change from XR500 to XR1000

I had too many issues with the XR500 so I returned it for the XR1000.  The XR1000 has been terrible for me.  The netgear nighthawk app doesn't work properly with the device either.  I knew something was off when I had to attempt the simple install with 4 attempts before the router would connect.  After connecting the numbers I was getting were embarrassing to say the least.  anyone have similar issues concerning the DOA out of the box?

Iphone in the same room as the XR1000.  Speeds are even worse than the XR500, which were unacceptable.  The nighthawk iphone app is extremely bugging.  The dumaos3.0 software operates extremely poorly and laggy.  I will continue to troubleshoot, but beware if you plan on purchasing this device.

Speed.pdf

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

As above what are your WiFi settings? - Have you disabled Smart Connect? Have you optimized the channel selection etc

I installed the router via ethernet hardwired to my CPU.  The XR1000 appears to be DOA.  The numbers i referenced are related to hardwired testing.  I never got around to focusing on the Wi-Fi.  I kept the same Wi-Fi name and pw so wireless devices were on the network.  I noticed in the nighthawk app they all had 1 bar strength (including devices in same room). I really never got past the CPU speeds hardwired.  I connected my modem directly into my PC and connection speeds were as advertised by the ISP.  

The DumaOS 3.0 (not beta) was extremely buggy.  It continuously timed out requiring me to repetitively log in.  The UI was unresponsive most of the time.  

If you have advice on improving the XR1000 hardwired to CPU/game console let me know.  Then, Ill move onto Wi-Fi.  

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay fair enough. Firstly, are you on the latest version .50? If not make sure you upgrade to that first: https://kb.netgear.com/000062562/XR1000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-50

Did you enter the speeds you expect/pay for in Bandwidth settings?

I am up to date on the Firmware.  In the bandwidth settings i input my paid for speeds of 480d/24u.  I just completed a new install of the XR1000.  Out of the box, the 1000 is unusable.  Please advise on the adjustments needed if you can.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

What is your modem model exactly and do you have any devices still connected to that? Also in WiFi settings disable OFDMA and see if that improves WiFi.

XR1000-100NAS  I have 2 devices connected to the XR1000 at the moment, 1) wired CPU and 2) Apple iPhone XS Max wireless.  The OFDMA in wireless settings is disabled by default.

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The model model, what is the XR1000 connected to to get internet i.e. your ISP router and are devices still connected to that? 

The only device connected to the ISP modem is the XR1000. Then connected to the XR1000 wired is my desktop PC and PS4. CPU XR1000 Ethernet port 1 and PS4 Ethernet port 2. 

After disabling the Armor I see no difference in performance.  The visuals in the Duma software are such that I cant rely on this router for ant type of gaming unfortunately.  A side note, when I am browsing the Duma software to review different settings, I continuously get knocked from the app and have to re-sign back in.  The error message is consistent so I assume the issue is known.  I am up for any suggestions to remedy these issues. This is day 2 with the router, but the plan is to return to the store.