Nothing works with COD: MW

Adaren

Hi Everyone!

I’ve had quite severe connection issues in MW 2019, that noticeably got worse as the game progressed with its seasons. At this point I can hardly play a single match that isn’t full of instadeaths, bulletghosting and overall bad hitreg. I even made a Youtube video that summarizes it rather well (it aims to be funny, but obviously enjoying the game like this is hard).

These are the things I tried so far to make it better (in chronological order):

I made a manual portforwarding for cod.

I switched to a different ISP.

I bought an R2, switched the ISP gateway to bridge mode. (tried it without bridge mode aswell)

No R2 setting like QoS, traffic prio, geo filter helped so far.

Called the ISP many times, they say its all fine from their end. They even came to my house to revise my setup multiple times.

My only lead is the ping spikes I get from dsl reports. The results are vastly inconsistent, I make a test one moment and get perfect results, make another right after and I get ping spikes as high as 600 ms, no matter how I tweak my congestion control sliders. BTW I'm the only one useing the internet at the time of doing these tests.

Any suggestions?

U have no QOS turned on ? Do a factory reset and change only the necessary things for your network. 

Put your console in DHCP with static IP

Leave UPNP, QOS enabled as well 

Disable DumaOs classified games do traffic prio rule source 3074-3074 destination 30000-65535 for COD

U can change your DNS but u should do first a DNS benchmark test so u get which DNS is best for you.

Do your CC sliders until u find the lowest ping under load in connection benchmark with the most horizontal line.

After u can perform some tests on FAST.com, Cloudflare speedtest, DSLreports to compare your ping under load. 

Leave all the other settings standard as they are after the factory reset unless u really have to change something.

Did the tests with and without QoS on. With QoS on i changed the sliders 10% at a time to see what is best. Got inconsistent results.

I play on PC. DHCP connection curretly but tried it with PPPoE too when ISP gateway was bridged.

Upnp was enabled.

I was told DNS does not affect gaming at all.  (Battlenonsense yt video)

In R2 I changed basicaly nothing its in vanilla mode currently. Did a factory reset 2 days ago.

Game is unplayable.

Used to get disconnects with my old ISP Dns I used to have change my DNS always thats 5 years ago when I was with a different ISP then I am with now.

I think if u have the best DNS for your connection it will help with lookup for servers and connections between.

Do the auto-setup for CC on ping prioritize and look at which percentage your ping becomes significantly lower and a stable line and work from there to do it manually for fine tuning.

@Mobel Congestion control auto-setup doesn't work for me. i get this error message: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'setHoverStyle' of null"  I also made a post about it in the R2 section.

I gonna give Your DNS tip a go now, thanks.

• Administrators

Although you have a low ping in general, that is quite a bit of jitter. When you got to a percentage you thought was the best as per the results you should try 5% either side of it to see if you can stop that happening.

you must try your settup more than 1 game. The server may cause your issue, and also, ghost bullet it is not your side, is the other player side. it sad... 

4 hours ago, Adaren said:

Hi Everyone!

Hi. here is my 2 cents.

MW is most of all a noob friendly game (Joe Cecot's words, not mine). What makes you think that state-of-the-art routers, snappy ISPs  or 1 ms monitors will help ? Personally I think there is no difference at all.

The majority of new players that can't afford this kind of stuff, is Activision's main target group.

4 hours ago, Adaren said:

Any suggestions?

Yes. Throttle your bandwidth really hard. You'll probably have a couple of good games until SBMM kicks in to send you back to sweaty lobbies.

@DanyKTM Every time I change something I test it for like 2 hours. I dont understand why ghost bullets aren't my side. Your upload is your bullets isn't it? Bullet ghosting for me is a regular thing, you could say I experience it almost every match, while for most players, as far as I know, it rarely ever happens.

@Adarensame thing here, I tried many setup, many time bullet ghosting goes on the one of the best player other side.  almost every single game, other side, one guy is very hard to kill, but he can kill me easilly.... I sure if the connection of him.  

