Welcome to Telstra Game Optimiser - Powered by DumaOS

Hello and welcome to our support forum for Telstra Game Optimiser!

Game Optimiser is powered by DumaOS, which is a router operating system created by us here at Netduma.

On this forum, you can get support directly from the creators of the software. A Netduma staff member will respond to every question that's posted, and we'll do our best to resolve any issues or queries that you have.

Looking for help with Telstra’s Game Optimiser? – Check out the User Guide to get started or the more detailed Optimal Settings Guides at Telstra’s Help & Support pages.

We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

• Netduma Admin changed the title to Welcome to Telstra Game Optimiser - Powered by DumaOS
  • Administrators
14 minutes ago, SwiftCookie said:

You guys have a partnership with Telstra? WTF this must be new. Unfortunately I had to leave Telstra a few years ago due to terrible customer service 😕 I'm with Internode now!

Yes we do! We put out a tweet earlier in the week, here is the blog post about it :) shame you can't give it a go but you've got the routers anyway :D

https://netduma.com/blog/latest-milestone-game-optimiser-telstra/

Wow never would of expected to see DumaOS on a Telstra router since they never supported gaming in the past or even bothered putting QOS on their routers haha Can't wait to try it since i've used Netduma since the Netduma R1 and feel like the terrible NBN NTD box/modem somehow messes with the netgear routers with DumaOS and Australians have no choice but to use it. Thank you to the Netduma team, you're all legends ❤️

On 9/20/2020 at 10:34 AM, Thorny said:

Wow never would of expected to see DumaOS on a Telstra router since they never supported gaming in the past or even bothered putting QOS on their routers haha Can't wait to try it since i've used Netduma since the Netduma R1 and feel like the terrible NBN NTD box/modem somehow messes with the netgear routers with DumaOS and Australians have no choice but to use it. Thank you to the Netduma team, you're all legends ❤️

Being on Telstra Smart Modems will be really cool because this is the first time we've ever been on a modem/router combo. This will make it much easier for users to take full control of their network with minimal roadblocks.

On 9/22/2020 at 9:30 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Being on Telstra Smart Modems will be really cool because this is the first time we've ever been on a modem/router combo. This will make it much easier for users to take full control of their network with minimal roadblocks.

Do you think that the way the internet is set up in Australia using the NTD box instead of a modem like most countries, that it could of affected the netgear routers negatively since they're built for a different setup? found this that i think shows that the NTD box uses some sort of QOS that might interfere with the router The UNI-D and UNI-DSL support four interface tagging and prioritisation addressing modes:Default-Mapped:untagged; activation enabled QoSDSCP-Mapped:untagged; DSCP enabled QoSPriority-Tagged:single tagged (null/unpopulated); 802.1p enabled QoSTagged:single tagged (customer provided); 802.1p enabled QoS. from https://www2.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco2/2018/documents/sell/wba/SFAA-WBA-Product_Technical_Specification-nbnEthernet_Product_Module_20180328.pdf . found at 3.1.2 Addressing mode

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Thorny said:

Do you think that the way the internet is set up in Australia using the NTD box instead of a modem like most countries, that it could of affected the netgear routers negatively since they're built for a different setup? found this that i think shows that the NTD box uses some sort of QOS that might interfere with the router The UNI-D and UNI-DSL support four interface tagging and prioritisation addressing modes:Default-Mapped:untagged; activation enabled QoSDSCP-Mapped:untagged; DSCP enabled QoSPriority-Tagged:single tagged (null/unpopulated); 802.1p enabled QoSTagged:single tagged (customer provided); 802.1p enabled QoS. from https://www2.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco2/2018/documents/sell/wba/SFAA-WBA-Product_Technical_Specification-nbnEthernet_Product_Module_20180328.pdf . found at 3.1.2 Addressing mode

That is definitely a valid point and having upstream QoS could in theory affect the traffic but so far I haven't seen any issues occurring like that in the Aus market.

• 1 month later...

Are you guys able to help out with getting it working... I've enabled it, restarted and disabled it a few times but never get any change or auto restarts of the modem. (other than manual restarts and modfem comes back up exactly how it was).  Using 

Technicolor DJA0231

Software Version 18.1.c

Firmware Version 18.1.c.0462-950-RB

Hardware Version VCNT-A

• Administrators
3 hours ago, djdan said:

Are you guys able to help out with getting it working... I've enabled it, restarted and disabled it a few times but never get any change or auto restarts of the modem. (other than manual restarts and modfem comes back up exactly how it was).  Using 

Technicolor DJA0231

Software Version 18.1.c

Firmware Version 18.1.c.0462-950-RB

Hardware Version VCNT-A

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Could you provide your serial number please so that @tjw101 can check if it has been activated properly?

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, tjw101 said:

@djdan - you're on an older firmware. If you are okay to get manually updated by @Entilzha can do it. It will take you offline for approx 5 mins. 

THat is no problems.. I’m using the connection all day but 5 or 10 mins downtime is no issue so feel free to do it any time.  Thanks again for your help!

• 7 months later...
On 9/18/2020 at 11:47 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Hello and welcome to our support forum for Telstra Game Optimiser!

Game Optimiser is powered by DumaOS, which is a router operating system created by us here at Netduma.

On this forum, you can get support directly from the creators of the software. A Netduma staff member will respond to every question that's posted, and we'll do our best to resolve any issues or queries that you have.

Looking for help with Telstra’s Game Optimiser? – Check out the User Guide to get started or the more detailed Optimal Settings Guides at Telstra’s Help & Support pages.

We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

I'm having trouble logging into DumaOS Alpha to use telstra game optimizer but still not getting anywere need help 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Sam Rose said:

I'm having trouble logging into DumaOS Alpha to use telstra game optimizer but still not getting anywere need help 

Sorry to hear you're having an issue. What exactly happens when you try to login on the DumaOS app? Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Hi, I'm new here.

Can you guys add iRacing and iRacing Sim to the list please.

Cheers

Gavin

We can certainly take a look and see if we can add them. I'll add it to our request list.