DumaOS wont load and no wifi.

ivanLLA

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. If you try to access using the LAN IP 192.168.77.1 can you access the interface and go through the setup wizard?

It gives me this screen, but my modem is working fine so it shouldnt be a connection problem.

duma OS.PNG

Can I ask what your previous router was and if the isp supplied it.

a bit of a stab in the dark but I’ve seen issues where a router can’t be gained as the isp had to issue or register the product to allow use. 

6 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Can I ask what your previous router was and if the isp supplied it.

a bit of a stab in the dark but I’ve seen issues where a router can’t be gained as the isp had to issue or register the product to allow use. 

This is my first time owning a gaming router.

1 minute ago, ivanLLA said:

This is my first time owning a gaming router.

Are you saying it’s the first router you have owned? If not was was your last router.

whats the setup ie ont, modem etc.

4 hours ago, ivanLLA said:

Yes its my first router, the modem is an Arris modem.

What model number is your Arris modem? Whats strange about your situation is when you posted the ipconfig screenshot in there your default gateway is showing the ip address of your modem. And not the ip address of your R2. Your R2 ip address is 192.168.77.1.. And that should be appearing as your default gateway in your ipconfig.. Just wanted to point that out to you so you understood..  The question is why is this happening.. So is your Arris a combo unit? Meaning is it a modem and router in one unit? If you can simply give me the model number of it I can tell you and try to help..

Thanks!

Zippy.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, ivanLLA said:

This is what I get

duma OS.PNG

Hi, thanks for purchasing the R2.

it looks like your wireless is disabled on your PC as it is only printing the Ethernet adapter. This probably explains why wireless is not working. Can you please follow these instructions to connect to the wireless network:

http://ecross.mvps.org/howto/connect-to-wireless-network-with-windows-10.htm

You wireless network name should be something like "Netduma-R2". Please let us know if you need any more assistance with this. 

Hi, sorry to hear you're having these issues.

So just to confirm it's all been plugged in correctly, you should have one of the LAN ports on the modem connected to the blue WAN port on the back of the R2, you should then have one of the yellow LAN ports on the R2 connected to your PC.

If your computer is not connected directly to the R2 (or something downstream of the R2) you will not be able to access its interface (not without setting up a static route, anyway)

• Administrators

Sorry, I may have misread what you said initially. When you said "ethernet works fine", what exactly did you mean by that? Could you access the DumaOS GUI at http://192.168.77.1? If not are you sure you haven't given yourself a static IP address on your Windows machine?

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex, please link to documentation or explains step to use DHCP on Windows 10 

• Administrators

Hi @ivanLLA - we have debugged this problem and it appears DumaOS was not fully installed. We apologise for this happening. Thank you for working with us on here to help us figure out what happened. A replacement is being dispatched to you right now, and it should be with you on Wednesday and we are also refunding you for the cost of your postage.

We have also taken steps in our install process to ensure this does not happen again.