping issues with COD maps.

Your context to what I've pointed out is inaccurate.  Here is why...Yes, the cape is clipping through the container.  However,  that doesn't account for the other players in the container.  That would indicate one player (be it alive or dead) in the container.  Because dead characters do have a tendency to clip through wall.  However, he states, "Their all in there...I see those **** through the wall!".  Does bring into the correct context the full picture.  He didn't say, I see the cape through wall". That's something you are saying (adding/distorting) to what happened..  Sure, the cape was an indicator for a player.  However, it's not an indicator for the whole team. 

In other words, after he saw the cape clipping he also noticed all of them spawning (running inside) the container using his wall.  That's why he said what he said. He never mentioned the cape, LOL. He doesn't need to when you wall. Plain and simple.

Anyway,  can you explain how I can move my minimap from the upper left corner to where he has it in his game plays?  I certainly would love to know how to do it as no one I've asked knows how.  Furthermore, can you show me how to replenish my ammo when it reaches 0 without the scavenger perk like he does?  I'm sure we all would love to be able to use that hidden perk when we use 1k RPM weapons.  🤣😂

Is his ammo replenishing in that clip? cbf watching it atm. I'm sure the guy isn't that stupid to stream it, unless he forgot to turn it off lol. I personally don't think he had walls on from that small bit I watched. If I was in his position I'd have a good idea they're all in there too based on where teammates are & knowing the spawns. It's also obvious they'll all spawn there cause the enemy is visibly sitting in an active spawn point.. as bad as the spawns are, it is likely his teammates would be spawning in there as well and it does show them spawning in there before the minimap gets hidden.

I think you could move the minimap in MW19 or CW, haven't bothered going through all the settings in Vanguard. Could be hidden in there somewhere, I know PC have more settings than console.

Anyway, one thing I haven't tested out in Vanguard is sharing my PC's connection with my console and tweaking some of those settings mentioned earlier. I'll give it a go tomorrow..

9 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Is his ammo replenishing in that clip? cbf watching it atm. I'm sure the guy isn't that stupid to stream it, unless he forgot to turn it off lol. I personally don't think he had walls on from that small bit I watched. If I was in his position I'd have a good idea they're all in there too based on where teammates are & knowing the spawns. It's also obvious they'll all spawn there cause the enemy is visibly sitting in an active spawn point.. as bad as the spawns are, it is likely his teammates would be spawning in there as well and it does show them spawning in there before the minimap gets hidden.

I think you could move the minimap in MW19 or CW, haven't bothered going through all the settings in Vanguard. Could be hidden in there somewhere, I know PC have more settings than console.

Anyway, one thing I haven't tested out in Vanguard is sharing my PC's connection with my console and tweaking some of those settings mentioned earlier. I'll give it a go tomorrow..

You cannot ignore what he said by suggesting something that didn't happen.  At the moment he said: Their all in there...I see those **** through the wall!". Was the moment he saw them.  It was the moment he knew were they were.  And it was the moment that all HUD display updates were replaced for the nuke hud display.

He didn't say "I know where they are spawning..." That's something you are saying, LOL..  He said I see..

In any case he is using walls.  He has turned on the ability to replenish ammo.  And he's able to move his minimap when no one else can explain to me how to do it.  That's is enough evidence to suggest cheating (at least for me).  And, I wouldn't be surprised he's whitelisted.  Because even when I reverse boost I don't get those kind of bot lobbies. 

The point I'm showing is that YT'ers like him make it enticing to play COD (buy COD points) because they make the game look fun/easy to play.  But when you jump in a lobby it's the complete opposite experience you saw from influencers like that. Making you think you have to get better internet, tweak nic adapter settings, change resolutions, buy TV's with 120hz support, etc.  When you are only being gaslighted to think that the problem is you.

The only real way to get something like what you see in those YT vids (fun gameplay) is to reverse boost. At least the weapons work. And, your movement speed is normal.

😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2022 at 6:31 AM, Bert said:

You should leave RSS etc on. If you have a modern PC platform it should not matter too much since 1Gbit connections do not hog the CPU too much at full line rate. But what it essentially does is divide incoming traffic across multiple threads instead of just one.

