Issue Joining Xbox Parties With Netduma Router

Glitch x2

I've noticed that when I'm connected to my Netduma router I cant be part of a Xbox live party chat if someone in the party is/was using the xbox app to chat. I tried connecting my Xbox straight to the modem instead of the Netduma and with that the Xbox party works with someone using the app. Not sure what to do to fix issue help plz.

I have the same thing with my PlayStation try turning geo filtering off have them join the party then turn it on. Or if you want to try to correct it put it in spectating mode then invite them when you see them pop up on geo filtering then click on there pop up then click allow. You might have to allow a server as well.

13 minutes ago, Tmtmulisha said:

I have the same thing with my PlayStation try turning geo filtering off have them join the party then turn it on. Or if you want to try to correct it put it in spectating mode then invite them when you see them pop up on geo filtering then click on there pop up then click allow. You might have to allow a server as well.

I don't have the Geofilter on unless I'm playing pvp in Destiny 2 its usually set on spectating. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have an Open NAT on the console? Have you done any port forwarding at all? 

I've actually given you access to the 3.0 beta so install that and see if you get the same issue.

Thanks I just applied the update. Unfortunately the issue with the Xbox party issue still exist and yes my NAT type is Open. Also no I haven't done any port forwarding.

• Administrators

Okay that is fine, would it be possible to provide the person using the app this link and see if that helps with the situation?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_wowpc/why-does-it-keep-disconnecting-me-when-i-join-a/81084ca6-82a5-4510-8727-c5f17ed5d126

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've given you access, let us know how you get on.

I've put it into DMZ, disabled QoS and geo-filter, turned off traffic controller and nothing helped. So finally I've bypassed the router and connected only to my bridge and it worked, I could talk with my friends that are using xbox app on pc. So I'm 100% sure that something is wrong on my R1/DumaOS side.

Just want to note that UPnP in 3.0 doesnt open any ports for my xbox or ps4

If it helps I'm on version R1 3.0.105 and my bridge is ZTE ZXHN F601

• Netduma Staff

Hi @techbbq, I'm Adrian from the dev team.

First of all, thank you very much for letting us know about the issue. We are currently looking into it and we expect to give you more updates about it during this week, just so you are aware.

Hi @Glitch x2 and @techbbq,

I tested this myself in the office, and I was able to communicate between the Xbox App and Xbox One in a party chat, I didn't have any problems.

So I think this must have something to do with some specific settings on the R2 or Xbox.

Could you please answer the following questions? Sorry that there's so many!

• Do you have IPv6 enabled on your R2? On LAN, WAN, or both?
  • Does your Xbox One have an Open NAT? Have you done any port forwarding or are you using DMZ?
  • Is UPnP turned on?
  • Is the phone user on Android or iOS?
  • Is the phone user on Wi-Fi or LTE?
  • Was anybody in the party using any beta versions of Xbox software, like the Xbox Insiders Program?
  • Were you playing a game at the same time as talking to the party?
  • How many people were in the party? How many on phones?

Using this info I should hopefully be able to recreate the problem locally, and then we can debug it!

2 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

I tested this myself in the office, and I was able to communicate between the Xbox App and Xbox One in a party chat, I didn't have any problems.

So I think this must have something to do with some specific settings on the R2 or Xbox.

• Does your Xbox One have an Open NAT? Have you done any port forwarding or are you using DMZ?
  • Is UPnP turned on?
  • Was anybody in the party using any beta versions of Xbox software, like the Xbox Insiders Program?

Using this info I should hopefully be able to recreate the problem locally, and then we can debug it!

I do have IPv6 enabled 

My NAT type is open no port forwarding I am using DMZ 

UPnP is enabled

I tested it with iOS and Android both wifi and LTE

My friend uses Xbox app on PC not sure if its the beta version 

Playing a game or not party still won't work 

I usually have about 3 ppl in party only 1 that prefers to use app but won't because he knows I'll disconnect.

Also important side note I have a Netduma R1 not R2.

20 minutes ago, Glitch x2 said:

My friend uses Xbox app on PC not sure if its the beta version 

Ok that's interesting, might need to test that also.

20 minutes ago, Glitch x2 said:

Also important side note I have a Netduma R1 not R2.

Oh yes, sorry I forgot to look at which forum you posted in.

Okay using this info I will do some further tests and get back to you with what I find.

4 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

• Is UPnP turned on?

I have IPv6 enabled but looks like my console is always on IPv4

My NAT is OPEN, no UPnP and no port forwarding, xbox is on DMZ, like I said before, looks like UPnP on 3.0 doesn't open any ports for my xbox or ps4, but I'm not 100% sure, I didn't test it when I put my xbox into DMZ.

My friend isn't in any insider program on pc or console, neither am I

Yes we were both playing the same game and we can talk on chat in game.

Doesn't matter how many people are in the party, every time my friend from PC joins it only disconnects me, even if I'm party leader, then I cant connect back to this party, even if my friend from PC left.

And just like @Glitch x2 I'm using R1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Netduma Alex,

I'm having the same issue with xbox party chat.

• I'm on R1 2.1.3.29 and my bridge is a Huawei HG8245H (it's setup on route mode), connecting my xbox to my bridge works fine.
  • I tired enabling IPv6 on LAN and on WAN
  • OpenNAT and setup R1 as DMZ on my bridge(firewall disabled)
  • I tried only UPnP that listed 3074(UDP) and then tired port forwarding 88 (UDP), 3074 (TCP), 53 (UDP and TCP), 80 (TCP), 500 (UDP), 3544 (UDP), 4500 (UDP)
  • For me it's not related to Xbox App, all my friends are on xbox.

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, UnLeaSh said:

Hey @Netduma Alex,

I'm having the same issue with xbox party chat.

• I'm on R1 2.1.3.29 and my bridge is a Huawei HG8245H (it's setup on route mode), connecting my xbox to my bridge works fine.
  • I tired enabling IPv6 on LAN and on WAN
  • OpenNAT and setup R1 as DMZ on my bridge(firewall disabled)
  • I tried only UPnP that listed 3074(UDP) and then tired port forwarding 88 (UDP), 3074 (TCP), 53 (UDP and TCP), 80 (TCP), 500 (UDP), 3544 (UDP), 4500 (UDP)
  • For me it's not related to Xbox App, all my friends are on xbox.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the additional information. I have sent you a PM, please check it.