Issue Joining Xbox Parties With Netduma Router

Glitch x2

I am also having the same problems with Xbox party chat,this only started a few days ago. I have just updated to Duma OS 3.0 on the R1and still getting the same problem. Before I updated the OS I could'nt even send game invites,this has only started in the past week

I get no problems plugging my Xbox straight into my Plusnet hub.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Dookie77 said:

I am also having the same problems with Xbox party chat,this only started a few days ago. I have just updated to Duma OS 3.0 on the R1and still getting the same problem. Before I updated the OS I could'nt even send game invites,this has only started in the past week

I get no problems plugging my Xbox straight into my Plusnet hub.

We are testing it currently, hopefully I'll have some news soon.

Update on the situation its getting worse. It no longer requires someone to be using Xbox app for me to disconnect now I just disconnect when in party alone. At this point party chat via Xbox is no longer a feature when using Netduma R1 now.  

I have a post on this elsewhere but wanted to let you know what I showed Fraser here too:

Microsoft is phasing out peer to peer party chat and parties, and going SERVER based to prevent DDOS attacks by capturing your IP through the old system. 

I suspect that the recent XBOX update that rolled out (or those of us in the beta program, we had this problem longer) is causing this to be more widespread. This is per a dev on Reddit 

I don’t doubt that the DUMA team can’t remedy this, but I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later because I disconnected my R1 for the moment. 

B8DB4C33-6293-45BE-BCB1-93921EEDB5FA.jpeg

I’ve also been seeing this problem for about 2 weeks, with Xbox’s only (no PC / App usage). At first, it was a select few people I couldn’t party up with but now it’s spread to even people who I could previously connect with. On my console, it doesn’t show any one is “disconnected” or “connecting...”, it all looks normal there’s just no sound from them. What they say about the audio is that they hear an initial noise, and then nothing. I’ve gone through the steps of factory resetting both my router and my xbox (keeping the games), with no change. Also, tried port forward directly as well as UPNP, and nothing - after the the router reset, I no longer see teredo tunnels in my UPNP logs either, just entries for Demonware port mapping going to my Xbox on 2036 and 1200.

I should add that I hadn’t updated to the latest Xbox system update when I could still party with people - after the update it was noticeably worse.

I usually don’t run with Geo on at all.

1 hour ago, mpjohnsn said:

I’ve also been seeing this problem for about 2 weeks, with Xbox’s only (no PC / App usage). At first, it was a select few people I couldn’t party up with but now it’s spread to even people who I could previously connect with. On my console, it doesn’t show any one is “disconnected” or “connecting...”, it all looks normal there’s just no sound from them. What they say about the audio is that they hear an initial noise, and then nothing. I’ve gone through the steps of factory resetting both my router and my xbox (keeping the games), with no change. Also, tried port forward directly as well as UPNP, and nothing - after the the router reset, I no longer see teredo tunnels in my UPNP logs either, just entries for Demonware port mapping going to my Xbox on 2036 and 1200.

I should add that I hadn’t updated to the latest Xbox system update when I could still party with people - after the update it was noticeably worse.

I usually don’t run with Geo on at all.

This is exactly how my kid described things for me - it was sporadic with a friend here and a friend there and then they all got the update and he could no longer connect. 

Returned error 0x8923103D

On 10/26/2020 at 5:13 PM, MikeTHIS said:

This is exactly how my kid described things for me - it was sporadic with a friend here and a friend there and then they all got the update and he could no longer connect. 

Returned error 0x8923103D

Same error code for me as well. That only started popping up after the update as well, after the party sits for some time. Prior to latest update, there was no indication other than “connecting” status.

@Netduma Fraser - thanks. Appreciate the team’s work; just hope that the timeline is pretty short. I would imagine there’s going to be an increasing number of instances of this given we’re going into a huge game season.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, mpjohnsn said:

Thanks - if it wasn’t being observed in the beta I was going to request access, but if it’s occurring there as well it doesn’t make sense to upgrade.

You can always try it, everyone is different. I've given you access regardless if you decide to do so.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, mpjohnsn said:

Thanks. Is the issue with XBL only affecting some people’s party chats, or is it more widespread?

Hard to tell at this point, if it affect way more people then we would have been inundated with support queries but we haven't. Not saying it isn't an issue, just that it doesn't seem to be widespread at the moment.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, ilski said:

Oh it's most definitely an issue on R1...I can't talk to anyone in Live parties. So can y'all fix this or is it time to junk this R1?

We're looking into it currently so if we can figure it out we'll get a fix for it.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We're looking into it currently so if we can figure it out we'll get a fix for it.

Understood, by the way, the R1 has been great for many years. Not upset at all if it's outdated, just don't want to jump a conclusion and buy something when I don't need to yet. The not being able to talk in parties is bad though

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, ilski said:

Certainly done with the R1, and since y'all partnered with Netgear, guess it's bye to you boys. So long and thanks for all the bits.

Sorry to hear that. We're certainly not done with it though so do hope you check out the updates when they're available.

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Glitch x2 said:

So we can confirm the Netduma R2 doesn't have this problem and its exclusively a Netduma R1 issue? Are you guys getting anywhere with figuring the issue out or should I just upgrade to the Netduma R2?

So far I haven't seen any reports that seem to suggest it is present on any other router apart from the R1. I don't have an idea at the moment of when we'll have that sorted as it's still being looked into.