Throttle setting shoot 1st kill 1st

Direink144

I live near Toronto Canada. I have set my R1 play radius at 750 miles. My home internet is 50 down 10 up. Using compensation setting i have reduced my service to 65% down and wait for it: 1% up. It's insane. No more shoot first die first. This game is so unethical with all the real time changes good players face to increase little Timmy's chances that this is my answer to level the playing field. 

11 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Try throttling to as low as u can. And then bounce back to normal speed when actually play the game. You should gain advantage for tricking cod to favor lag compensation for u

Is it true that we should aim for 21down and 0.5-1up?

4 hours ago, Direink144 said:

.5 - 1 up seems to be a sweet spot.

Do you put these settings in Congestion Control or Bandwidth Allocation in the gaming category?

5 hours ago, cmadilia said:

Is it true that we should aim for 21down and 0.5-1up?

Where did you get those values from?

It’s totally true ,  I have 65 down and 18 up . I experimented for a few days and settled for 1.9 down and 0.5 up   and thats the sweet spot  for my connection  . Good and acceptable hit detection every game , when I die which is often :) i know it was down to a better player MOSTLY .... 

3 hours ago, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

It’s totally true ,  I have 65 down and 18 up . I experimented for a few days and settled for 1.9 down and 0.5 up   and thats the sweet spot  for my connection  . Good and acceptable hit detection every game , when I die which is often :) i know it was down to a better player MOSTLY .... 

Where did you put these settings...in Congestion Control or Bandwidth Allocation in the gaming category?

4 hours ago, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

when I die which is often :) i know it was down to a better player MOSTLY .... 

Defo not some AHole sitting in a corner all game or the back of his spawn preaiming with a sniper ;)

The amount of nuke streaks I've had recently ending in this way. Its so annoying.

13 hours ago, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

Good in both pubs and custom games?

On 1/2/2021 at 9:45 AM, Chaiyoabc said:

Try throttling to as low as u can. And then bounce back to normal speed when actually play the game. You should gain advantage for tricking cod to favor lag compensation for u

That's interesting and good to know. Is this tactic "proven" to work? I feel as if some things such as these can get in my head and I just assume such tactics work.

On 1/3/2021 at 6:58 PM, N3CR0 said:

Defo not some AHole sitting in a corner all game or the back of his spawn preaiming with a sniper ;)

The amount of nuke streaks I've had recently ending in this way. Its so annoying.

Never seen a Nuke !!  Just goes to show what my lobbies are like  lol 

Having tested the suggested throttling in Congestion Control, Bandwidth Allocation and both, I have to say that I have seen no change or benefit whatsoever in gameplay quality including "shoot first, die first". I'm based in the UK with Geo filter set to cover UK only servers and always connect to servers between 15-25ms. I'm not saying this isn't working for others, however there may be a placebo affect going on here or simply connecting to a better server giving the impression that throttling settings does work.

8 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Having tested the suggested throttling in Congestion Control, Bandwidth Allocation and both, I have to say that I have seen no change or benefit whatsoever in gameplay quality including "shoot first, die first". I'm based in the UK with Geo filter set to cover UK only servers and always connect to servers between 15-25ms. I'm not saying this isn't working for others, however there may be a placebo affect going on here or simply connecting to a better server giving the impression that throttling settings does work.

I'm using 21d 0.5u on bandwidth allocation and its working perfectly for me. I don't use geo filter as I don't use a Netduma router.

I start getting 'shoot first die first' after a few games but I put that down to SBMM as the first few games play perfectly and the game isn't putting me on further away servers as my ping is always between 35 - 65ms.