change from XR500 to XR1000

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What time did it happen? There doesn't seem to be anything there I would think would contribute to the issue. Do try the advice above.

18 hours ago, Newfie said:

Where it says mode you can see it’s on 4800, could you select the next value down, it’s 2633 or something like that. Press apply and test to see if devices drop.

Just tried the above advice but still lose internet access. When I am on a non DFS channel it seems to happen more often. When using DFS, it happens way less. 

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What time did it happen? There doesn't seem to be anything there I would think would contribute to the issue. Do try the advice above.

Attempted to do the advice, even turned off AX. When not on DFS if I'm using an app, it just won't load anything for a moment then when I kill the app, it's good but it comes back after a few moments. If I'm streaming video, though that stays on. I'm at a loss here.

12 hours ago, Jermsz said:

Attempted to do the advice, even turned off AX. When not on DFS if I'm using an app, it just won't load anything for a moment then when I kill the app, it's good but it comes back after a few moments. If I'm streaming video, though that stays on. I'm at a loss here.

Did you experience the frequent drops with the above settings?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 3:46 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Did you experience the frequent drops with the above settings?

Yes I'm still getting drops not sure what to do at this point. Hopefully an update OS comes out to address this. Using DFS channels has less drops but I'll still lose connectivity periodically. Happens more frequently when not on a DFS channel

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Jermsz said:

Yes I'm still getting drops not sure what to do at this point. Hopefully an update OS comes out to address this. Using DFS channels has less drops but I'll still lose connectivity periodically. Happens more frequently when not on a DFS channel

Go to Advanced Settings, Advanced Wireless Settings and disable both the WiFi radios, apply, reboot then enable, apply, reboot and see if it helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to update the thread with the wifi drops and issues I was having. After turning off MU-MIMO, AX mode, and factory resetting the device. My wifi is stable with no drops. I'll attach screenshots of my wifi settings. Seems the issue was the incompatibility WiFi 6 features with everything on the network. I do have some WiFi 6 capable devices but they would also experience the issues so I don't know if I'll always need to leave these settings disabled. Kind of why I bought it but maybe it can be addressed in an update. I doubt it, let me know your thoughts. See screenshots below:

image.thumb.png.caddceef5572847aef732ac2cde166ce.png

image.thumb.png.1554d8904f6c771cc8e2c02c87deaed8.png