1 hour ago, Sgt-Greco said:

MW is most of all a noob friendly game (Joe Cecot's words, not mine). What makes you think that state-of-the-art routers, snappy ISPs  or 1 ms monitors will help ? Personally I think there is no difference at all.

I don't get this comment, isn't the whole reason of this forum to try and find solutions to connection-related problems? Do you honestly think that the BS in the video is a normal thing to have in every match? I know that it isn't like this for the majority of players, not to this extent at least. I see good and bad players running around with perfect connections, and I myself would like to do everything in my power to better my gaming experience.

1 hour ago, Sgt-Greco said:

Yes. Throttle your bandwidth really hard. You'll probably have a couple of good games until SBMM kicks in to send you back to sweaty lobbies.

BTW I play almost exclusively GW, so SBMM isn't really a factor.

5 hours ago, Mobel said:

¿No tienes QOS activado? Realice un restablecimiento de fábrica y cambie solo las cosas necesarias para su red. 

Pon tu consola en DHCP con IP estática

Deje UPNP, QOS habilitado también 

Deshabilite los juegos clasificados de DumaOs según la regla de prioridad de tráfico origen 3074-3074 destino 30000-65535 para COD

Puede cambiar su DNS, pero primero debe hacer una prueba de referencia de DNS para obtener qué DNS es mejor para usted.

Haga sus controles deslizantes CC hasta que encuentre el ping bajo carga más bajo en el punto de referencia de conexión con la línea más horizontal.

Después de que pueda realizar algunas pruebas en FAST.com, Cloudflare speedtest, DSLreports para comparar su ping bajo carga. 

Deje todas las demás configuraciones como están después del restablecimiento de fábrica, a menos que realmente tenga que cambiar algo.

Pon tu consola en DHCP con IP estática? como se hace esto?

@Netduma Fraser After finding the best percentages for congestion control on DSL reports I found what seems to be the best. I made 10 additional DSL report tests with the seemingly best settings and the results vary quite much as far as ping spikes go. Could you tell me if this is a regular thing to happen, or should I try to do something about it? If so, what would you suggest? I include a picture about two different results with the same settings.

dsl report 10-50 formura legjobb legrosszabb.PNG

On 10/6/2020 at 11:26 AM, Mobel said:

U have no QOS turned on ? Do a factory reset and change only the necessary things for your network. 

Put your console in DHCP with static IP

Leave UPNP, QOS enabled as well 

Disable DumaOs classified games do traffic prio rule source 3074-3074 destination 30000-65535 for COD

U can change your DNS but u should do first a DNS benchmark test so u get which DNS is best for you.

Do your CC sliders until u find the lowest ping under load in connection benchmark with the most horizontal line.

After u can perform some tests on FAST.com, Cloudflare speedtest, DSLreports to compare your ping under load. 

Leave all the other settings standard as they are after the factory reset unless u really have to change something.

Hi! In Traffic Prioritization Rule what protocol is? TCP, UDP or both?

@Netduma Fraser Honestly I don't think fixing that tiny bit of jitter will help when I feel like I'm half a second behind the server as it is visible in the first few clips of the video. What I think so far with all the testing I made is that there is a problem with the routing of the ISP. I got a comment like this on youtube and it made me wonder. I'm not an expert of the topic so any suggestion is welcome. Here is the screenshot of the comment:

What do you think?

yt comment.PNG

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Adaren said:

@Netduma Fraser Honestly I don't think fixing that tiny bit of jitter will help when I feel like I'm half a second behind the server as it is visible in the first few clips of the video. What I think so far with all the testing I made is that there is a problem with the routing of the ISP. I got a comment like this on youtube and it made me wonder. I'm not an expert of the topic so any suggestion is welcome. Here is the screenshot of the comment:

What do you think?

yt comment.PNG

That is certainly possible, something like the above actually helps with this but as it is on PC it may not be helpful. VyprVPN is a gaming VPN that has servers that are close to actual game servers so could be worth a try.