change from XR500 to XR1000

The errors are literally non stop and the knocking me off the "app" refers to the DumaOS 3.0, not the Apple iPhone app.  Also, every portion of the DumaOS insists I redo the "Tour."  There is no way that I have found to keep the Tour from popping up.  Typically, i have to re-sign into the DumaOS if i navigate through the software.  

• Administrators

Thanks for all the information, I would suggest the same as above to do a factory reset as it doesn't look like you've done that on the latest firmware and it's good practice to do that after an upgrade. Also in regards to the tour, click the X in the top right of the box on it and make sure your browser accepts cookies/cache and doesn't wipe them on exit.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, dropbottom said:

I did the fresh router update overwrite and followed with a factory reset.

Great and what about the original issue? Ping Test Under load can be fixed by experimenting with Congestion Control on Always so it's not always going to look great immediately.

I can report that it seems like the OS still logs you out as you navigate through DUMA OS. Even going from Geo-Filter to Network Monitoring, I always get prompted to sign back in on the webpage. This is open through an incognito window as well. I've also noticed that it doesn't seem like Auto Ping works consistently in the geo filter. Sometimes the icon will pop up, but I won't get any ping or information regarding the host.

1 hour ago, Jermsz said:

I can report that it seems like the OS still logs you out as you navigate through DUMA OS. Even going from Geo-Filter to Network Monitoring, I always get prompted to sign back in on the webpage. This is open through an incognito window as well. I've also noticed that it doesn't seem like Auto Ping works consistently in the geo filter. Sometimes the icon will pop up, but I won't get any ping or information regarding the host.

Hey!

Could you just confirm what firmware version you're running? 

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

As above. You need to tell us the context of the picture based on the previous recommendation.

After all recommendations were followed 1) reinstall fresh firmware 2) reset to factory settings 3) congestion always on as requested 4) auto setup completed (pictures for that to follow).  I find it very interesting that the XR1000 recognizes my "paid for" connection speeds and for whatever reason cant seem to prioritize the speeds to operate affectively.  The last picture provided is my BEST connection test.  Furthermore, the test history shows show a previous testing score of A+, A, A; that test was by far worse than the test pictured.  This tells me something in the software isn't tabulating correctly.  The A score for ping under load (upload) was nearly 800ms, but rendered an A score

Here is the Auto Setup.  In my opinion the XR1000 is not doing a good job handling the incoming speeds.  Test 1-4 were almost unmeasurable.  Also, notice how the auto setup for the download times out and doesn't complete the cycle of testing.  Refer to my latest connection benchmark test for what resulted from this QOS Auto Setup.  Unfortunately, I have to stand by my past comment that the XR1000 is unusable out of the box (possibly DOA) and adjustments haven't address the obvious issues.  I am trying though   

image.png.8bc1a5ab0c663f3659b3295a92556ccd.png

image.png.1e2bce7f2ee3c397e22464f2ae4301c0.png

image.png.136e2254b6f2416b9f08ae4806db458e.png

image.png.0db7de2e261be66fb293c382bd6f1b76.png

• Administrators

I meant to adjust Congestion Control manually and experiment with different percentages to see what lowers the test rather than using Auto Setup. However, for Auto Setup try the advanced options instead and see if you can adjust that, minimal spikes - minimal ping over idle to get it more optimal.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Jermsz said:

Yes, I am on the most recent .50 firmware.

Did you do a factory reset after upgrading to that firmware? If not I would suggest doing so after each new upgrade to ensure no issues/remnants carry over. Are you using a web browser that saves cache/cookies. What happens when it Auto Pings a host, shows everything else but ping?

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you do a factory reset after upgrading to that firmware? If not I would suggest doing so after each new upgrade to ensure no issues/remnants carry over. Are you using a web browser that saves cache/cookies. What happens when it Auto Pings a host, shows everything else but ping?

Yes, I have completed a factory reset and I'll still be asked to sign in occasional when navigating the OS. As far the the Auto ping, sometimes it works fine and shows all the information I need. But then it just stops. Doesn't ping anything, doesn't show any information. The box is just blank like there is nothing to ping, even though I am in a game actively playing. I have Chrome set to delete cache and cookies upon exit and I normally sign into the router in incognito mode.

I disconnected the XR1000 and tested directly to my PC from the cable modem.  The attached photos are the raw numbers directly from my modem.  From what I can see from testing, the XR1000 can not compete with a simple direct connection from the Cable Modem to my PC.  Not a single calculated figure produced from the XR1000 can match a direct connect. All testing with the XR1000 was hardwired.  I'd hope the XR1000 would, at a minimum, produce identical if not better than an unassisted cable modem.  If I am wrong, please guide me to the fix.    

image.png.43612eeae4c6c269a3480a9c19774567.png

image.png.b3ac3810736e6e5d5ffd687232b6ce95.pngimage.png.e55aff152249912644c3d9895b1bfe80.png

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Jermsz said:

Yes, I have completed a factory reset and I'll still be asked to sign in occasional when navigating the OS. As far the the Auto ping, sometimes it works fine and shows all the information I need. But then it just stops. Doesn't ping anything, doesn't show any information. The box is just blank like there is nothing to ping, even though I am in a game actively playing. I have Chrome set to delete cache and cookies upon exit and I normally sign into the router in incognito mode.

In regards to Auto Ping, when it doesn't show the panel/any information, is there an icon on the Geo-Filter that appears to be the host or is it empty? Okay that may be why then, if you use adjust the settings to allow for cache/cookies or use a different browser just for the interface does it keep you logged in for longer?

34 minutes ago, dropbottom said:

I disconnected the XR1000 and tested directly to my PC from the cable modem.  The attached photos are the raw numbers directly from my modem.  From what I can see from testing, the XR1000 can not compete with a simple direct connection from the Cable Modem to my PC.  Not a single calculated figure produced from the XR1000 can match a direct connect. All testing with the XR1000 was hardwired.  I'd hope the XR1000 would, at a minimum, produce identical if not better than an unassisted cable modem.  If I am wrong, please guide me to the fix.    

The pictures shown are all done on PC and I haven't see you do those on the XR. Can you do the same tests via the same devices/browsers/connection methods and post the results please?

46 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In regards to Auto Ping, when it doesn't show the panel/any information, is there an icon on the Geo-Filter that appears to be the host or is it empty? Okay that may be why then, if you use adjust the settings to allow for cache/cookies or use a different browser just for the interface does it keep you logged in for longer?

The pictures shown are all done on PC and I haven't see you do those on the XR. Can you do the same tests via the same devices/browsers/connection methods and post the results please?

So on the map, it'll show the host that I'm playing on but no information about the host is auto pinged below. I haven't noticed a difference as it just seems to be random for how long it keeps me logged in. Never had this before with a product using Dumas OS. 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Jermsz said:

So on the map, it'll show the host that I'm playing on but no information about the host is auto pinged below. I haven't noticed a difference as it just seems to be random for how long it keeps me logged in. Never had this before with a product using Dumas OS. 

If you ping it manually instead does the ping appear? Try allowing cache/cookies because it will time out otherwise