Firmware Update

DanJayy

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Looks to be early next week now but the latest build looks really good. I guess you can go back to sleep!

@Netduma Fraser It's starting to look like old habits are returning. This is the second router I purchase from you guys and honestly I expected certain lessons to be learned. If a product, no matter how new it might be, is not performing optimally, then you issue a hotfix instead of trying to bundle everything into a full firmware update. I have no issue being patient, but I fear what happened to the R1 is starting to happen to the R2 from a very early stage .

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, raikun said:

@Netduma Fraser It's starting to look like old habits are returning. This is the second router I purchase from you guys and honestly I expected certain lessons to be learned. If a product, no matter how new it might be, is not performing optimally, then you issue a hotfix instead of trying to bundle everything into a full firmware update. I have no issue being patient, but I fear what happened to the R1 is starting to happen to the R2 from a very early stage .

I understand this, hence I have been giving people some versions we have made along the way if they have some issues. If you require one let me know.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Looks to be early next week now but the latest build looks really good. I guess you can go back to sleep!

Can you pls send me the latest build, i'm having trouble when the kids use google classroom, TY in advance!

• Administrators
3 hours ago, jongc said:

Can you pls send me the latest build, i'm having trouble when the kids use google classroom, TY in advance!

2 hours ago, mohands said:

Could you please send me the latest build 

As above, I'm not sending the latest but sent you both a PM.

On 10/9/2020 at 12:02 PM, raikun said:

I said this very thing 2wks ago....old habits die hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I bought the R2 because I was under the impression that updates would happen much quicker since it’s their hardware.

Smh. Right now, I would’ve thought they were working on some foreign 3rd party hardware technology that they’ve never seen before.

It’s still all good. I’m on my XR500 BUT, if this is the case with the R2, I have ZERO confidence the Netgear division has any chance of being viable with OS3.0. I genuinely thought the XR500 would’ve already had their final 3.0 released by now. I can’t foresee when that’ll ever be released, if ever. 

Anyhow, I still remain confident and support the Netduma team. 

13 minutes ago, Mossberg said:

Yeah, I bought the R2 because I was under the impression that updates would happen much quicker since it’s their hardware.

Smh. Right now, I would’ve thought they were working on some foreign 3rd party hardware technology that they’ve never seen before.

It’s still all good. I’m on my XR500 BUT, if this is the case with the R2, I have ZERO confidence the Netgear division has any chance of being viable with OS3.0. I genuinely thought the XR500 would’ve already had their final 3.0 released by now. I can’t foresee when that’ll ever be released, if ever. 

Anyhow, I still remain confident and support the Netduma team. 

Netgear can only update the firmware that is supplied by Netduma. With 2 lots of coding working it can end up with more work needed to get the end results. I’m Sure Netduma will make sure it works well on the XR series of routers.