I don't really think that changing to faster RAM actually does much for in game latency but I have no reference to this. It does however influence your frame rate and that does decrease latency, having 100 fps means there is 10ms gap between frames, 200 fps leaves a 5ms gap between frames.

There is multiple things to RAM. You have single rank / dual rank but something that has come up lately is memory chips that have higher density but are also slower. They have 16Gbit chips instead of 8Gbit chips that are often found in high performance modules.

Memory is also platform dependent. The Ryzen platform for example is particularly known to be sensitive to dual rank vs single rank modules, dual rank being significantly faster. So either you use 2 dual ranked modules or you use 4 single rank modules for best effect.

Not all vendors advertise this data. But basically what you are looking for is something like 2Rx8 which means the module is dual rank / 8Gbit chips. And then obviously the best timing configuration you can afford. 

Also modern systems have less input latency. If you look up a YT channel called 'Myconst' he does a lot of stuff with older hardware and recently made a video comparing systems with old server CPU's (Intel Xeon) against the lower end Intel offerings like the i3-12100 and found that they have less input latency even though the CPU's have roughly the same processing power or the Xeon beeing faster in some applications. But this input lag does apply to gaming.

Playing on PC is a bit different compared to console since every system is different and most players are not using the best hardware. So having the latest greatest automatically gives youy a advantage. Ie my PC is Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX3070Ti, 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 and 10Gbit networking, plus I play with Scuf impact, which I have overclocked so input latency is only 1ms. I normally play on 1080P and will see 180-200 FPS. Arguably with a gaming PC you would be better off with the lower Ryzen offerings like 5800X or the new 5800X3D since CPU usage when playing CoD is only 40% or so for me, and you get a little less core frequency due to the power limits when using 16 cores instead of 8.

your scuff impact dont have 1ms of latency ... ps4 controllers cant do it ... u think that is 1ms bc your overclocked the usb port with hid, but it~s, how much, 3 ms ... just ps5 controllers can do less than 1ms ...

On 5/2/2022 at 12:40 PM, East said:

Your context to what I've pointed out is inaccurate.  Here is why...Yes, the cape is clipping through the container.  However,  that doesn't account for the other players in the container.  That would indicate one player (be it alive or dead) in the container.  Because dead characters do have a tendency to clip through wall.  However, he states, "Their all in there...I see those **** through the wall!".  Does bring into the correct context the full picture.  He didn't say, I see the cape through wall". That's something you are saying (adding/distorting) to what happened..  Sure, the cape was an indicator for a player.  However, it's not an indicator for the whole team. 

In other words, after he saw the cape clipping he also noticed all of them spawning (running inside) the container using his wall.  That's why he said what he said. He never mentioned the cape, LOL. He doesn't need to when you wall. Plain and simple.

Anyway,  can you explain how I can move my minimap from the upper left corner to where he has it in his game plays?  I certainly would love to know how to do it as no one I've asked knows how.  Furthermore, can you show me how to replenish my ammo when it reaches 0 without the scavenger perk like he does?  I'm sure we all would love to be able to use that hidden perk when we use 1k RPM weapons.  🤣😂

Let me put it into context for you. I've seen a million cheaters in this game.  I've dropped 180+ kills on that map and have been called a cheater more times than I can count.  He's not cheating, and if he was, I feel bad for him that he would put up a video like that when cheating.

Not sure about the mini-map thing, but I can assure that youtube would be your friend.

13 hours ago, stevewhitmore11 said:

Let me put it into context for you. I've seen a million cheaters in this game.  I've dropped 180+ kills on that map and have been called a cheater more times than I can count.  He's not cheating, and if he was, I feel bad for him that he would put up a video like that when cheating.

Not sure about the mini-map thing, but I can assure that youtube would be your friend.

You cannot ignore the examples given to show cheating to say "he's not cheating".  Or say youtube is your friend.  That's not how dialogue works when critical thinking skills are exchanged.   The burden of proof that he is not cheating is on 'you' once evidence is provided to show that he is.  Your show of favoritism does not refute the evidence provided.  

Having said that, it's clear that your objection is only the result of your favoritism.  And, it's quite clear you are wiling to ignore information that contradicts it.   If I am not mistaken, this conversation we are having seems to define confirmation bias.  At this point there is no need to continue this line of discussion.