change from XR500 to XR1000

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you ping it manually instead does the ping appear? Try allowing cache/cookies because it will time out otherwise

Manually pinging does work almost all of the time. I have had weird instances where it does ping the host but for now I've been using manual ping as a workaround. Cookies and cache are allowed and it's still signing me out. Device I'm testing the auto ping on is a PS4 by the way.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:30 PM, dropbottom said:

I am up to date on the Firmware.  In the bandwidth settings i input my paid for speeds of 480d/24u.  I just completed a new install of the XR1000.  Out of the box, the 1000 is unusable.  Please advise on the adjustments needed if you can.

Downgrade your firmware to .33 one. The .50 is filled with throughput issues and packet loss. Ton of bugs in that one

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Jermsz said:

Manually pinging does work almost all of the time. I have had weird instances where it does ping the host but for now I've been using manual ping as a workaround. Cookies and cache are allowed and it's still signing me out. Device I'm testing the auto ping on is a PS4 by the way.

Does it happen on all games or just one specifically? I assume the game is CoD? 

I think after speaking with some of the devs regarding Ping Heatmap that the reason it happens is because CoD servers actually block responses to ping. That means we have to do something clever, it works a lot of the time but sometimes it doesn't and we have to do updates.

13 hours ago, fiefo said:

Downgrade your firmware to .33 one. The .50 is filled with throughput issues and packet loss. Ton of bugs in that one

Where are you seeing that? You didn't mention it in your topic.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think after speaking with some of the devs regarding Ping Heatmap that the reason it happens is because CoD servers actually block responses to ping. That means we have to do something clever, it works a lot of the time but sometimes it doesn't and we have to do updates.

Hey Fraser, traffic prio doesn’t work properly Cause the amount of packet ratio is off. Also the game play is laggy and unplayable

• Administrators
1 hour ago, fiefo said:

Significantly more upload than download but in the.33 it’s more even and the gameplay is significantly better

Try adding manual rules for ports instead and do it that way to see if it performs better.

On 12/5/2020 at 5:24 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I have only tested this with cod. I have also noticed (gaming aside) that at random times during the day my wifi connection will just stop. It won't drop, everything shows that it's connected but if I'm watching a video it starts to buffer even though the router is like 4 feet away.

8 hours ago, Jermsz said:

I have only tested this with cod. I have also noticed (gaming aside) that at random times during the day my wifi connection will just stop. It won't drop, everything shows that it's connected but if I'm watching a video it starts to buffer even though the router is like 4 feet away.

Could you navigate over to Settings -> Advanced settings -> Wireless setup and enable MU-MIMO and see if the WiFi issue re-occurs?

Also set your Fragmentation length and CTS/RTS threshold to 2165 and 2166 respectively. 

33 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you navigate over to Settings -> Advanced settings -> Wireless setup and enable MU-MIMO and see if the WiFi issue re-occurs?

Also set your Fragmentation length and CTS/RTS threshold to 2165 and 2166 respectively. 

MU-MIMO is enabled on my router already. I have changed the recommended settings, will keep an eye out to see if this happens again. Also going to re-enable IPv6 because I thought it could be tied to that as well. Also what is the correct way to enter a dns address in to the IPv6 section on the router? I try to use cloudflares IPv6 address and it is as follows 2600 4700 4700 1111 & 2600 4700 4700 1001 but there are spaces after on the router, do I need to fill those out with zeros? Is there also a test I can use because after I visit the page, the field is blank so I don't know if I'm using my ISP's DNS servers or cloudflares, I'll attach a screenshot. I have run a test that confirms IPv6 access just to clarify.

image.thumb.png.93f6a01aed4ac2ff8675976e1bcd1595.png

On 12/11/2020 at 9:00 AM, Netduma Liam said:

For the time being, leave IPv6 disabled as its unlikely to have an affect in this scenario and it's best if we change one variable at a time to ensure we can accurately pinpoint the issue.

I'm still having the same issue after the adjustments, seems to be happening multiple times a day where the internet just doesn't load anything but the wifi and LAN stay connected. Just no internet access, then after 5 minutes or so, it comes back. And I don't see anything in the logs about it.

• Administrators

Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channels in your area and change to those. Also ensure there aren't any devices within close proximity to the router especially wireless devices e.g. controller as these could interfere with the signal.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channels in your area and change to those. Also ensure there aren't any devices within close proximity to the router especially wireless devices e.g. controller as these could interfere with the signal.

Just did this, 2.4 is set to auto so it's always switching the channel but now my smart TV can't find my 5G band. I changed it to channel 52 and I can't even search for it.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Jermsz said:

Just did this, 2.4 is set to auto so it's always switching the channel but now my smart TV can't find my 5G band. I changed it to channel 52 and I can't even search for it.

That is because it is a DFS channel so don't choose one of those and select another non DFS channel and it will be fine.

50 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That is because it is a DFS channel so don't choose one of those and select another non DFS channel and it will be fine.

Selected a non DFS channel,but the connection still loses internet access every so often even after a factory reset. Not sure what's going on at this point.

9 minutes ago, Jermsz said:

Selected a non DFS channel,but the connection still loses internet access every so often even after a factory reset. Not sure what's going on at this point.

Is any other devices dropping the 5Ghz ?

9 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Is any other devices dropping the 5Ghz ?

All the connected devices lose internet access for about 5 minutes. So if I'm on my phone watching a video, it'll send me a message saying it's offline, then the tv stops playing and everything else like my smart speakers say they aren't connected either. Then in about 5 minutes, its okay.

32 minutes ago, Jermsz said:

All the connected devices lose internet access for about 5 minutes. So if I'm on my phone watching a video, it'll send me a message saying it's offline, then the tv stops playing and everything else like my smart speakers say they aren't connected either. Then in about 5 minutes, its okay.

Could you post a picture of your WiFi settings for 5Ghz please. 

On 12/14/2020 at 2:00 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

When it next happens take a look at the log file in System Information, are there any entries around the disconnect time? If so post it here, that may give us a clue as to what is happening.

Just happened again image.thumb.png.3fce0f3451394f98c7542c98c07e0cd6.png

10 minutes ago, Jermsz said:

Here are my 5G wifi settings 

image.thumb.png.b544896c7d720a7e0073fd7d8bef8e7e.png

Where it says mode you can see it’s on 4800, could you select the next value down, it’s 2633 or something like that. Press apply and test to see if devices drop.