Issue Joining Xbox Parties With Netduma Router

Glitch x2

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, D3mon1c said:

Im down for a downgrade because I'm going thru the same issue too as well so how would I go about doing this?

51 minutes ago, switchke said:

@Netduma Fraser when you mean downgrade you mean the original R1 OS? 

Grab the file for either the original DumaOS pre 3.0 or the original firmware yes and it should work. You downgrade just the same as the process for upgrading except you use an older firmware file.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, D3mon1c said:

I thought if someone doesit wrong it'll brick the router? Also where is the page that shows the older firmware?

That was only upgrading if you were on a very low original firmware. You can find the latest DumaOS (pre 3.0) firmware here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzep9jc2b8wzgrh/dumaos-2.1.3.29.sig?dl=0

Just to add - I'm also on the last update before 3.0 beta, and having the same problem, so I doubt going back to this will help at all. 

As a workaround im just connecting my xbox to my normal router when I need to use party. But obv not getting any of the netduma features while doing so which is disappointing

Well I tried downloading the older version software and now all my problems are fixed. Just wish I knew my Duma auto updated without me knowing and it would have been my first thought rather then 5 hours of messing with things.

EDIT: Never mind I getting about 5 minutes of party chat then I get the same error and disconnected. Its better then nothing but its still not fixed....

Edited by Wasabi KungPow
Update

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Would probably have to go back to the original R1 firmware in that case then. We are investigating why it suddenly works on some versions vs others and we'll implement a fix as soon as we can.

They updated the post - downgrading didn’t work for me when I tried either. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you downgrade to 1.03.6j/g?

I'm still on 1.03.6j as per my post in the issues thread on the beta forum. It worked for me initially but I'm now getting 0x8923103D errors again when joining party chats.

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Bhins said:

I'm still on 1.03.6j as per my post in the issues thread on the beta forum. It worked for me initially but I'm now getting 0x8923103D errors again when joining party chats.

Okay thanks for the information, we will take a look. Probably what our initial thinking was in that we have to make Geo-Filter changes.

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks for the information, we will take a look. Probably what our initial thinking was in that we have to make Geo-Filter changes.

Would that still be the case with the Geo-Filter disabled though? I've had it disabled since I downgraded. Given that parties are moving to servers instead of P2P, is it possible there is a server whitelist issue of some kind?

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Bhins said:

Would that still be the case with the Geo-Filter disabled though? I've had it disabled since I downgraded. Given that parties are moving to servers instead of P2P, is it possible there is a server whitelist issue of some kind?

It should be fine disabled yes. That would usually be the case yes then we'd do a cloud update but I think it's more advanced than that this time. Potentially using relays.

without geo filter it still doesnt allow me to join party chat either even with the original OS from the R1... Any time you know when it will be fixed?

IS there a way to put the xbox in dmz? because in dmz it works but i dont want all my devices to be open 

never had 3.0 but i do want to try if this can help. If it doesnt work then i'll need to get another router since no prospected timeline and being like this for some time isnt fun. Its one of the only ways to keep contact with friends during this Covid period and with the R1 i cant talk to them.... 

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, switchke said:

never had 3.0 but i do want to try if this can help. If it doesnt work then i'll need to get another router since no prospected timeline and being like this for some time isnt fun. Its one of the only ways to keep contact with friends during this Covid period and with the R1 i cant talk to them.... 

Totally understand that. I've given you access to the beta here: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/130-dumaos-30-beta-netduma-r1/