Issue Joining Xbox Parties With Netduma Router

Glitch x2

So am I done with Netduma since the beginning or, can we expect a fix?

While I’d love to say it doesn’t matter that I’m not using the router, I can’t feel a real difference in the servers I am connecting to. 

This is the longest I’ve gone without the router in almost 7 years. I need a realistic timeframe on an update, beginning to lose patience a bit. 

And I’m someone who keeps patience here. 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, MikeTHIS said:

So am I done with Netduma since the beginning or, can we expect a fix?

While I’d love to say it doesn’t matter that I’m not using the router, I can’t feel a real difference in the servers I am connecting to. 

This is the longest I’ve gone without the router in almost 7 years. I need a realistic timeframe on an update, beginning to lose patience a bit. 

And I’m someone who keeps patience here. 

I don't have a date but I've chased Alex again and expressed the urgency of the issue.

Just now, H3LLION said:

At what point were there be talks about upgrading us to the R2 or at least getting a discounted R2? If that's not going to happen I can just start searching for a replacement. 

I already switched to an EdgeRouter-X over a month ago, it was easy to setup / re-enable party chat. The impact of this issue and the lack of a solution is critical for those on Xbox, unless your friends or LFG’s you play with can use Discord for audio.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, H3LLION said:

At what point were there be talks about upgrading us to the R2 or at least getting a discounted R2? If that's not going to happen I can just start searching for a replacement. 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The R2 is already available at a discounted rate that we've provided to make it easier for existing R1 users to make the upgrade.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, john22rob said:

£130 isnt cheap if you invested into netduma early on and bought an R1.

Are you willing to buy back the R1's so we have money towards the R2? 

I'd really like to be able to use netduma on the Xbox again

The R1 launched in 2014, the R2 was launched 6 years later, we're not launching a router ourselves each year to maximize profits. The R1 was launched at I think £150 (which breaks down to just £25 a year) and that is all the money we have ever received from you as a customer, then there is the money involved in providing you with free updates, support etc. A company will not buy back an old product they don't sell anymore to supplement the purchase of another product unless it is part of a recycling program, for example with phones but even in that scenario it is only because of the precious metals within them. So I think the fact that we have a launch discount which is still available 4 months after launch is pretty good! I understand that the world is a bit crazy right now and people may not have the budgets at the moment but that's the best we can do for now.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, john22rob said:

Sorry Fraser, please ignore my post. I was tired and I didn't read the replies above properly. 

I thought you had said to buy the R2 @ a discounted price to fix the problem of Xbox live party not working. 

Ah no worries, not at all. Wouldn't suggest to anyone to pay for something else to fix an issue with their existing hardware.

I had the same problems with party chat on my xbox one x that was in the preview program.. 

I released my console from preview program and downgraded firmware on my r1 to r1-v-1-03-6j.

Now I've got party chat back with no disconnects or can't hear anybody.... but I really miss 3.0 😢😢

Hope this helps a little until there's a fix 👍🏻

I just would like to add that i  have been dealing with this issue also myself. 

And i'm fairly certain it has something to do with how the R1 connects to xbox itself or something near that. 

Reason being that if i use the xbox, and join any party, then it simply doesn't work.  It doesn't say disconnecting, or anything like that. If it weren't for the fact that i can't hear party, and they can't hear me, i would think everything was fine. 

Yet if i connect from my PC  using the xbox app, and get a party going with people, it works flawlessly. 

It makes 0 sense to me. 

I've downgrade to the 1.0j or w/e version and it still has the same issue. 

I didn't have this issue originally until i updated to the newest version (beta).  I have tried everything listed here also, and nothing has worked.   Hopefeully will be something fixed sometime soon.  As someone else mentioned, this has been a issue for awhile and for Xbox users it's kind of a big deal.   

Thank you guys for continuously looking into this, and for the constant support.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
32 minutes ago, DongaTon said:

Ah I see I’m not alone.

I will try leaving the Xbox insider/preview program. If this doesn’t work I’m afraid it’s the end for me and my trusty R1 until you guys get a fix. Hope to hear progress soon.

That's unlikely to work unfortunately but we are working on it.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Hudra101 said:

Could it be this? <Explicit Congestion Notification: Not ECN-Capable Transport (0)>

Maybe the R1 is

not ECN-capable?

Nat test Xbox Live:

Wireshark openwrt Router (Xbox chat working):

Wireshark R1 (Chat not working):

Very interesting, thanks a lot for that. Alex should be able to look into it today so I'll pass this on. 

2 hours ago, Hudra101 said:

Could it be this? <Explicit Congestion Notification: Not ECN-Capable Transport (0)>

Maybe the R1 is

not ECN-capable?

Nat test Xbox Live:

Wireshark openwrt Router (Xbox chat working):

1910431572_InkedNat1_LIOPENWRT.jpg.b2ea5afae7f98ff501292441a57333b1.jpg

Wireshark R1 (Chat not working):

2130917452_InkedNat2_LIR1.thumb.jpg.b72a086dca39e2da4bfbaef007e4a96b.jpg

Wireshark for the potential win. 

• 9 months later...