Nothing works with COD: MW

Adaren

My Game Run fine on PC.. but there are several Things you need to do.. Connection Problems in this CoD are mostly Performance Problems.. even If your Line is perfect you can still get lag.

Make Sure you have Minimum 16gb RAM and a good cpu

Disable all exploid Protections for the Game in Windows under Security.

Go to your Network Adapter settings and disable Interrupt Moderation, Flow Control and all offloads

https://www.speedguide.net/articles/windows-8-10-2012-server-tcpip-tweaks-5077

Windows Standart settings are for throuput and Low CPU utilisation.. Not for latency

Download latencymon and make Sure you get Low dpc latencys from your drivers

22 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

My Game Run fine on PC.. but there are several Things you need to do.. Connection Problems in this CoD are mostly Performance Problems.. even If your Line is perfect you can still get lag.

Go to your Network Adapter settings and disable Interrupt Moderation, Flow Control and all offloads

Windows Standart settings are for throuput and Low CPU utilisation.. Not for latency

Download latencymon and make Sure you get Low dpc latencys from your drivers

Hi, can you give some help disabling all offloads?

2 hours ago, GT9484 said:

can this vpn be used in the hybrid vpn area? ive tried everything to improve my experience with little luck...maybe vpn would work but the ones ive tried have been a no go... ie the ones advertised on hybrid vpn. 

The VPNs on Hybrid-VPN weren't chosen because they're specifically good at gaming. The Hybrid-VPN feature is intended for scenarios such as working from home or bypassing region locks.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, GT9484 said:

there seem to be a need for it, in gaming... i have noticed a difference since using it. ping has gone up by 20ms but hit reg is more consistent

Likely some jitter or spikes on your ISP routing then, it can help with that and that will sometimes give you a lower ping or a more stable experience.

Yes would be great to have Nordvpn integrated as it is also one of the biggest VPN providers they have the most servers if I can remember good.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, GT9484 said:

will i be able to get open NAT with a VPN? Trying i now but it gives me a moderate or strict NAT... any ideas

It is very hard to as you're creating a direct tunnel between the device and the VPN server. Probably best to go with a gaming VPN that shouldn't block any ports required for an open NAT.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 12:53 AM, blackfirehawk said:

My PC is around a year old, it was a high-end one at the time of purchase.

I actually tried a few more things in the meantime:

On 10/8/2020 at 12:53 AM, blackfirehawk said:

Made all these adjustments, tried multiple TCP optimizer setups.

Tested VPN (ExpressVPN, since they have a server in my city and said to be the fastest) for a few days as well.

I tried these plus everything I previously mentioned in the Cold War beta too. I had rather high hopes for CW, since I heard that for some players Infinity Ward and Treyarch titles can greatly differ in connection quality. Unfortunately, despite everything I tried, both MW and CW are equally unplayable for me. I would say that CW is probably even worse, which may be due to it's only being a beta, but still I haven't seen many people experience these problems to this extent. Made a summary video about the issues I met, which isn't even a cherry picked compilation - this is basically how every match in the beta looked like for me.

At this point I'm not even sure that there's a solution to this problem, other than trying to play from a different place, as I start to believe it's simply a regional thing and there's no way I can make it work from the place I currently live in.

7 hours ago, Adaren said:

My PC is around a year old, it was a high-end one at the time of purchase.

I actually tried a few more things in the meantime:

Made all these adjustments, tried multiple TCP optimizer setups.

Tested VPN (ExpressVPN, since they have a server in my city and said to be the fastest) for a few days as well.

I tried these plus everything I previously mentioned in the Cold War beta too. I had rather high hopes for CW, since I heard that for some players Infinity Ward and Treyarch titles can greatly differ in connection quality. Unfortunately, despite everything I tried, both MW and CW are equally unplayable for me. I would say that CW is probably even worse, which may be due to it's only being a beta, but still I haven't seen many people experience these problems to this extent. Made a summary video about the issues I met, which isn't even a cherry picked compilation - this is basically how every match in the beta looked like for me.

At this point I'm not even sure that there's a solution to this problem, other than trying to play from a different place, as I start to believe it's simply a regional thing and there's no way I can make it work from the place I currently live in.

exactly what i went through was horrible experience i even play below 20ms ping yet it didn't matter i knew the game code was not optimised i'm sure in the full game everything will be much better

On 10/6/2020 at 3:31 PM, Sgt-Greco said:

Hi. here is my 2 cents.

MW is most of all a noob friendly game (Joe Cecot's words, not mine). What makes you think that state-of-the-art routers, snappy ISPs  or 1 ms monitors will help ? Personally I think there is no difference at all.

The majority of new players that can't afford this kind of stuff, is Activision's main target group.

Yes. Throttle your bandwidth really hard. You'll probably have a couple of good games until SBMM kicks in to send you back to sweaty lobbies.

MW is my first time playing COD and I play on console. I purchased my state of the art router (XR500) and a low input lag monitor. I could build a gaming pc but choose not to because I'm a casual gamer. The main reason i tried MW was because of cross-platform compatibility. So yeah, you probably will see more noobs with cross-play.  If I'm Activision, i want to get as many people playing the game as possible...that all makes sense to me.  Which brings us to SBMM - its not perfect but i do think it is necessary with cross-play.  Sorry that you diehards are so unhappy. You complain about noobs but you're only happy when you can get an easy lobby to beat up on noobs.

Fyi...I've been around since the XR500 came out and i find this forum very helpful.  I work in IT and appreciate the effort that goes into Duma OS.  So thank you to everyone that makes this forum work.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, SachsenPowl said:

Like Adaren sayis it in first Post, that exactly are my problems too, but on PS4... Enemys needed more bullets to kill, than myself...

Would be glad if there is some news about.

What Geo/QoS settings are you using?

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, SachsenPowl said:

Sry for the late Reply, QoS CC at 70/20, tryed different Settings, 55/55 seems also be pretty stable

Please post a screenshot of your Connection Benchmark results and what your Geo-Filter looks like in game? What ping do you get as shown by the Geo-Filter?

On 11/2/2020 at 7:45 PM, rmnyi said:

You complain about noobs but you're only happy when you can get an easy lobby to beat up on noobs.

Sorry man, but you got it all wrong. I don't complain about not finding noob lobbies. I complain about not finding a variety of good and bad players. A variety between having fun and being better. This is how COD should be. This is how COD flourished. This is how life is. You stomp noobs , you struggle with experts. This is excactly what happens in real life. You may work for IT or whoever, but you are missing the basics. SBMM has no place in COD.